After some discussions with AussieDave (great help) my previous project for a gaming guild have taken an entirely new direction and will restart with grander plans.

I'm now looking to you to see if there's any interest in such a project, any ideas and opinions are wellcome!

The first step would be to collect source material to work with, this need to be high res, good quality images, preferable lighting neutral of various parts or entire insignias.
From this materialI will build modular files that will let me recreate any insignia, any branch including variants and addons that can be output for display.

The next step would be hosting all these images on a searchable website so that if someone is researching something they can just enter what criteria their insignia has and will get a list of matching in the database with miniature pictures. If they see something very close to what they are looking for they can call it up and get better picture, background info etc on it.
With time as new variants and units appear on photos etc we add reconstructions to the db with as much backrgound info as we can.

Naturally anyone will ahve access to these files and if need be can have their custom variants saved out to their requested size, resolution and orientation.

So, to get the ball rolling,does it sounds interesting or just a waste of my time? Would anyone considder helping me with source materials? (will start out with Heer Shoulder/collar/sleeve, early war at first).

TIA
Thomas