Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#339630 08/24/2018 08:45 PM
A
OP Offline
A
What I'm about to present here occurred several years ago and I had forgotten about it up until now when I ran across these pictures. I'll let all of you be the judge as to believability of what I'm presenting here. This documentation was in the possession of an antique shop owner in New England and he let me photograph what he had. He promised to obtain the actual ring for me but never followed though. I would have loved to had made a hands on inspection of it particularly the engraving inside!
Jim

2004_0210usgeneral0010.JPG (30.47 KB, 125 downloads)
2004_0210usgeneral0011.JPG (30.08 KB, 126 downloads)
2004_0210usgeneral0012.JPG (61.36 KB, 127 downloads)
2004_0210usgeneral0015.JPG (54.22 KB, 127 downloads)
Last edited by jim m; 08/24/2018 08:51 PM.
G
G
Jimbo!! Wow. Usually, a story is a story is a story! BUT, this is some story! i'd say most / all , of it is true and seems if someone wanted to check up,,it could be verified,,,and probably verified true!

Well ONE thing,,,, Wish we had better photos!!!!!!!!!! At the quick ,first time glance I would say that looks like a copy.. For me the skull looks like its too proud of the band [ sticking out way on top of the band high ].. But then you got to realize the ring has had some work done to it. We don't know how good the jeweler was, we do know that like us he probably didn't know the exact materials or method and did the best he could...

so Jim just so I'm understanding this right.. This was supposed to be Himmlers actual ring? or I'm mis understanding and its the other guys HR?....

G
G
you know I read and reread this 10 times... OK, it was supposed to be HHs HR.! At the time he was dressed as a Police sergeant if I remember right and hiding among the 'regular' soldiers.. Himmlers story of his last week has been the discussion of many many people. Some say it wasn't really even him whistle

It was him and he got a bit too nervous and used his cyanide capsule,,was it an accident?? or did he mean to end his life.. My opinion of HH is besides being a POS he was a coward to the max. I don't think he meant to kill himself. He thought himself way too important etc.. They saw / knew he had the 'loaded' tooth and that in the struggle for him to keep it and the dentists [us ] trying to get it out I think he accidentally bit, set it off, thus killing himself.

Now the HR.. Do you guys think it is real from the photos?? Would HH being a scared POS hiding with the regulars actually keep his HR on him?? - I think no.. They were all searched pretty good. I'm sure he wasn't wearing it. As a POW you didn't have much if any personal belongings... So,,where did he have it? Up his ass? A common spot convicts use,,,but Himmler?

* So study these photos really good guys. IF you own a HR put it in the same positions and see if your skull stands real proud at certain angles? Do you guys think the ring in these photos was an authentic one??

Last edited by Gaspare; 08/25/2018 01:59 AM.
Himmler must of had a few of these rings? Very interesting story.

https://article.wn.com/view/2005/12/10/Himmlers_ring_part_of_Nazi_memorabilia_stolen_from_museum/

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 08/25/2018 02:12 AM.

Natural Born American Citizen
American Patriot
U.S. Army Vet. 1969-'71 Spc.5 Field Artillery Crewman
Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!
Online Content
Gaspare,

I've those accounts too. We'll never know, but my take is that he knew exactly what he had done and that he was going to come to a "sticky end" as the books used to say. He bit on the capsule deliberately.

As for the ring, the skull stands out, but maybe they made it up specially for him ?? Like with "extra skull".

Wonder what it said inside besides the date. "H. Himmler" then signed "Himmler" ?

Dave #339635 08/25/2018 03:35 AM
The ONLY things we'll KNOW for sure are that:

1 HH had a ring.

2 He's dead.

3 No one knows where it is but common sense says he'd have disposed of it permanently.

A
OP Offline
A
I showed the pictures of the ring to Don Boyle many years ago and he said it was a legit. ring(and he could tell even from these pictures). He was non-committal on the rest of the information. At this time who knows? I wish I had pushed the antiques dealer harder (over 20 years ago) even if all I could do was take better pictures. As far as the story goes; IMO it would be hard to come up with something this credible and, understanding the type of people involved, what would have been the point? There were a lot of strange and bizarre happening at the end of the War and this could have been one of them.
BTW: IMO: The obscure letters referred to in the documentation were likely Slb which preceded the recipients name.
I wanted to share this with the rest of you and NO I don't have a firm opinion here.
Jim

M
M
I can not make any judgment on the ring from the pictures as I see them..it could be? But I do not think generally speaking that a story does much in ascertaining whether or not the ring is authentic or to whom it belonged. As many have told me here buy the piece not the story.... my 1940 HR is also denamed and in a similar way. It says Slb and the date and H.Himmler. Only the name was removed,
I believe this was done like the lazy mans ground rohms, just the name. Dave brings up a good point about the signature line. I doubt Himmler would have signed his own ring ?To dear Himmler, 30.4.34, H.Himmler? so in my opinion, IF real, - a denamed (probably not himmlers) 34 HR.... but as I said- really cannot tell from the photos. Great story tho Jim- thank you for sharing it!!!

M
M
hi jim
been looing hard at this photos and the story yes it must have been tempting to buy or atleast look at this ring i would like to give my opinions on what this ring looks like the photos jim just isnt clear enough to really make a good judgement call but what i see here as far as the ring is concerned i doubt it to be a 1930s ring as the skull appears to big but that just could be the picture i all so believe that Reichsfuhrer Himmlers ring is in his daughters hands in germany and i believe its a 1933 ring with roman numerals 24.12.33 this ring appears to be a 1940s ring now the story the way it was written is very close to reality might be true who knows but when Reichsfuhrer fled his castle as capt black was advancing on his castle he gave orders to hans macher and i believ karltenbrunner to torch the castle then i believe the Reichsfuhrer met up with hans macher and fled changed thier clothes Reichsfuhrer was captured by the britts and while interigation Reichsfuhrer decided to bite in to his cynide pill and was pictured by the britts Reichsfuhrers jacket was taken by a english agent home to england and then later sold to don boyle i personily held Himmlers jacket in my hands i was wishing it was his ss tunic but still happy to hold a piece ofss history but any way its all intresting to us here as we are the keepers of this war time history if any one is intrested i will be at the max show with a few really nice ss items from an old collection just surfaced just in time for the show hope every body has a great day god bless andy militarynut

A
OP Offline
A
Hi Andy:
Thanks for your response. As I said earlier; the only person I ever showed these photos to was Don Boyle and he stated without going into any detail that it was a legit. ring. He was also non committal regarding the documentation. Again; and in retrospect, I regret that I didn't pursue this ring more actively but it was pre Internet days for me and I was living in the Mid West at the time and the antique shop was in New England. I guess it will remain one of those unsolvable mysteries. I don't doubt that Himmler's daughter has at least one of his rings. However; I suspect given his status he had multiple copies.
Jim

M
M
hi jim
we might live long enough to know where Reichsfuhers outher rings are and what happned to his rock /jem collection once found then the pearson finding has to proove it just like the sepp dietrich ss honor ring sadly no body has enough proof that it is sepp dietrichs ss honor ring because in 1933 two named dietrich is on the dientlist in 1933 one was dr. dietrich so now we have a problem no cigars here okie dokie intresting posts thanks stay well meine friend if you come to this years max coffee is on me have a great day god bless andy militarynut

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,455 SS Bayonets
1,760,270 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,727 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Baz69, Evgeniy, AndyRose, The_Collector, AntonGrabbe, Don Scowen, Documentalist), 489 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod