Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#358821 08/26/2023 05:51 PM
M
Maralph Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Gents, would anyone know how to contact Ralf Siegert regarding an expertise ? Searched the web and couldn’t find any contact details. Any help appreciated.

No fight, no glory.
Maralph,

Look up Ralf's "expertises" on the internet before you bother.

I have not used him myself, but I have read several times that they are not very good. frown

If you would like my opinion (free) send photos to [email protected]

I don't know of a good German expert right now, but perhaps members will suggest one.

Dave

1 member likes this: kreta1961
M
Maralph Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Dave, did indeed see mixed reviews of his expertises but at least in Germany I don’t believe that there is anyone else with similar gravity. With regard to the piece I have no doubts just wanted to undermine it with an expertise but thanks for your offer will send you a mail for your opinion.

No fight, no glory.
Maralph,

Have you checked with the better dealers in DE ? Or, I can ask over here who is good in Germany .... Let me know by email.

Dave

In my opinion, a RF expertise would make a piece more suspicious in stead of guarantee its originality...

You never have enough HJ-knifes!
1 member likes this: den70
K
K
Originally Posted by Maralph
Gents, would anyone know how to contact Ralf Siegert regarding an expertise ? Searched the web and couldn’t find any contact details. Any help appreciated.
Even very late,
but his website didn't exist anymore.
I've seen a few of these '' expertise '' in the past.
Terrible.

Originally Posted by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann)
In my opinion, a RF expertise would make a piece more suspicious in stead of guarantee its originality...

I would agree with this sentiment completely.

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310
Online Content
Good afternoon dear colleagues, I have been thinking for months whether I should share my experience with Ralph. I asked (in a personal chat by mail) one very respected guru on our forum whether should I share my story. He did not answer my question. I very much respect his knowledge and experience in our business and I think that he has the right not to give me advice. I have a SS Röhm full dagger (today I returned this dagger to the dealer, I had doubts about its authenticity) I decided to get Ralph's opinion. On the forum I read about not unambiguous reputation of the expertise from this man, but eventually decided that I need to get it. I found his real address of residence in Germany and E-mail address (who is looking for it will always find it). I wrote a letter that I want to get a full expertise (in the letter I listed three daggers and I want to get expertise on all three daggers). The answer was very quick, 20-30 minutes where he immediately told me that the cost of his expertise 5% of the value of the dagger, and the price of the dagger he sets himself.I will not list what these three daggers are, these daggers are all about the same level of collecting. I arranged a personal meeting, we met ... I took only one dagger with me, decided that I would take the rest of the daggers another time. The first thing I heard from Ralph was that he sets the price himself and where are the other two daggers. He immediately set the price of the dagger ... the dagger is worth ... I will not name the number, to what I said that I bought it twice cheaper ... My words and the site of the dealer with the real selling price, he let it go by the ears (understandable, why would he listen to me and look at the price of the dealer, the higher the estimate the more the cost of expertise). Ralph said that within a week will send to my E-mail the result of the expertise. The answer comes back: I THINK it is original. Is that all the expert wants to tell me? To my letters asking if I will receive a certificate with photos of the dagger and where it will be written that it is 100% original and corresponds to the early time of release, I have not received an answer. I wrote three letters to Ralph with my questions and on the third letter I received a reply... I have to pay for the expertise... I did not receive any answers to my questions. I refused to pay for the expertise, in response I received threats that he has every right to go to court and (from his words) he will win it. All chat with Ralph I have saved (it was in German). In general, I took the dagger back, I didn't pay the money. What I wanted to tell you is that if you go to Ralph for expertise, you will get a very inflated price for your dagger (the man really needs the money). And most importantly you will only get ... I THINK....

1 member likes this: kreta1961

Moderated by  Dave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,283,624 SS Bayonets
1,781,230 Teno Insignia Set
1,146,978 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
German WWII Insignia
by Hermanator - 07/16/2024 09:41 PM
And another...
by Stephen - 07/16/2024 04:01 PM
And another....
by Stephen - 07/16/2024 03:55 PM
Eickhorn 1st Model Navy daggers
by Baz69 - 07/16/2024 11:50 AM
Another poster to block
by Stephen - 07/16/2024 08:14 AM
Latest New Posts
Estonian Rings
by Gaspare - 07/17/2024 04:58 PM
Political Rings
by Gaspare - 07/17/2024 04:43 PM
Imperial Navy daggers
by wotan - 07/17/2024 08:46 AM
Eickhorn 1st Model Navy daggers
by Baz69 - 07/17/2024 08:29 AM
German WWII Insignia
by Hermanator - 07/16/2024 09:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,690
Posts329,666
Members7,586
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
11 members (S.Wilson, Gaspare, C. Wetzel-20609, Baz69, Ric Ferrari, Nietzsche, Mikee, Jonesy, den70, Dean Perdue, AnatoliyD), 205 guests, and 120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod