Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I thought we used to have something like this pinned at the top,,??ok,well lets do it now.

PLEASE..

Rings, cufflinks, tie clips, watch fobs, stickpins,,or anything jewelry related is welcome to be posted here. Just remember,,if you post something even to show off someone might have a comment about it. We love to see your favorite pieces so please post when ever you'd like.

IF you are posting to see if your piece is authentic.. You will get a variety of members offering you their opinion. We have members with 40 years of experience and members just starting and you can bet they'll all post if they fell they have something to contribute!

So as far as photos:
You want as large as possible. You want them in focus of course. Well lit,,no glare. This sounds simple but I can tell you jewelery is some of the hardest things to photograph well.

Nice shot of the front,,
one of each side,
a birds eye view [top].
Inner band and any hallarks..

Tell us what you can observe on the ring. Does it feel too heavy, too light? Did it come with a grouping etc..

The more photos and info the better the opinion your going to get..

S
S
Hi guys,

I am a collect LW pilot stuff, but also I like interesting ring, especially on the theme of the Luftwaffe.

Here is my selection - Luftwaffe "Crew" bomber.

Thanks,
Sergey

image.jpeg (106.24 KB, 749 downloads)
S
S
more shot

image.jpeg (127.79 KB, 749 downloads)
S
S
As a result of the recent discussion on this forum ROAG 'Badge' ring dropped out from the crew.
His place is now occupied by this ROAG 'Badge' ring.

image.jpeg (89.63 KB, 749 downloads)
S
S
More shot.

The rest of the crew, although badly battered, all alive and healthy smile

Thanks,
Sergey

image.jpeg (95.35 KB, 752 downloads)
S
S
Hi all,

this is my '....gegen Engelland' ring.
Who can explain why sometimes wrote ....gegen Engeland and sometimes ....gegen Engelland (with two letters L)?

Thanks,
Sergey

image.jpeg (124.27 KB, 737 downloads)
M
M
I've always wanted to know that too. Only one must be grammatically correct (odal?)

S
S
Since these are the words of a song, perhaps as written under the notes IMHO.

M
M
That is interesting-I didn't know that (wait I think I did see this in one of the neue soldaten liederbuch..) so it's written with L on the musical beat/syllable like "no -el" in the Christmas song?

S
S
As I recall, this is a military march.

S
S
I found in songbook.
Notice how it is written under the notes En = gel = land.

image.jpeg (73.31 KB, 704 downloads)
S
S
Yes, I think this ring is written in the musical rhythm.

Here is the Luftwaffe songbook.

image.jpeg (123.69 KB, 702 downloads)
G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
yes there was a famous song and record you could buy,,the spelling was more for the melody, and spelled exactly like that on the record!
I might still have mine,,if I do I'll post but will take a bit..

* Some wonderful rings [and info]!! thanks for posting!!

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Didn't want to start another topic,,but this title is still perfect,,,Rings and items for this forum..:

!st I'd like to apologize for not being here as much as I'd like. This forum and YOU guys still bring much pleasure in my life.. My Father is very very sick,,I'm trying to finish the book by end of August when the publisher wants it,, Still with the problems of getting my house torn down and rebuilt to FEMA specs,,health etc etc. And, this is just a small bit of whats going on in my life..
I KNOW you ALL have similar problems and maybe WORSE!.

- Lets try a few things.. 1st,,remember we are all here because we like to collect and preserve history!. Some maybe here trying to make a profit,,I can't help with that, really nothing wrong with that either. BUT, some maybe are here to try and legitamize a fake ring in order to set a new standard and them sell or have their 'people sell the piece now that its been deemed authentic. Not cool period. And i hope Dave,Vern and the 2 Mods here do everything they can to stop it. A fake is a fake,,and a crook is a crook..

2 I KNOW things can get out of hand very fast here. . A fix is to stick to the piece your asking about. Yes sometimes a comparison is the way to go,,but it should be a comparison of the same piece!.

3, good photos [and I know its hard!] are a must. Big, clear, well lit etc.
Always a straight level shot of the cartouche.
One on the side band,
one of the inner band, hallmarks/content stamps,
I birds eye view..
Sometimes just with those 4 or 5 basic shots we can understand what another member is trying to point out.

The closed topic,,sorry to post about it,,for me it is a SuperFake [Luft ring],, Just my opinion. Get 5 of those rings and compare and you'll see... Anyway, sorry Odal to post about it.. Maybe later you can open it and continue..

Last,, Absolutely the counterfeiters watch this forum and the others.. 100% they do!! But we can't let it disrupt us.. When possible we should try and explain as best as possible whats wrong. MAYBE leave something not so detailed explained. Usually good photos and comparisons will settle things.
You guys are good,,ALL of you. We're all very opinionated. But an authentic ring and a comparison will usually end it.. IF you have to start with variations, and late war this and different that we'll have disagreements,,its making excuses why its not like the original ring.

Its 94 degrees by me here today,,******** HOT!! Probably hot all over,,anyway,, lets not let it spill over in to the forum.. Keep cool, good photos, comparisons, try and get our experience across to others. Still in all guys,,considering we have a very big international membership,,which is something this day and age to be proud of,,,we do dam good here!!
. Have a good one guys,,happy hunting....,Gaspare

[i][/i]

Last edited by Gaspare; 07/21/2017 10:40 PM.
Good and clear words.
Thanks G.!
Because my english isn`t as good i myself am not always able to say in the right way what i think and want to tell.
Sorry for this.

The closed thread.
I closed it because the discussion got personal in no good way and there was no more relation to the topic starting ring.

While the guys had now time to calm down i think we will open the thread again and hope for more opinions and constructive contributions.

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
M
M
My 3 cents: if I were a moderator here (which you couldn't pay me to do), I'd set 2 simple rules and enforce them strictly and no fuss.

1. Try like the blazes to keep certain individuals from sneaking (back) in, eg that sergey (fill in your own expletive) from the facebook group.

2. Zero Ad Hominem in discussion
Directly or indirectly, one warning with explanation, then out.
100% 'Ad circulum', as it were.

Simple. :-)

Mark

M
M
All good points, especially about the heat- tempers flare in the hot summer days too, so keep cool (in all ways.,.) and carry on! -

S
S
Originally Posted By: Gaspare
Didn't want to start another topic,,but this title is still perfect,,,Rings and items for this forum..:

!st I'd like to apologize for not being here as much as I'd like. This forum and YOU guys still bring much pleasure in my life.. My Father is very very sick,,I'm trying to finish the book by end of August when the publisher wants it,, Still with the problems of getting my house torn down and rebuilt to FEMA specs,,health etc etc. And, this is just a small bit of whats going on in my life..
I KNOW you ALL have similar problems and maybe WORSE!.

- Lets try a few things.. 1st,,remember we are all here because we like to collect and preserve history!. Some maybe here trying to make a profit,,I can't help with that, really nothing wrong with that either. BUT, some maybe are here to try and legitamize a fake ring in order to set a new standard and them sell or have their 'people sell the piece now that its been deemed authentic. Not cool period. And i hope Dave,Vern and the 2 Mods here do everything they can to stop it. A fake is a fake,,and a crook is a crook..

2 I KNOW things can get out of hand very fast here. . A fix is to stick to the piece your asking about. Yes sometimes a comparison is the way to go,,but it should be a comparison of the same piece!.

3, good photos [and I know its hard!] are a must. Big, clear, well lit etc.
Always a straight level shot of the cartouche.
One on the side band,
one of the inner band, hallmarks/content stamps,
I birds eye view..
Sometimes just with those 4 or 5 basic shots we can understand what another member is trying to point out.

The closed topic,,sorry to post about it,,for me it is a SuperFake [Luft ring],, Just my opinion. Get 5 of those rings and compare and you'll see... Anyway, sorry Odal to post about it.. Maybe later you can open it and continue..

Last,, Absolutely the counterfeiters watch this forum and the others.. 100% they do!! But we can't let it disrupt us.. When possible we should try and explain as best as possible whats wrong. MAYBE leave something not so detailed explained. Usually good photos and comparisons will settle things.
You guys are good,,ALL of you. We're all very opinionated. But an authentic ring and a comparison will usually end it.. IF you have to start with variations, and late war this and different that we'll have disagreements,,its making excuses why its not like the original ring.

Its 94 degrees by me here today,,******** HOT!! Probably hot all over,,anyway,, lets not let it spill over in to the forum.. Keep cool, good photos, comparisons, try and get our experience across to others. Still in all guys,,considering we have a very big international membership,,which is something this day and age to be proud of,,,we do dam good here!!
. Have a good one guys,,happy hunting....,Gaspare

Hello Gaspare,

I would not rush to consider this ring (LW ring) in your place 'Super fake'. This morning from my friend kindly provided a photo of a similar ring that was dug out of the ground.
We Russians have a good proverb 'Live 100 years and learn 100 years'.

Sorry but despite your experience, I'm sure that you have not seen All the WW2 German rings.

Best regards,
Sergey

[i][/i]

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Serge... you are 100% correct. No I have not seen all 3rd reich rings.. But I've seen enough on these rings in the last almost 40 years to know there was probably one maker , or one master and others made them with working dies to know they all have the same characteristics...

Something else. and this goes for rings, helmets, medals/badges, equipment etc. The USSR broke up 90/91. My wifes cousins were some of the very first diggers . I met them in the mid 90s and still plenty coming up from the ground then. For 15 years I went to Warsaw/Kiev every year, sometimes twice a year.

No matter what or who tells you,,and this is law brother,, - Being ground dug is not a provenance. It does not make it authentic. I've been to plenty of digs,,seen plenty of things that weren't true. Seen many crazy things. Enough that by 2000 I stopped collecting ID tags after collecting them for 10 years..
My wifes cousins introduced me to plenty of diggers who had items they swore on their mothers they dug,,but were in fact fake and fantasies.

M
M
Yes, G speaks the truth here but in all honesty- us over here have no idea what kind of tough times those must have been in the 90s - imagine being 60,70 years old there in 1994/95. Your monthly pension dissolves to near nothing with the crash of the ruble on the international market. I grew up orthodox Christian - in my church I met a couple who moved here from there and they told me about what happened to their parents- they ended up moving to their dacha to turn it (one quarter acre only) into a subsistence farm to support themselves and their three kids. They worked hard, every day- and they were in their mid 70s, still farming, when my friends moved here as young adults to try to start a new life. The mafia controlled their town and would take most of what little money they made, bringing their vegetables to market! I'm not going to stand on some moral high ground here... I have three kids- you don't want to know what I would do to provide for them! I think this should be remembered before anyone starts thinking anyone is better than anyone else though. Items, rings, tags- sure.
We can judge them easy. Not the people though, no way. Just my opinion, but I found a good lesson there when I met my friends those years ago.

S
S
You guys already hit the policy. Let's still remember what happened in Russia under Ivan the Terrible:-)
I think that you have some prejudiced attitude towards Russia and to everything that is there. Let's look at the Germany WW2 rings regardless of their country of origin.
And I think that here it is necessary to discuss the rings and only the rings. All the rest of the lyrics:-)
I agree with those who believe that an objective evaluation can only be obtained by holding the ring in his hand.

Best regards,
Sergey

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Serge,,,yes, now we can agree. With the quality of the fakes now days sometimes a in hand inspection might be the only way..

As far as prejudiced,,Please don't feel that way. I'm married to a Ukrainian woman for over 20 years, and have been there many many times, enough to use up 3 passports!. Also have good friends in Poland and lost count how many times i've been there. We are with you buddy,,there's just going to be times we don't agree,,,and on that we will just agree to disagree sometimes.

Lets all keep on the hunt and get them while we can. There will be a day when there won't be any left except those in collections and its up to us and keep their integrity and preserve them for history.. Off on vacation,,have a good time guys, don't burn the place down! wink

Last edited by Gaspare; 07/25/2017 01:15 PM.

20171203_182655.jpg (89.2 KB, 484 downloads)
20171203_182743.jpg (218.79 KB, 485 downloads)

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
M
M
Fantastic

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
as some of the photo requirements have changed I'm updating some info and adding a couple links to help out with photos..

First - * page one, post one - Read the very first post that started this topic!!

Here a description is great But the photos rule! You want a good opinion,,post some good photos. Yes jewelry can be very difficult to photograph. Take your time, a bunch of practice shots,,then go for it and post.. Nice straight, well lit photos of,,the front, one of each side. inside behind cartouche, any hallmarks, and a birds eye view..

Our photo size for members is 125kb / 1.2kb . Might not seem very big but shot correctly can be very good for details etc.

Here is 2 links from our site for ,,How to post photos,,and photo resizing..

http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/~germand2/ubbthreads.php/topics/233445/how-to-post-photos.html#Post233445

http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/~germand2/ubbthreads.php/topics/233446/how-to-post-photos.html#Post233446

Last edited by Gaspare; 08/27/2019 05:08 AM.
I have two Luftwaffe rings.

John

Top.JPG (33.64 KB, 325 downloads)
Bottom.JPG (43.48 KB, 323 downloads)
835F..JPG (40.53 KB, 324 downloads)
Left.JPG (34.57 KB, 323 downloads)
Right.JPG (34.11 KB, 325 downloads)
Top.JPG (33.99 KB, 324 downloads)
Bottom.JPG (39.47 KB, 322 downloads)
Left.JPG (29.49 KB, 324 downloads)
Right.JPG (33.92 KB, 324 downloads)
MVC-092S.JPG (39.68 KB, 324 downloads)

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.
M
M
I have a couple pilots and air gunners myself. Mine are (or in one case was) silver washed brass.

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yeah thats a nice Luft!! Well this thread got a bit off topic but its ok , we're all in this together and mean well. . anyway

Getting back to the start post of this topic:

* Member photo size has been upped to 175 KB

So as far as photos:
You want as large as possible. You want them in focus of course. Well lit,,no glare. This sounds simple but I can tell you jewelry is some of the hardest things to photograph well.

Nice shot of the front,,
one of each side,
a birds eye view [top].
Inner band and any hallarks..

Tell us what you can observe on the ring. Does it feel too heavy, too light? Did it come with a grouping etc..

Last edited by Gaspare; 04/08/2020 12:56 AM.
G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So photo size is holding at 175kb..

you go .01 over and it will not post. You can get it down by careful cropping,,or go to the photo resizer..

So as far as photos:
You want as large as possible [175kb].
You want them in focus of course.
Well lit,,no glare. This sounds simple but I can tell you jewelry is some of the hardest things to photograph well.

Nice shot of the front,,
one of each side,
a birds eye view [top].
Inner band and any hallmarks..

* Tell us what you can observe on the ring. Does it feel too heavy, too light? Did it come with a grouping etc..

Topics welcome on Rings, Boxes, adverts, Brooches, Stic Pins, Bracelets, Cufflinks, Cigg Cases, Tie Clips, Tools, Dies,and Watch Fobs.

I only have one watch fob. Came in a group.. Late war, Pot metal, A field piece.. Anyone have one please go ahead and start your own topic with it..

DSCN4590.JPG (54.77 KB, 247 downloads)
DSCN4579 (2).JPG (45.71 KB, 239 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 05/02/2020 02:50 AM.
M
M
Here is one for discussion. Photos are property of wittman antique militaria.

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Mike,,please.. THAT needs its own topic.. He has a problems with rings sometimes.. Probably expensive as hell too! Put the warning out...

It?s just missing the RZM stamp !

Originally Posted by The_Collector
It?s just missing the RZM stamp !

Ha ha! Indeed! That is a postwar fantasy if ever I saw one. Nice quality photos though.

E
E
Post War probable.
But a very good looking ring.
Expensive? It's TW's.
Ed

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
That 100% is a old fantasy ring..Complete B.S. . He really should know better,,,,that is sad.!

E
E
I'm sure he does know better.
But there is one for every seat.
It is a nice ring.
Same as 3M 95 masks going for $30.00, buyer be ware!!!
Stay safe, and smart,
Ed

G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
So its summer time.. For me I'm partners in a motorcycle shop. This is our time of year especially the last few months. Come the end of July things will be quiet again! Guys riding etc. and unless a catastrophic failure we get slow.

Guys keep emailing me 'have you seen any rings around?' Well,no,, I'm not really looking,,been busy...

But there are some good rings out there. Now for me condition isn't always a big thing..

This Banak' ring went for under $100! recently,, Thats a great price and a rare ring. True not in good condition but there are guys out there that can get that thing looking great! OR,, leave as is...

Another ring. This is the famous BadBobs defaced Luft ring. He's had it for years.. I remember him saying,,'should I'? or something ... Sure!!,,its authentic!.

This day and age never turn down a good authentic ring. You can always upgrade later,,or use in a trade etc. Authentic rings are hard to find,,,,so don't laugh at the zinc Spiral WestWall ring.
Its real and unless you have one then you should have one no matter what the condition,,especially if the price is right!

GDCban.jpg (77.99 KB, 197 downloads)
GDCluft.JPG (44.11 KB, 197 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 06/23/2021 03:20 AM.
G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Guys just a reminder:

Topics welcome here - Rings, Boxes, adverts, photos in wear, Brooches, Stic Pins, Bracelets, Cufflinks, Cigg Cases, Tie Clips, Tools, Dies,and Watch Fobs. So post them if you got 'em.
OR, if you see something cool on the internet feel free to post here or start your own topic.

Photo Credits WAF:

These were posted a while ago on WAF.. Wonderful pieces, a collection in themselves.. I've seen a few of these pieces before but mostly have not see the majority shown.. They all look find/period to me...

WAF.jpg (114.65 KB, 132 downloads)
WAF2.jpg (118.15 KB, 131 downloads)
B
Online Content
B
Gaspare , I'm glad to see these German jewelery; it has my special interest . I would like to have them all, smile but...

IF! I could choose 2 of them , I would like to have:
on picture1 bracelet nr2 with swastikas and coloured flags
on picture2, the first bracelet with the runes.

Maybe the very first bracelet with the little beats is Indian-American ?

Last edited by benten; 04/26/2022 02:13 PM.
G
Gaspare Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I have the 2 small WW bracelets.. I had the bottom example years ago and sold it [regrettably]...

That top beaded one with the static swas,, Good question! It could be Native American,,but my opinion is with the Red White and Black colors probably/maybe[?], German,,,,[wish we could see the clasp]...

,,,,and yes,, I wouldn't mind having that collection either! wink

Last edited by Gaspare; 04/26/2022 04:23 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,473 SS Bayonets
1,760,279 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,750 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (benten, AntonGrabbe, Seppi, Dave, AndyRose, Documentalist, Tanker), 437 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod