Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#327512 03/23/2017 09:55 PM
OP Offline
Hi there,
let me introduce my book on SS-Totenkopfring. The first part is about the history etc. Based on Boyle´s, Gottlieb´s and Scapini´s book, but I added a lot of new documents, fotos etc.
My collection is 26 rings, which are shown in the second part of the book (Sepp Dietrich, Karl Ullrich, Herbert Shulze, F.X. Schwarz and 22 other rings.
It´s mainly for Czech collectors, because there is no book on SS-Totenkopfrings, but I´m sure you´ll like it too.
Book has 800 pages, full of fotos. Printed on quality paper 135g. Format B5 (25x18x5 cm), weight is 2,5 kilos.
See video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HtExFDGnDI

More infos and order here: www.totenkopfring.cz

Thanks for your attention and enjoy your collecting!

Online Content
Fantastic !!

Always good to see a new reference book.

You can post additional pictures and pricing here if you wish

OP Offline
Thanks, Dave.
Price is 110 Eur and I´m shipping worldwide.
More fotos and infos you can find here: www.totenkopfring.cz

Last edited by equirhodont; 03/23/2017 11:09 PM.
G
G
Welcome Martin!
Great to have an addition to Dons book. C.G.s HR book was not received well. It had many views/findings that most collectors did not agree with!

I haven't seen the Italian one yet. I have a feeling it is a good one too.
With rings,,the more the merrier I believe.. Good luck with it, hope it sells well..

OK guys!! You have been asking for another HR book!! HERE IT IS!, ENJOY!

Martin, please feel free to show some photos from the book for the guys to check out,,,thanks!

Good to hear it`s available. Sure i will have one the next time.

Antonios book. I have one too and i like it.

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
OP Offline
Dear Gaspare,
thanks for your kind words.
Here you are more photos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HtExFDGnDI

I know, the collectors don´t agree with Craig, but I´m on his side - TK rings were CAST. I have examined all my 26 rings and I´m sure about that. Call me heretic! laugh

equirhodont, your efforts to create a book about hr s has to be highly appreciated.
Your collection is truely astonishing! Perhaps you can show the one or the other of them in details also here (eg. the Dietrich ring?).
But, due to my personal experiences and imho your opinion about the production process of original, period hr s is.....omg.
Sorry, regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.
M
M
Originally Posted By: equirhodont
Dear Gaspare,

I know, the collectors don´t agree with Craig, but I´m on his side - TK rings were CAST. I have examined all my 26 rings and I´m sure about that. Call me heretic! laugh

What is your reasoning? Can you explain?

OP Offline
In the book you can find a lot of detail fotos, which show casting. But I don´t want to mean to open atmosphere. It is not important, what I think about the production. As I said on WAF, the reader can choose, which method he likes more... I do not convince anyone and respect opinion of th eother side...

Originally Posted By: Mark4321
Originally Posted By: equirhodont
Dear Gaspare,

What is your reasoning? Can you explain?

OP Offline
Byzanti asked me to share the story of "Stechovice treasure".
I have SS-Totenkopfring of the 2 main persons - SS-Standartenführer Dr. Robert Gies and SS-Oberführer Emil Klein.
Here you can read more about the treasure: http://www.helmutgaensel.com/aindex.htm
Enjoy wink

Both rings are in the book: www.totenkopfring.cz

Last edited by equirhodont; 03/25/2017 08:52 PM.
M
M
That's a crazy story! Man, talk about hidden treasures! Thanks for the post Martin smile

Online Content
Is it true , don Boyle , gaspare , odal , hapur and others disagree that HR rings were cast ?

What made you the author decide that these were Cast ?

Interested to know before purchasing

Looks like a quality product.

I love pics as much as the next guy but couldn't bring myself to purchase a book in a language I do not understand, if you ever do an English edition post back,

Doug
Originally Posted By: Skynyrd

I love pics as much as the next guy but couldn't bring myself to purchase a book in a language I do not understand, if you ever do an English edition post back,

I agree completely, the book looks very well done & is very interesting. Unfortunately though, it would be of little help to me in a language that I can't read. I would certainly get it if an English version comes out.

