Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#349362 05/21/2021 03:40 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I posted this in showing a Italion sword!

P
Brunswick Twp! Ohio
Hello collectors!

I figure I might post something which I never do anymore ,this forum has been in a death spiral for yrs!

Every time I check it 5 or 6 member! 40 robots! 13 and its a party!

So many mods gone or never were! Sections not posting for yr or 6 month! What the!!!!!!!!

For sale section was the pride of this forum yrs ago!

I am sorry but Dave! You killed it!

You are a nice guy but should have got the company watch long ago!

Any how! Here is a Italian officers sword with killer knot!

Just got from vet family with other goodies!

PVON

Look
Just peek at your fourms Dave

Breaks my heartfor what GD once was!

A fast look at sections!

Hunting and Forestry section last post 12-31-2020 Gary or Baz is top notch!

US section last post 6-28-2020 Mr Jerry is top notc and posting on US forum and has banner! WAF posts!

Uniforms section last post 20-20

Buckles last post 6-28-2020

I could go on!

Moderators- Hiding with Jimmy Hoffa! Some are trying hard! Daggers! This is GD a dagger place! It's supposed to be!

Rings! Without it this forum is dead!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't like rings or collect them! This is not the ring forum but a dagger forun!

No Andy or Don Boyle!

You carried mods who were dead never here for yrs! Some have been missing so long and we don't know what hppened to them!

I could go on but a blindman can see if they want why nothing is happening!

Ron Wis posting and selling on WAF bigg time! Bigger pics!

PVON

pvon #349364 05/21/2021 03:54 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Look its not the hacking etc that put this forum in the toliet! Your kidding yourself if youbelieve!

Dave

You were like a oldgunfighter who cleared out the town!

Now its a ghost town!

Breaking News!

Way to many have left and I am afraid they are never coming back! The problem must be addressed and replace out dated ideas!

Share and lead !

Many of are old and dead or not collecting like these once did! Manyin the old days were here to sell or buy!!!!!!! What a time!

Serious questions need to be asked!

Making collectors play nice but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So many fourm area's no longer are needed! Combine many! Recuit new blood! Make this place a destination for collectors!

Example! japanese forum!I have not got anything like a helmet out of the woodwork for yrs!

What GD does have is some of the best info in archives and pics from the glory days! USE them!

Dave
You must have a foot locker of wonderful SS daggers! But you need a JR to take photos of those prizes! People want to see them!

Not old pics that were 25 yrs ago and crappy!

PVON

pvon #349365 05/21/2021 04:02 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I miss the old days finding this stuff and looking to make sure something wasn't shown on GD!

Galien,John Pepera,,Houston Coates! Andy! And so many!!!!!!!!!!

even Kris L who drove you nuts Dave! Most won't even remember him!

Never forgot him telling me at a SOS how he woke up after a nite of drinking and all he had on was a baseball cap and shoes!

He was alwaysa hoot and could type his as? off after a few drinks! GD was alot of fun! Nobody wanted to miss the action!

Now! Well lets say we all turned old and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PVON

pvon #349367 05/21/2021 06:49 PM
T
Online Content
T
Wow, what a way to make an entrance!

pvon #349368 05/21/2021 07:26 PM
Online Content
Yeah, Ron, what a great entrance.

Paul,

you're a premium member for 6 months. Got stuff to sell ?

Next, I'll do the Mods

Dave

pvon #349370 05/21/2021 11:17 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Many new mods could run it and you don't need experts! Just folks who want to talk and share! Learn by talking to others!

Memorys of this great hobby forum! Everyone has them and could share the stories!

Again fresh area's and stuff and moderators who don't need to be experts just have passion for whats happened in hobby
past and present!

Dave you don't need to reinvent the wheel! You are not going to replace Houston but you found Gary! He has enough good ,no make that fabulous stuff
to keep folks amazed! Forget the Hunting and such forum! Go fresh and make Collectors Corner a fresh spot for collectos to check whats up!

Besides he can get JR to chime in! He is at the top of the game in taking pics,and having wonderful stuff!

Jim Wallace has the stuff and knowledge to pickit up and show the goods!

How about Tanker! He has always been loyal andf friendly to this forum!

Ryan Sellick always had amazing stuff to show!

Medals and badges are really not my area,your not going to budge WAF on this topic! Find a new area for that mod always tried but had nothing to wok with!

Your moderator Ron W is as we speak listed 12 edge weapons on WAF! You need that knowledge and sales over hear on German daggers!

I bet the size of pics ran him away! Many of us old folks can't manage or don't bother when other forums make it easy to just hit a button!

You can't chase away the men like that that has massive amount to fill your for sale section up! That brings lookers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fix the photo size for collectors! People dont have time and energy to mess around!
No one is going to pay you for a service that just doesn't work! No one is going to advertise and pay for ghosts!!!!!

I 'for one have hundreds of pics on disk of stuff and shows I took! Collections of stuff!
To much competion to not be on face book,gunrunner, auctions,

Well as they say the cowboy rides away!
Hope some idea's are taken to heart and others chime in! Many collectors just need hope you will turn this around!

Like I said before! Don't try and invent the wheel! Win one for the Kipper! Thats Vern

PVON out!

pvon #349371 05/21/2021 11:32 PM
S
S
Hi Paul you certainly hit the nail on the head DEADSVILLE I have belonged to WAF for years but I almost never post or visit due to GDC loyalty but when I do visit it is well attended etc.....my loyalty has always been to GDC remember the German helmet forum and the glory days, Tom Keebler, Daryll Pajot, what seemed like all nighters in rooms during the SOS dicussing helmet finds etc.... Craig and Don and JPIC and Andy, god bless him he posted until the very end, Robert Hassler, Horst, Bob Coleman, Bob Iqbal, Derek Chapman, Dave "NOBOZOS" Bissell, Paul Hogle, Gailen David, Ed Sunday, Patrice Vialle and his mint mint items/daggers , Willi Schumacher, Donald Abenheim...chased away...now he posts on WAF......Paul I will send you some pics of my COVID dagger acquisitions thus far since October 2020 post them in the dagger forum and lets see if we can get something started will aslo send you some political stuff guess we from the great white north won't be crossing the 49th anytime soon so another year for us no Max or SOS Hope to see you all healthy and safe in 2022 SOS cheers and best, Ryan

pvon #349372 05/21/2021 11:39 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
My top sentence got chopped off!

We used to have a section in Bob Rodgers World Daggers called Collectors Corner!

I was a moderator!

You could close some dead areas and open a fresh one that combines may areas
such as shows, Japanese helmets,Hunting,buckles and anything a collector want to talk about'
fresh stuff thats alway alive and easy to run!

You don't need experts just collectors who have some passion to show or discuss stuff!

Could be anything folks want to share or talk about! Instead of dead forums with no discussion for 6 monthsor a yr!

Memory forum! Nothing but pics of show,collectors collections,people etc! I have pics on disk!

Fresh areas! Fresh mods Maybe Tanker a loyal and big supporter could join some new area!

Many new ideas and hope!

Jim Wallace

You were a force in World daggers! Are you alive and still sharing???????? HA!!!!!!!

pvon #349373 05/21/2021 11:41 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ryan

I was looking for you!!!!!!!!!!! MY man!!!!! You had such wonderful stuff!

Please join us if we start a new world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My best old friend!!!!!!!!!

Those guys and all the fun! My god it was the best!
PVON

Last edited by pvon; 05/21/2021 11:43 PM.
pvon #349375 05/21/2021 11:44 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ryan

I told Dave we need a Doc Holiday!

pvon #349377 05/21/2021 11:59 PM
S
S
Im your Huckleberry......................................................... funny Ive been hitting GDC daily all week cause I'm off I sent you a PM with my email and cell when you touch base I will send you some pics to post if you want do you stay in touch with Bob Grant and Bob Iqbal ?? cheers, Ryan

pvon #349381 05/22/2021 05:14 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Dave

You could add a section for cars,sports combined! Collectors would like to talk and show just like
military!

Draws collectors!

And keeps them!

Call it Collectors retreat and bar!

Members could give suggestions for name!

Section to honor vets and show pics and discuss members family who served,show pics and talk to many who have served!

I know many members have served or family thru our history that have!

Even topics like Latest Korean vet to get Medal of Honor!

Lots of ideas to start conversation!

Just different idea for our members to engage and talk!

Members can add more idea's!
Be bold and add sections that might interest colllectors

Movie and book section! Who doesn't like movies! War movies of all periods!

Discuss Top Gun,John Wayne,Stalingrad, its endless! Midway!!!!!

Collectors what would you like to see to make this forum better!

We have to get back in the game and get more than 5 members looking!

Just a thought!

PVON

pvon #349385 05/22/2021 06:13 PM
E
E
Dave
A FOOT LOCKER!!!
Wow, I'd like to see a picture of it just opened, showing whats on top, and how full it is.
Just kidding Dave, I am sure you wouldn't keep them in a foot locker.
Unless they all had cases, or original storage bags.
Ed

pvon #349388 05/22/2021 09:48 PM
Online Content
Ed,

Most of them are in a small foot locker called a safe deposit box. After the TW SS book, I felt I had too much at home so I locked them up. I put them in thick white socks I got from Walmart as the dagger bags are very thick. I take one back and get another one out now and them. Here is an old portrait:

All SS 5.jpg (129.82 KB, 112 downloads)
pvon #349389 05/22/2021 09:51 PM
Online Content
Paul,

There are threads on cars in Other Hobbies.

Would you like you own forum ? For what? Vet pictures ?

Talk to me.

pvon #349391 05/22/2021 11:39 PM
S
S
How about the ability to post videos tutorials like Tom's ? Dave I would spend tons of time to just watch you discuss each of your SS daggers and show them in detail....or video links. I admit that I have an absolute computer block but I could break down once and ask my wife for help...lol I'm willing to put things aside and with the help of Paul and others make an attempt to bring this forum back to just 50% of what it was 12 years ago...but for that therehas to be interest and "buy in" cheers and best, Ryan

pvon #349393 05/23/2021 02:00 AM
Online Content
Ryan,

I think we are trapped by the site's software. Like with image sizing. I'll talk with Vern.

Dave

pvon #349394 05/23/2021 02:18 AM
M
M
I would imagine “state of the hobby” type thoughts are probably part of it.
Not any one thing. There is a lot to the nature of it that brings certain personalities together that might not play well together now or in the past. All the normal parts and ugliest parts of a free market are still in play too but laid across a more volatile human element than in regular society. No one really wants to deal with those unattractive parts when seeking something ultimately unnecessary to purchase or own. It is much easier for very many especially in the younger generations to just walk away. Holding up specific knowledge and imaginary high status does not do much for people now who really do not want to have to be beaten up online, lectured to, ripped off or worse just to be able to navigate their way in the free market based hobby landscape. It is just not worth the investment of time for them.

pvon #349396 05/23/2021 12:23 PM
E
E
Dave
Holly Molly! That is a super family photo. All look in fantastic condition, congratulations. Thank you.
I'm with Ryan, would be great to see one by one.
JR does do a wonderful job of photographing, and he does it with a old obsolete camera and a box on his dinning room table. It's talent, not high dollar equipment.
There was a little discussion years ago about cars, I think Redsled started it. I loved it. Lots of photos, but died after a few weeks.
Mike is correct. People today get there feelings hurt so easy.
Ed

Last edited by ed773; 05/23/2021 12:23 PM.
pvon #349397 05/23/2021 12:50 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ok now we are talking! Thats the beauty of the hobby! Guys will buy in if something is fun and interesting!

Doesnt have to be all tecnical things like parts on a dagger! But thats fun also!

Guys still kick back and like cars,sports,and I forgot music! Yes hobby section hada nice run with greatcars once!

I suggeset change the name and fold in the old stuff so its not hard! And music! Sports talk or anything folks like!

People are drawn in time to want to maybe according to season to discuss footbal,baseball,cars they had in youth
or now!

Many of us grew up in the greatest timeof rock in roll! Bet folks have favorites! I love Elvis,Beatles,Stones,Beach BOYS!
Fleetwood Mack,others might like the hair bands,or OZZIE!!!! Its endless Dave!~ Folks just want to take time and enjoy
the past! Or future!

You know Military Nut would email me songs and titles of rock song say doo-wop or classics from then!
Andy was kinda gruff .but he really liked the early rock and he even bought 4 classic convertibles in his last
yrs!

I could talk about those areas for ever! Bet others might also!! I had many hot convertibles and the sweetest Corvette back in my youth!

I love football! -Ohio State and all the teams! Bet others do too! Pros!!!!!! Oh yea!

My son in laws relative played for NY Yankee's for a long time till Micky Mantle came and got his number! Wanna talk Babe Ruth,Mickey,Joe and Lou?

Willie Mays, its endless!

Give people a reason to vist and kick uptheir feet and talk military ,sports blah blah! This forum needs to be fun and friendly!

PVON

pvon #349398 05/23/2021 12:54 PM
S
S
Geez this post alone by Paul has generated thought, discussion, views and generated posts .........wow the possibilities.............................cheers and best, R

pvon #349399 05/23/2021 01:14 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Dave

I knew you had a footlocker!!!!!!!!!!!! They are amazing and would also want to see them and hear about them like Ryan said!

Gotta figure out away to JR them and share those babies!

Size of pics must be dealt with! I used to have a lod camera also that took super pics and had adobe to resize and program
in old tower computer that made magic All gone! But I have pics on disk saved!

Now folks take pics with their phones! I still use a flipphone!!!!!! Grand daughter has to take a few pics!

You need to have link to resize pics for folks! ANY IT folks on forum! Reach out! Too many of us oldies but goodies that
need help! Pictures are the life blood of a forum!

Folks get frustrated and give up!

Dave

I can't type but one finger! HA! or spell! SO what! It didn't keep me from posting 10 thousand pics here on the forum!

You have some amazing dagger guys! Army,Luft,HJ, Baz if he wants has the stuff! Good god! I just can't find much of that kinda stuff
anymore! And can't afford much of it at shows! I willl be 68 so don't want to tie up that kinda money like the old days!

I buy something and look at it and move to the nextthing! Grand kids want me to buy something!

Look Andy was one special guy buying to the end! He was the Military NUT for sure! He would call me and tell me!

But what do you do if someting happens! This stuff is worth a lot of money! Another great topic!

PVON

pvon #349400 05/23/2021 01:32 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Dave

You are the Sheriff!

I would be glad to help!

I would love to have a Collectors Corner section!

No expert or ego that needs feeding!

But I do like collectors and think I have lots to talk about and show!

I have much to show from disks of pics Itook and collectors houses,show stuff I owned! And many old collectors
that still have stuff piled up for 60yrs!

They share with me! I have friends with huge gun collections that would share with me!

Collectors corner could cover a wide area and not tie down to just one thing!

I would ask for Ryan olDoc Holidayto join me in the fun! Tanker is someone for who the forum should use!

Vet section! I was not a vet but had plenty of family that goes back to the early days of US being formed! Cival War,Just learned this stuff!

WW1,my dad and uncles ww2! Bless them! And on and on!

It was a idea and I could pitch in! But maybe Tanker or others also! Or members that served!

Want to thank Gaspare and Mike! Mike it works on other forums! Not like it once was but sure is gooing strong!

People are a funny group now but thats America!

Wish you had seen GD in its prime! It was something! Collectors wit their GD pins! The stories and hotel
partys!!!!!!

Did I ever tell the story of me and my van with JR,Baz,EdSunday,Kris Limboom, and god knows how many
stuff inside in pitc black! Those were the days!

PVON

pvon #349401 05/23/2021 01:43 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
As I ramble on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idea's just pop up! Ever see Dave a sleep at TW table!!!!!!! The gun fighter was tired!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan is right on video's of TW talks on video! Links! You tube is filled!

Tom is like the Wizard behind the curtain of Wizzard of OZ!!!!!!!!!!!! Pushing buttons and smoke and noise! PT
Barnum at his best!

But he mad some great books,great video's during Covid times to keep us sane!

Look at his collection at his house on video! He knows what to buy for himself! You better belivee it! He is not someones
crazzy uncle!

But!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then theiris the toliet paper, and german christmas ornaments!!!!!!!!!!! With the pony tail guy!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!

Fix the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PVON

pvon #349402 05/23/2021 02:31 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
If we get the sports,cars and music section going! Which will turn the forum
alive and thats no jive!!!!!!!

Remember Good morning Vietnam movie with Robbin Williams?

He made it rock!

No more Pat Boone! Dave
Turn this forum on one section at a time!
Lets get past 5 members !

When I was Mod on Bob Rodgers forum and had a eary web site made by Bob Lusk
you could go behind the scene at be a mad scientist!

You could change titles add things!

Lets see what you can do !

PVON

pvon #349404 05/23/2021 02:52 PM
Online Content
Photo resize link is in the "Computer Help" forum pinned at the top. The forum does support video links. They may not appear right away as I check them before they can be viewed. I have no problem with increasing photo size, but 72 dpi is pretty much the standard for computer display. A 1200 to 1600 width fills the screen at 72dpi. Look at the photos in the Reference Gallery. All of those photos are less than our photo limits. I resized and loaded photos for Andy and will do the same for anyone else who needs help. So what size do you think would be appropriate?

[Linked Image from germandaggers.com]
Visit us at www.GermanDaggers.com
Contact me at Vern@GermanDaggers.com
pvon #349407 05/23/2021 03:07 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Vern

Appreciate your response!

But just saying on many forums US and others you just post a pic in a second and bang its there!

No jumping thu hoops!

WAF you just drop the pic and go! No muss no fuss! I like easy peasy!

pvon #349408 05/23/2021 03:14 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
My problem is new pics come small to me and I need to make bigger!

us outscab.jpg (13.24 KB, 78 downloads)
sword6.jpg (36.17 KB, 78 downloads)
pvon #349409 05/23/2021 03:17 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I have top pic on a forum thats very big! This one is small I need to make some bigger!

My old pics on disk on can show are big! I could make bigger!

Now I struggle for pics sent to me from granddaughters phone! size all over the board!

pvon #349410 05/23/2021 03:20 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
big pic

pvon #349411 05/23/2021 03:30 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
changed over to this computer to grab this large photo

Its 778 kb to big here! Like I said too big or too small! !

Its just the new pics of stuff I got! Old pics on disk are I bet ok have to check!

I dont have adobe any more but maybe can use paint!\

Just more steps!!!!!!!!!!!

I got spoiled by easy post!

PVON

pvon #349413 05/23/2021 05:10 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Alright lets see if these pics show before I post in sale section 1855 short sword

backadjh.jpg (153.1 KB, 88 downloads)
leather3.jpg (137.06 KB, 88 downloads)
kill21.jpg (138.08 KB, 88 downloads)
pvon #349414 05/23/2021 05:15 PM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
c

Ok I got some to post! I am going

to list this 1855 short sword with kill notches!

Thanks for looking Vern

We have work at it

PVON

shorterty.jpg (150.51 KB, 87 downloads)
pvon #349430 05/23/2021 08:48 PM
T
Online Content
T
Test my pic

test1.jpg (63.48 KB, 77 downloads)
pvon #349433 05/23/2021 10:27 PM
Online Content
Great photo, Ron.

pvon #349435 05/23/2021 10:32 PM
S
S
Great photo and very nice dagger now were getting it. those pics are great clear and large enough to show great detail cheers, Ryan

pvon #349436 05/23/2021 10:43 PM
S
S
Great photo and very nice dagger now were getting it. those pics are great clear and large enough to show great detail cheers, Ryan

pvon #349437 05/23/2021 10:49 PM
T
Online Content
T
One more for test

w4.jpg (59.9 KB, 71 downloads)
Last edited by Tanker; 05/23/2021 11:02 PM.
pvon #349439 05/24/2021 12:28 AM
P
pvon Offline OP
OP Offline
P
You killed it Ron!

PVON

pvon #349441 05/24/2021 01:46 AM
Online Content
Very nice wink

[Linked Image from germandaggers.com]
Visit us at www.GermanDaggers.com
Contact me at Vern@GermanDaggers.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  sellick8302@rogers.com 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,455 SS Bayonets
1,760,270 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,728 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Honestmike, Mbuin, Baz69, Evgeniy, AndyRose, The_Collector, AntonGrabbe, Don Scowen), 463 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod