Paul,

Excellent uniforms! Smile

Technically, the Stasi evolved into a quasi-military organization but their authority continued to come from the Ministry for State Security. I tend to look at "police" organizations as those of the Ministry of the Interior, but I know what you mean. There is no real bright line with some of these organizations such as the Environmental law enforcement folks and the Forestry law enforcement people, who did not answer to the MdI.

The Grenzschutz also evolved from the Grenzpolizei and became separated from the MdI chain of command when the NVA was formed. So, they are really separate with the exception of the 1940s-50s Grenzpolizei.

There is some controversy over the Civil Defense shoulder boards. Do yours have black centers? If so, I believe they would be Feuerwehr rather than Zivilverteidigug.

One correction on your Hubschreibereinheit uniform. The Transportpolizei uniform with light blue Luft- style collar tabs is correct for both officer and NCO ranks. The light blue Luft- style shoulderboards are correct for officer ranks but incorrect for NCOs according to regulations. Your NCO tunic should have standard Kornblumenblau Bisen- und Effektenfarbe shoulderboards as odd as that may seem. I suspect this is because the police and Air Force NCO ranks did not correspond.

Very nice stuff. Big Grin

George

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson