Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
G
G
Yours I take it Evgeniy is a lost wax or investment cast.. Done properly the method will make a great reproduction ... These really do look nice!! Make sure your contact info is updated in your profile for orders!

Members. We are very lucky to have 2 resident members here who make 2 very different HR for you to buy! Both have their merits and both look different enough that you can get what you want.. So look no further,,you can have a choice,,Hapurs or Evgeniys.. Their contact info should be in their profiles..

Evgeniy,, Do you make these at a home workshop? Or do you have a big production type shop etc? Is the ring a copy of one of yours? and last,,can a member order a ring blank and have what they want engraved in the band?

zzzzzz34aade8c4f7d.jpg (245.14 KB, 415 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 03/23/2018 03:14 AM.
Hi Gaspare, my friend !!!
Thx you for your good opinion and words to my works.
My production is located in different places, it is not at home, the casting of blanks is made in one place, assembly under the size, polishing, etching in another place.
Yes of course I have an blank rings and you can buy them too, their price is the same as for the standard ring (S.lb Geil 20.4.37 H. Himmler) -100$ any size, sterling (925) silver

E
E
Hello friends!

I think the both rings have advantages, Hapurs rings have really sharp details and the tenchbique he uses cuases deep and good details, this is why I mentioned the technique.
On the other hand Evgeniy's rings are casted out of a real ring, so the shape is much similar to real ones, how ever it looks exactly like a rubbed off one, with faded details. Thus I have to buy one from each of them. No way! wink

E
E
Dear Evgeniy
Only one question, Is the skull welded to the ring or they are casted as one piece?
Thank you!

W
W
I got a picture of both Hapurs 1940s hr ring and Evgeniys 1930s hr rings side by side.
harpurs on the left
evgeniys on the right.
harpurs is a taller band with a deeper die stamp cut. but evgeniys skull
Is perfect. not sure which band is the proper height. maybe someone can let me know the dimensions and I can measure both.
you choose which one you like.

20180329_033200-1209x907.jpg (83.17 KB, 359 downloads)
W
W
one more photo comparison of swastika rune.

20180329_034243-1209x907.jpg (88.79 KB, 366 downloads)
Its not sicret : height of band in original sshr was 7mm
The relief of my copy is not very deep, because the original ring also does not have a deep relief, a very deep relief near the rings became in the 1940s.
As I understand it, the design of the ring was reworked, due to the rapid wear of the relief in the rings, the early version.
But my task was to repeat the original ring as much as possible, and not to invent and make changes, I concentrated on the maximum authenticity with the original and I think that I did a great job

P.S height of band in my repro, too - 7mm, you can check it wink

W
W
I like your ring evgeniy. that's why I bought it wink
I hope you make a 1940s hr someday as well laugh
I was just wondering if the 1940s version was a taller band? or is harpurs
inaccurate for the band height.
cheers Todd

Last edited by waffenman; 03/29/2018 02:07 PM.
E
E
Dear Waffen man, Hapur has a post in page 3 of this thread that he says he has made his rings less wider, I mean shorter in height.

http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/~germand2/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/176222/filename/DSC_0177.JPG

I understand now, the early 1930s hr was a thinner ring that wore out faster and due to that the 1940s version was made a little thicker for less damage. These are great rings!

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.
E
E
Agree, both are great.
Thank you waffenman for sharing the nice comparison.

new photoshot works

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Evgeniy; 04/27/2018 02:36 PM.
V
V
Originally Posted by waffenman
I got a picture of both Hapurs 1940s hr ring and Evgeniys 1930s hr rings side by side.
harpurs on the left
evgeniys on the right.
harpurs is a taller band with a deeper die stamp cut. but evgeniys skull
Is perfect. not sure which band is the proper height. maybe someone can let me know the dimensions and I can measure both.
you choose which one you like.

But your Harpur Ring is the one with big band and big head? He has one with the correct measures on ring band and skull

Hice todo ubique
tower of power
IMO cool shots )))

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

G
G
E.,,,,IMO I agree!...A real Tower of power!!

These are your new HRs,,,they are beauties..

Very nice and I know it was a lot of hard work for you.. But it paid off because they look very very good! Congrats!

Anyone interested in these beauties please contact Evgeniy directly! We have 2 of the best reproduction HRs out there on the market!

Last edited by Gaspare; 09/01/2018 07:44 PM.
Thx you Gaspare ! :-)
I hope, you like as a very good connoisseur of rings, appreciate the authenticity of the work
thank you !!!

V
V
Fantastic reproduction with perfect skull head... good job Evgeniy

Hice todo ubique
Attached here is a very good image of Himmler, please note the rings he is wearing, I see three on his left hand. I do not see an Honor ring. Any thoughts on this?

04d5754978312afe46f971a706273ed1.jpg (80.32 KB, 227 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/12/2018 02:12 AM.

