I am not total disputing the fact that they exist but the evidents lean alot heavier in my opinion that the 2nd model Bahnschutz would be much more probable for the introduction of a dagger for this organization thou's one may make the assumtion that it was in fact introduced along with many other daggers in 1938 why the existence of so many other varitions of the Klaas daggers, yes other makers pop up on occasions but not in the frequency that the Klaas versions. Almost every Black handled dagger was made by Klaas, and many are found with paint remaining under or around the wire or under the pommel area. I find this as treading dangerous waters in the collection realm and if these so called 1st model R.R. or Funeral Lufts did exist it would be very hard to prove through providents that it was always black since painted versions of these black grips did exist. So how do you know it is original and not post war modified? Anyone aquire any comletely black handled 2nd luftwaffe's or Heer's daggers directly from vets with NO trace of paint on the grips including under an eye loupe around the wire and such areas? I am still not convinced and maybe we all will never be but to collect something with less then proven history is that really collection for history or collecting for the sake of having more product?