Regarding the signatures, I dug this up from an earlier GDC thread:

It's a collage of Hunlein singatures. Note they are all sufficiently similar. In addition, Fred Prinz, on this link:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/...573/m/9960043305/p/4

Shows that the signature on the "fake" dagger is similar, but no exactly like, the signature on the original. I think a side-by-side comparison will show that the signatures are different.

But to return to the topic at hand, this thread was started by me to bring to light the first ever documented "direct" veteran family find of an NSKK dagger, which is documented to have been seen in the 1960s, a full 10 years before this craziness was said to have occured. I would suggest that those who wish to review the 'arguments' visit the above-noted thread. No sense in repeating the arguments here. It is in this spirit that I will soon post the THIRD testimony regarding the example that recently surfaced in Denmark, and was purchased by me from the "picker" who has since traveled to the "source" to get a letter signed by the person who found the dagger originally. If Gailen can be convinced to write a statement about HIS find (a most interesting find) we will then have 4 good testimonies with varying degrees of strength, to add to the historical record.

Craig Gottlieb
Founder, German Daggers Dot Com
www.cgmauctions.com