Natural Born American Citizen
American Patriot
U.S. Army Vet. 1969-'71 Spc.5 Field Artillery Crewman
Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!
G
G
Himmler was a ring man through and through! Some photos show rings on both hands and multiples as shown here...
There are photos of him wearing his HR. I think he liked 'changing them up'! I don't wear the same ring all the time [except wedding band]..
He probably had plenty of rings [I also remember a photo with a Skull and Snakes ring] .. I think he just liked to wear different rings depending on ? ,,,but he definitely had a HR and did wear it sometimes.. Why not all the time [?] Something we'll never know............cool photo , thanks for posting it........

M
M
hi members
i would like to add some information that was stored in my old coot brain about Himmler and him wearing different rings on his both hands but i never seen him wearing his honor ring i would guess that his ring is still in germany with his only child gertrude or ingred sorry forgot her name she has to be in her 90s now who knows his honor ring might show up and yes gaspare i remember seeing one of himmlers rings with snakes on it as far as what the Reichsfuhrer collected was mid evil armour and he liked rocks n gems did see a picture of the Reichsfuhrer at a rock n gem show many years ago i think it was pictured in a book about him hope this info helps you guys stay well see you all at the mighty max show god bless andy militarynut

Hi Andy,

Here (attached) is an enlargement of the image above, of Himmler wearing his SS Honor Ring. After enlargment the H.R. can clearly be seen worn by him. There is also a fantastic color image of Himmler wearing this ring taken of him at the Berghof, probably around 1943, have you ever seen that image Andy? If not I will post it here.

I notice something very strange about this image(?) he is wearing the H.R. ring with the skull "facing him" and not out toward the viewer, as required by his own SS protocol for the proper wearing of the ring.

I find this very strange?

HH SS Ring.jpg (48.38 KB, 227 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/12/2018 01:37 PM. Reason: Grammer and spelling corrections.

American Patriot
Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!
M
M
hi johnnyrocket
first i would like to thank you for your service and wellcome home thanks for photo of the Rreichsfuhrer Himmler wearing his honor ring with the skull faceing him also another picture shows Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard heydrich with his honor ring skull faceing towards him in my humble opinion i believe Heidrich did this in defience to say hey Himmler your not the only one who can wear his honor ring with the skull faceing me just like when Heidrich was rideing in an open mercedes benz convertible when the Fuhrer heard about this he told Heydrich not to do this some one will take a shot at you Heydrich replyed meine Fuhrer there isnt a czech that has the balls to shoot at me little did he know the english taught czech soldiers were planning to assinate him and they did and the history goes on speaking of history i will have at this years max show some intresting ss documents and ss womans s/d cufftitle first one i ever seen also with it i have the signed hospital document signed by obergruppenfuhrer karltenbrunner along with her medal for being wounded this s/d woman was in an air raid attack very intresting german ww2 history top shelf ss items stop and see me at my table you wont be sorry thanks again god bless all andy militarynut

G
G
Johnny,,,thanks for the close-up! See, there you go he's wearing his HR... I guess its his prerogative to wear it however he wants! He does some weird stuff,,I mean how many people you know or seen wearing 2 rings on one finger,,,and still more rings on the other fingers!! Yeah he's a ring guy for sure....

Andy,, I hope you bring your ring trays!.. Members those who are lucky enough to get to the MAX will see Andys 2 ring trays.. One is for the Allies,,,and the other for the Axis and collaborators... IF you still have it there's a ring I've been meaning to get from you . So please Uncle Andy ,,please bring your ring trays! grin wink

Andy will have his other 'treasures' as he calls them,,and they are! Some really nice items.. These are actually items from his personal collection.. See Andy doesn't buy because he needs stock.. He buys because he really likes the piece. Likes so much he doesn't really care if you buy it or not. don't buy,,he still has something he loves to own in his collection... Thats a nice way to go on as a dealer in this hobby..

So visit and see Andys nice pieces. All attending have a good show and drive safe,,no drinking and driving! and,,what out for those that DO!

OH yeah,,IF you have a cool photo of H.H. wearing his rings,,,come and add it here to this post!,,,thanks , G.

Last edited by Gaspare; 09/13/2018 01:20 AM.
its shot not with Himmler

M
M
hi evgeniy
thanks for your opinion i dont think any one can prove this is himmlers hands can you show us the full picture hopefully we can put these hands with the face the three rings he is wearing it appears himmlers gloves under hand which he all ways wore but still not enough dna or clues that this is himmlers hands ok evgeniy prove to us that johnnyrocket made a misstake this would help hope we wont have to call on sherlock holmes again thanks god bless andy militarynut

Hi All, now that I look at this again the rings in the large image of Himmler do not quite match the rings in the enlargement something seem off to me. I got this from a file that suppose to be Himmler's rings. At first glance the image seemed to match the larger image. 2nd thoughts...yes it don't look quite right. I'll be doing some more research on this too.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 01:15 PM.

American Patriot
I found the image that I think the close-up came from.

This is definitely not Himmler (good look-alike) though. Other images does show Himmler with similar groupings of rings on both hands, but none are good enough resolution to get a good close up of what they really are.

