I really don�t want to get away from the primary focus now, which is more on the differently executed signatures on the H�hnlein dagger blades. But seeing that is some disagreement, here are a couple of images of the silver �Gahr� marked fittings, so that everyone can see what is being discussed.

The �Kaltenbrunner� sword was mentioned because it is just (IMO) one more example of a supposed original Third Reich artifact with a very long history which had been in an advanced collection. That as soon as it made the light of day sparked controversy. While I have some archived photos and documentation. I really don�t want to dilute this discussion and will only touch on one aspect. Myself and some others were in one camp that it was a fake. Houston, and at least I think one other participant here, were in the opposite camp. When the time comes - we can let the facts and pictures tell their own story.

The images: Example �A� shows a very poor quality silver casting with the fake cast in place supposed �Gahr� markings.

NSKK_silver_example_A.jpg (81.52 KB, 794 downloads)