just wanted to say it is a pleasure to see a pinned thread on this subject. Bahnschutz and Reichsbahn (to a lesser extent) have been my number one passion of mine for many years now. I have done as much deep research as I have been able too so far and am still working on it. finding and talking to other collectors of this branch and dealers and collectors from around the world of other fields to find out what I can. I even had a chance to talk to one Bahnschutz vet (not many made it out of the war) (I will try and explain in the future) which I must admit did not amount to much due to the language barrier and the short time aloud. but I have been lucky enough to find several older gentlemen ( not that I am young) that have spent years looking into this rare para-military branch and have seen some of the few documents that survived and in depth interviews with some of the prevalent third reich parties involved.

after all this said, I what to say I am not an expert. I will never say this is the way it is and if you don't like my answer to bad you are wrong. I, as well as you guys are here to learn and discuss. I just want to share what I have learned. there are several questions and misconception I think I can help clear up for what I have read on this pinned topic. (soon I hope, single dad with several jobs makes time hard to come by)

just want to post this for now as it sounds like it might disappear if it is left idol for to long and I would hate to see that happen.

great stuff guys!! lets see more!
jim s

" six degrees of separation "