3.0.jpg (40.45 KB, 178 downloads)
HH rings.jpg (34.39 KB, 169 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 02:47 PM.

American Patriot
In doing the quick research this morning on this ring grouping ? I came across a good image of SS Obergruppenfuhrer Philipp Bouhler who's official title was: Chief of the Chancellery of the Fuhrer of the NSDAP.

A high-resolution formal image of Philipp Bouhler is fitting enough for an SS Obergruppenfuhrer I guess.

Philipp Bouhler.jpg (41.42 KB, 164 downloads)
Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 02:42 PM. Reason: spelling corrections.

American Patriot
M
M
hi johnnyrocket
yes philip bouhler is another photo with his honor ring shown listen take your time researching these photos rohm wasnt built in a day thanks very much im sure you will find the right photo mitt himmler wearing his rings have a great day andy militarynut

Borman wearing SS Honor Ring.

Borman SS Honor Ring.jpg (37.94 KB, 173 downloads)

American Patriot
Thanks Andy, been retired for years, so I have lots of time to play.

I actually have more fun researching things than purchasing them. I started collecting back in the 60's...very different times than they are today. Like a lot of people I got interested in collecting from my dad who brought lots of goodies home from WWII, As a kid I was totally fascinated with all the various designs of military items, especially German.

The German's had a medal, patch, flag, dagger and or award for just about anything one could imagine.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 03:12 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
hi johnny
so you have been retarted like me opps there i go again slipping sorry i was retarded in 1989 lucky me so far im beating them they are paying me oh yes those 1960s days when you could buy german lugers two matching clips holster for between 35.00 to 40.00 daggers for 60.00 but lets go back in 1962 i brought home 57.00 week gasoline was on sale less i believe then a dollar well we cant roll back the clocks militaria was all over the place now the cubbards are getting bare on good militaria we are paying dearly just to get it but im very happy for this great past time and mostly the great people in this hobby there is a few crabs like me but hey thats life i all ways said this if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen ps let me know when you find himmler wearing his honor ring have a great day god bless andy militarynut

Will do Andy...I'm with you, thinking all the images I've seen of Himmler wearing rings I assumed that they were at least one Honor Ring in the bunch. But on second thought all the images I've recently looked at are not clear enough to actually see the rings shown to make a definite conclusion that it is actually an Honor Ring.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 09/13/2018 06:42 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
hi johnnyrocket yes all the books and images i have do you think i can rember which where it is the one thing is defenitly heydrich has the picture showing his honor ring with the skull faceing him and phillip bohler not to sure if his skull is faceing him but this i know heydrich would defi the higer ups and he got away with it then he was assinated ok guys later back to the drawing board hve a greeat night god bless andy militarynut

V
V
I thought that the skull should look at the owner as a remainder that the SS man should be ready at any moment to risk his life for the benefit on the company. Herr Heydrich did not wear the ring in the correct form, and it face the viewer. I think that he do this for psychological reasons. To let the viewer see the skull and inspire terror.

Hice todo ubique
V
V
Originally Posted by johnnyrocket
Attached here is a very good image of Himmler, please note the rings he is wearing, I see three on his left hand. I do not see an Honor ring. Any thoughts on this?

May be one of the two rings he is wearing on ring finger is the HR and the head has turned itself into the palm. I wear all the time a repo HR and sometimes it happens. As we do not see the skull we can confused and believe it is a different ring. It would be estrange that he ordered members wear the ring at any time and he did not. As this is a public party it is extra?e that he decided not to wear it.

Hice todo ubique
M
M
hi vonropen
thank you for your opinion i believe you are right about heydrich ring please excuse me on that fact as i havnt seen this photo in years i stand corrected then maybe he had his honor ring on the outher hand it is a photo showing this fact taken in his office do you have that photo maybe you can show it thanks god bless andy militarynut

M
M
hi vonropen
thank you for your opinion i believe you are right about heydrich ring please excuse me on that fact as i havnt seen this photo in years i stand corrected then maybe he had his honor ring on the outher hand it is a photo showing this fact taken in his office do you have that photo maybe you can show it thanks god bless andy militarynut

V
V
Hi, I have not the picture and Tryed to find. In these portrait pictures are not easy nor imposible to see Heydrich with the incorrect faced skull as they are propagandist photos. I do not believe, that Heydrich, a person that pay many attention on details will pass it and show a deliberate contradiction to the normative. If you see other pictures, most of the he has gloves or hands are hidden. I remember see a picture of him and Lina in casual dress wearing the ring in incorrect form. But I did not find it. It is not a secret that he liked to wear the ring with the skull facing the onlooker.

Hice todo ubique
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,494 SS Bayonets
1,760,281 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,763 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by Herman V. (aka Herr Mann) - 03/28/2024 04:43 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,703
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
14 members (polop, Browning1900, Documentalist, OWN, Tanker, BAM, Stephen, Herman V. (aka Herr Mann), Julianek, ANTIK-1933, The_Collector, Jonesy, Jamesol2, Seppi), 564 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod