Adam and Pat, naturally I also have thought over the black grips for several times for myself.
I do not think it beeing totally impossible that there was a variant of the army officers dagger for this branch. Simply an officers dagger for officers (but now officers from bahnschutz - and therefore a different colored grip for any distiction). It is -prooved- not uncommon for 3.R. period daggers that a small difference represented another branch (e.g.: Diplos/Govs; redcross/sozialwellfare - yes I do believe in the different daggers for these two different "brother"-branches due to what I have seen on period pics and what I have seen on (hangers)/of daggers which came directly from the former wearer or the hosehold of the late former wearer and finally LC/WC and navy/WPP).
The lack of any period pic does not wonder me. As it is mentioned it has been a very small branch. Up to some years ago there did not exist (in collector�s hands) a single photograph of waring a TN-leader dagger and these daggers were not thought beeing phantasy pieces Wink up to this time. And the differenc of color due to b&w period pics might be anothr problem of finding them easily.
Why for heavens sake these army grips ever have been produced in black color if they were needed only in white and pale yellow????
There are not only KLAAS ones (please write it the right way -KLAAS- and not "KLASS" how shall our younger collectors learn to recognize minute details) but other manufacturers from time to time. Where these grips on them postwar changed?? Did they use grips from KLAAS? I do not know. But I think it would be extremely interesting for our collectors comunity to sov the mistry of those black grips, if there ever did exist a Bahnschutz leader dagger in the form of an army officers dagger but with original period black grip.

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.