Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#333025 11/09/2017 09:42 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Has anyone seen this pattern?

IMG_5825.JPG (62.56 KB, 268 downloads)
its trench art...who knows if its real. but SS Trench art rings are heavily faked..So I would say no...ive seen this on the other forum for sale.

cheers Todd

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.
I dont belive in trench art
I think it fake

G
G
really hard to put a value on pieces like this.. Is it period? I don't know,,
,who knows?,,no one unless there is some kind of provenance,,a period photo in wear would do!, a description of in in a German vets letter etc. would / could be the only other.
Possible? maybe..

IF you really have to have it try and not spend big on it!

M
M
Agreed
Trench art plus runes usually equals
Trouble

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
Agreed
Trouble

That was my guess as well. Just going from a pure numbers guess. 90 percent of SS stuff is fake, I assume the percentage could be even higher for rings. That's why I like daggers, they don't lie and the fakes can't be ever come close to the originals. I've always liked rings, but I'm too scared to buy at shows usually because I've picked up a couple I thought for sure were ok and supposedly they were not. I would love a nice ring eventually, but I will probably wait until one with solid providence comes along and just have to pay a little more for it..

No ring that is worth for me a closer look.
I am more a fan of the known and "mass" produced patterns. grin

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
M
M
Originally Posted By: BigMike09
Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
Agreed
Trouble

That was my guess as well. Just going from a pure numbers guess. 90 percent of SS stuff is fake, I assume the percentage could be even higher for rings. That's why I like daggers, they don't lie and the fakes can't be ever come close to the originals. I've always liked rings, but I'm too scared to buy at shows usually because I've picked up a couple I thought for sure were ok and supposedly they were not. I would love a nice ring eventually, but I will probably wait until one with solid providence comes along and just have to pay a little more for it..

Unfortunately this is a reality anymore
You are completely correct also unfortunately we all have been burned by some fakes we thought were good
It is an ugly tuition to pay for an education but I think that is just how it goes
I do not know much about daggers but I would hesitate to suggest that some do not lie
I have read about daggers to death on this forum and I would bet many of these guys would not only disagree with that but also gladly show you the one that lied to them and ate up a big chunk of their hard earned cash
Sad but true fakes are the death of the hobby no doubt

daggers are much, much easier to spot as fakes. fakers have come close, but still i can spot a fake dagger in no time. they will always screw up the maker marking or the eagle and swastika inlet. the detail of originals have a certain feel. even the way the sound of an original SA or SS dagger closing on to the scabbard makes a nice snap sound! fakes don't compare!..I have some amazing fakes from the 1970s, but still its not an issue like rings.

cheers
Todd

Last edited by goodtimes; 11/10/2017 08:53 PM.

By the skillful and sustained use of propaganda, one can make a people see even heaven as hell or an extremely wretched life as paradise.
B
B
I am the seller of this SS ring.Providence I do not have. All I can say is that I did a hotel buy in Toledo, Ohio two weeks ago, which is where I bought this ring, from the veterans family. I realize everyone is afraid of fakes, they fake everything now, daggers, medals, hats, rings, nothing is sacred.
I have been selling on GDC for years, I have sold to a lot of you people in the audience, and everything is 100% original.So to make a long story short, I will guarantee this SS ring.
Thanks
Bob

robert grant
G
G

Bob, you've been here a long time on the site. sell many a great item.. IF you say you bought it with a group at a hotel buy or something then I believe you,,,at least we know you didn't make it! wink

M
M
Im not a fan of trench ss rings but a fan of bgrelics so no worries bob
I believe you man
Always a good guy in my book

B
OP Offline
B
Did the family have proof they were the family? Any name of the soldier?

B
B
Mike,
No they had no proof,but I have no doubt about them being the actual family. I did not ask for the name of the vet. Only time I do ask for the vets name , is if it is some thing rare, KC,rare dagger, etc., then I will ask for the name.
thanks
Bob

robert grant
B
OP Offline
B
Was there any design on the side of the ring?

Guys....
this is not the way we talk here.
Here should be a friendly forum to talk about our collecting stuff and no platform to fight each other.

I think best is to close this thread some days until you guys have cooled down.

Last edited by odal; 11/14/2017 09:40 AM.

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
G
G
Odal,,thank you. It does get heated here sometimes. We are all very passionate about this particular hobby..

I just want to say,,this forum is open to everyone. Grumpy old men, youngins, male,female, and from any of the 4 corners of the world.

Some like to criticize this forum. Yes there are some strict rules here. I've been here over 15 years from the old forum 'The Don Boyle Honor Ring forum'. Say what you want,,but there isn't another jewelry forum that has saved collectors more of their money than this one right here. We've kept more bad rings out of circulation than anywhere! And, I feel we've showed and taught more about authentic pieces than any other forum. Yes we get grumpy here sometimes and get silly too. Lets stop shooting each other and see some good ********!

So, this SS ring has in my opinion a great chance of being period. Not over done, nice aging to it, from a good source. yes occasionally one has to be good! grin wink

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,448 SS Bayonets
1,760,267 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,722 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (The_Collector, AntonGrabbe, Don Scowen, Documentalist, Stephen, OWN), 487 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod