Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#348463 01/04/2021 11:48 PM
svenga Offline OP
OP Offline
Just abit of fun folks...

Honor rings excluded!!

Share with us your examples of special rings, by infamous/priceless I mean rings which have had connections with notable, or exceedingly credited individuals. With historical provenance or just 'the story' you were told. Wether it be an officer, political individual, or even as frowned upon as a commandant.

Nazi treasure documentarys have got me curious, I am sure many examples of high ranking persons rings are yet to be found, and many more will be on collections.

Unfortunately I do not have anything to share, the background information to the rings in my collection are only wehrmacht, waffen ss troops etc, nothing that stands out (that is known).

Fire away!

G
Online Content
G
-
- you mean something like this ? crazy

G
Online Content
G
Well, there is the Organization Todt Ring..... Came in a special award box... Unfortunately the ring has never been seen! There was a old newspaper that had a out of focus photo of it but turned out was not the ring.. What did survive is,,, a mangled box,,,and a line design drawing of the ring.. Thats it!

TODTbox.jpg (30.88 KB, 95 downloads)
image_4762362.png (129.63 KB, 95 downloads)
G
Online Content
G
and the Adolf Hitler ring.. Over 30 years now I've known about the ring. Around 2000 the owner had contacted me and want to 'hire' me to prove the ring 100% authentic.. He in Ohio and me in NY I wouldn't accept any money but if he paid my gas and tolls / room, board I would make the trip and begin the search..

At the time there was only a few photos taken of the ring.. And,, at first he didn't even want me to see/inspect it!!.. After a nice conversation , things settled I went and stayed a few days with him.. He was a golden age collector of many famous items,,Goring brooch, Coburg window, AH watercolors,AHs Mother portrait, special framed photo of AHs dog Blondi and much more....

He let me photograph the ring in detail,,gave me the facts and story about the ring... So after a year or so and some expense [which I was reimbursed] I was able to prove 100% the ring was made, awarded to AH and that in fact was the actual ring.. The owner and I became friends over the time for years. Sadly he died a few years ago and the ring was auctioned off and is in a private collectors antique collection!

A wonder experience and to in hand inspect the ring [and its holder!].. It appeared early on in Penthouse magazine, and in one of Tom Johnsons early series 'War Booty' book..

BilyAd2.jpg (61.67 KB, 94 downloads)
G
Online Content
G
, and,, the 'Gutenberg ring'...

I was going to include it in my research project but decided against it.. It just did not have the 'pizzazz'!, the look the grabbed you..

- I think there is a ring out there,,this is from the period article on it................

Gutenberg-Ring_0001-Kopie.jpg (43.56 KB, 93 downloads)
G
Online Content
G
and,, something like this,,,,,

I've never seen one,, don't know of anyone that has,, nor seen an actual photo of it..

- A ring/jewelry box! smile A beauty of a thing I'm sure none of us wouldn't mind owning and putting our favorite ring in it!!

BOX.jpg.jpg (47.87 KB, 92 downloads)
I remember seeing this in penthouse magazine, I like the magazine for the articles 😀

Thankyou for clearing that up , wasn’t sure if it was actually AH ring ,

Originally Posted by Gaspare
and the Adolf Hitler ring.. Over 30 years now I've known about the ring. Around 2000 the owner had contacted me and want to 'hire' me to prove the ring 100% authentic.. He in Ohio and me in NY I wouldn't accept any money but if he paid my gas and tolls / room, board I would make the trip and begin the search..

At the time there was only a few photos taken of the ring.. And,, at first he didn't even want me to see/inspect it!!.. After a nice conversation , things settled I went and stayed a few days with him.. He was a golden age collector of many famous items,,Goring brooch, Coburg window, AH watercolors,AHs Mother portrait, special framed photo of AHs dog Blondi and much more....

He let me photograph the ring in detail,,gave me the facts and story about the ring... So after a year or so and some expense [which I was reimbursed] I was able to prove 100% the ring was made, awarded to AH and that in fact was the actual ring.. The owner and I became friends over the time for years. Sadly he died a few years ago and the ring was auctioned off and is in a private collectors antique collection!

A wonder experience and to in hand inspect the ring [and its holder!].. It appeared early on in Penthouse magazine, and in one of Tom Johnsons early series 'War Booty' book..

G
Online Content
G
That was a old Penthouse! [I have it around somewhere].,,,and the Tom Johnson books were from his first series of 'War Booty' and it was one of the early parts [have that somewhere too].

I got lucky[?] getting the provanance,, proof, etc.
- I was told the jeweler that made the ring had a catalog of his high end work and only 100 were printed. So I had to find that!
- Also traced from that current owner back 3 the last being AH! - [couldn't interview him though]
-Then by pure luck [or maybe all the praying] while I was doing research on PP rings in one of the more obscure trade guild booklets sure enough I found it in there!!!

He reimbursed me for the period books, documents I bought, paid searches, travel, etc. When I wouldn't accept any kind of payment he gave me all the period research!
When the owner had passed away the auctioneer, family,friends etc all wanted the period research.. The owner had asked me not to relinquish the period research...
See in the catalog from the jeweler were one of a kind items,,and other pieces that were just line drawings etc. That IF it got out there would have been a mad rush to reproduce / produce /fake these wonders of 3rd reich pieces...
So how could they auction off the ring with just a write up from a nobody like myself! So I cut a deal with the auctioneer,, IF, if the ring sold I would send copies just pertaining to the ring and that would be it.. An agreement was made.... The new owner,,,he doesn't even collect military pieces!. He's a general antiques collector of every subject [furnitre, old signs, glassware etc.] He had told me he just liked how the ring looked. And, when he tried it on and fit him he had to get it.... HE got very lucky as the auctioneer at the time did not specialize in nazi items. He did very little promoting and the ring [and other pieces from the collection] went for a fraction of the price it should have got!,,,,Oh well..

Here's some of the original owners collection.. There was much much more............

DSCN9855.JPG (102.87 KB, 60 downloads)
DSCN9904.JPG (44.3 KB, 60 downloads)
NapGorSword.jpg (48.77 KB, 60 downloads)

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,001 SS Bayonets
1,762,214 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,191 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Latest New Posts
Frog question.
by Dave - 04/19/2024 09:49 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/19/2024 09:03 PM
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,039
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
4 members (Vern, Documentalist, Gaspare, sellick8302@rogers.com), 892 guests, and 90 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod