Craig, I’m in agreement that when we sit down to write a check the signature is never exactly the same. Neither are personal hand written autographs. No argument there, although I seem to remember that hand writing analysts (in criminal matters) use certain characteristics to detect fraudulent signatures.

However: When a tool and die maker creates a set of stamping dies. Stamped object # 1 (like a plaque) is probably going to be virtually identical to object # 100. By object # xxxx it might start to break down a little on the microscopic level which can create observable differences.

Likewise in a production environment, etching masks created from a master are going to be very close. Which is why the Himmler signatures on blades from the same maker are not all over the landscape - but are generally fairly consistent from one to the other. This is also why the motto portions of blades from a particular maker are reasonably consistent. (Although sometimes small differences are noted because the masks often have to be cleaned up a little manually after they are applied which can create miniscule variations. The position of the mask can shift a little etc.)

There is much less effort and almost no cost in making an etching mask. As compared to individually creating a raw signature time after time, on blade after blade. With a greatly increased risk of making errors. Like especially (IMO) that very first example in the original discussion, which is at the bottom right of the just posted collage.

PS: To the best of my immediate recollection, it was not just a random signature/dedication to a high level TR leader in the book. Generalmajor u. Inspektor des Kraftfahrwesens der Luftwaffe Dransfeld and the NSKK were working together. With the NSKK helping in training personnel for the Luftwaffe. The first signature that was posted? FP