Houston, Maybe I can illustrate my point better with something that happened a number of years ago when I was more in my gun collecting phase. At a major Southern California show a guy had for sale a Russian M1940 Tokarev rifle. There are period photos of German soldiers with the M1940.

The rifle in question had a number of Waffenamts stamped on it, and he wanted a lot of money (for that time) for the rifle. The guy had a �story� to go along with the rifle and why it was so valuable.

To cut to the chase: It turned out that the guy had borrowed an original set of stamps. From someone who had no knowledge that the guy was going to create a fake (altered) rifle to extract the maximum amount of money from unsuspecting TR weapons collectors.

Some things make sense, and some don�t. And no amount of paper, testimonials, or photos was ever going to make that rifle legitimate. (And somewhere it's in somebody's collection because it got sold, and at some point is going to reemerge into the marketplace, only to disappear again.) FP