GDC Gold Badge #290
GDC Silver Badge #310
OP Offline
There will be NO ENGLISH version, boys frown

I have all three books - German, Italian, English - But I can read just English. But I don´t care, I love them all smile

Originally Posted By: Billy G.

I agree completely, the book looks very well done & is very interesting. Unfortunately though, it would be of little help to me in a language that I can't read. I would certainly get it if an English version comes out.

I have till now all books i know about this theme.
Patzwall, Boyle, Gottlieb and Scapini and i will buy this one too.
Because i am german speaking it was for me a little difficult to read the
2 english written ones. Much more difficult was for me the italian one.
I had to use a translator programm to got the sense of the words and i think
it was worth the time i invested in.
And so i will do it in this new book too.

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
M
M
A lot depends on the publisher too, in any case. It's true that later versions could be translated- but publishing is a business like any other- if it's another expense (800 pages is a lot) they might, but it would depend on the sales of the first printing. I wish Martin the best of luck with his book,
And guys - remember - I'm hoping we all buy ourselves 2 new ring books this year! (Gaspare's book is coming...!) what a library we will have!!!

OP Offline
Thanks, Mike,
I published that book by myself, there is no rich publisher behind me. I wanted to share my collection with other collectors. The print was very expensive - hundreds of photos, best quality coated paper and thousands bucks in the rings, of course laugh I understand your fear of Czech language, but don´t care, you´ll love that book. I´m sure! wink

Originally Posted By: Mike (aka Byzanti)
A lot depends on the publisher too, in any case. It's true that later versions could be translated- but publishing is a business like any other- if it's another expense (800 pages is a lot) they might, but it would depend on the sales of the first printing. I wish Martin the best of luck with his book,
And guys - remember - I'm hoping we all buy ourselves 2 new ring books this year! (Gaspare's book is coming...!) what a library we will have!!!

Last edited by equirhodont; 03/27/2017 01:43 PM.
I obviously don't know the intricacies involved, but tough to see the logic of cutting off perhaps half or more of your market by publishing a book that only a very small % of people on this planet can understand, then advertising on international English language forums - But I know, you don't care, I get that.

Last edited by Skynyrd; 03/27/2017 09:41 PM.

Doug
T
Online Content
T
Doug makes a great point. I wonder if it is just a language interpretation when he said he " doesn't care"? Ron

Not trying to knock the guy BTW - I wish him success in sales and it is his perfect option to do as he pleases.

Unless a lot more guys than I think will be happy just looking at pics, I think it is self evident that sales will be severely muted.

Probably the "I don't care" thing, we make more of it than it was meant to be, likely just a light hearted way of saying "All is fine"

Doug
OP Offline
"I don´t care" - I meant "it doesn't bother me" in which language the book is, if I´m collector of TK rings.

Btw, If there are new photos and documents not published before and If I can see together 26 new rings in the book, including Sepp Dietrich´s and Karl Ullrich´s ring, do I need to understand Czech? wink

In your personal messages you are asking me for pictures of the rings. Why, if you don´t understand Czech? laugh

I offered the book here, because I wanted to share information about publishing among the collectors. I don´t push on you to buy it.

Thanks for understanding.

Not trying to knock the guy BTW - I wish him success in sales and it is his perfect option to do as he pleases.

Unless a lot more guys than I think will be happy just looking at pics, I think it is self evident that sales will be severely muted.

Probably the "I don't care" thing, we make more of it than it was meant to be, likely just a light hearted way of saying "All is fine"

After getting Martins book now some days ago i have to say that
i am mightily impressed.
Although i don`t speak the czech language and can`t read it,
the lot of very high quality pics in this book speak for themselves.
Much high detailed pics of every existing variant of honor ring.
Lot pics of rings, details, rings in wearing, boxes, documents, and and and......Much to much to list all the content.
Very interesting for beginners a chapter about manufacturing methods and even our friend Hapurs rings are in this book.
For me a "must have" for a collector of this special rings.

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,455 SS Bayonets
1,760,270 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,728 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Honestmike, Mbuin, Baz69, Evgeniy, AndyRose, The_Collector, AntonGrabbe, Don Scowen), 463 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod