I understand the concern that the silver stamps are not in the form that we think they should be.
I don't think the government of the Third Reich cared much about what we think things should be

Photos show the wear of this type chain

Several collector/dealers that I know have testified about these pieces coming out of the wood work for little cost-I choose to believe them

No silver chain with box fitting or other silver chain has surfaced with the "proper" silver stamps for comparison.

So-my conclusion at this time is that while there is testimony and proof that would hold up in a court of law that there are problems and questions with these chains and the signature-nothing has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt.There is no question that the testimony would also be admitted. That is my opinion and I might add it is also the opinion of the VAST majority of experienced collectors who have been around for the past 40-50 years--- and IMO the parties on the other side just express opinions but continue to express that things have been PROVEN.

There is a VAST difference between the words-- proof and PROVEN. Let's be a bit more objective-many things that have been "Proven" have been found to be false.

MAX & OVMS Life Member, MAX Bd. of Experts. GDC Platinum Dealer. Collector since 1955.