JR, Once I figured out that the very first �H�hnlein" dagger. Numero uno for me, that Craig posted (with a glowing description) was a parts piece - something else that I have a problem with is the nickel silver(?) center mount. And the widespread acceptance of silver, nickel silver chains, it doesn't matter. Wide and small connector pieces. All good!! Or at least so I was told.

With Craig�s most recent purchase, the �Gruner� dagger. Has the mouthpiece been removed? I don�t know for sure, but don�t the mouthpiece screws look like maybe they have been backed out a tad in the image?

And then there is the �Danish� dagger, one of the primary pillars of his �woodwork� argument. He has it less than 24 hours(?). And the guy who got it, either dumped it, or tried to dump it with somebody else? And when I look at the blade/signature of that puppy it looks to me like someone: �tuned it up�, �humped it up�, or however you want to describe a blade with a very bad side. And a noticeably better one, with a new or newish appearing signature.

With my point being that I think that the topic is about a lot more than just one very recently acquired dagger. Regards, Fred

nskk6_Gruner_CU_upper_mount_2_copy.jpg (58.87 KB, 654 downloads)