First model Railroads, Luftwaffe funeral daggers the maker always Klass the grip matrial always trilon. The only maker to produce these elusive some what mystrious dagger is Klass also the only maker to use black trilon for there grips durn the era and paint them, wood was used by other makers and painted but it stuck better then on trilon so the paint chipped away or IMO was removed and made amazingly enough a new dagger that served a new purpose in the third reich. The First Model Railway Dagger, I have never thought it to be quite right being so similar to the Army daggers why would a separate entity like the Reichsbahn not commission a different design, well that is explainable they did. In my opinion the so called second model railroad is in all reality the first model railroad. As far aa Luft funeral daggers go again Klass 2nd model Lufts are found with painted grips and underneath amazingly enough black trilon, and again to make a buck the paint was remove and a jazzy new name given to the dagger. The only maker that made 1st model Railroads was Klass and only maker that made the so called funeral lufts also Klass the only company known to have used black trilon in there dagger grips also Klass, that is about all I need to know to make my decision on these daggers how about you. I know this may cause debate but debate is good, as a community of collectors way is such a thing so passively accepted. I for one and I don't think I am alone. Just because they are being sold as a different dagger on many sites these daggers IMHO are normal but damaged Heers daggers & 2nd model luftwaffe daggers. Maybe Manfred can repaint your grips then they will be restored to their original state Big Grin . I have no positive proof of my statement only educated assumptions I guess, you make your own decision. I really would love to learn others opinions on these.