Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
odal Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay
Open up your eyes guys.
Here a ring.
If real, very rare and expensive.
Offered as original period piece.
Made from brass with silver plating.
Offered here:

http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/showthread.php?t=673540

and here the pics by the seller/owner:

IMG_6829%20(Medium).JPG (121.65 KB, 243 downloads)
IMG_6893%20(Medium).jpg (91.41 KB, 242 downloads)
IMG_6894%20(Medium).jpg (83.22 KB, 243 downloads)

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
P
P
are you saying that you think there is a problem with the gegen ring?

odal Offline OP
OP Offline
I was real interested (some of you know i have a row of this ring with this theme) and asked for more pics.
Got this ones:

1.jpg (87.76 KB, 239 downloads)
2.jpg (73.53 KB, 240 downloads)
3.jpg (111.53 KB, 239 downloads)
4.jpg (105.21 KB, 239 downloads)
5.jpg (124.49 KB, 238 downloads)

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
odal Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: polop

Yes, a ver very big problem.

I will continue tomorrow or a little later in this thread.
Have to go to work now.

P
P
are those casting dots I can see?

C
chris12559
Unregistered
chris12559
Unregistered
C
That is a really really good fake.....they are getting close, that would fool most

P
P

Last edited by polop; 11/05/2016 09:14 PM.
M
M
There seem to be some questionable rings coming from sniper 33? Who is this?
Mark

For me this ring is original. I'm see nothing wrong. Again there is no camparison with original one. Plane is plated with golden paint.

M
M
So now they sell fakes made from brass AND with silver wash? Rather sophisticated...

G
G
Mark,, yes. It is even easier than doing in Silver!
The more and more we post,,the more and more 'they' do! Brass [messing] years ago was a safe bet, not anymore. Years ago looking for the join/size seam also was helpful,,so now some cast in the flat! - But we go one trying to help, so that guys have good pieces in their collections.

You know most of these gegen rings there are adverts for. Even the limited time or 'by order' for examples. This pattern years ago I saw a torn out page with a line drawing [as usual] of it. BUT, I couldn't tell if a period advert or from something like WWII LTD [fakes & Fantasies]..

I'd love to see anything period about this pattern.. Sniper,,what can you tell us about this ring?

Originally Posted By: odal

Yes, a ver very big problem.

I will continue tomorrow or a little later in this thread.
Have to go to work now.

I can say that Odal stole my pictures. And he put here! It is a crime? This ring is the original! His I no longer have. ��al, do not get angry, you're a good cop.

Last edited by sniper33; 11/06/2016 06:23 AM.
M
M
The first set of pictures have been acknowledged by the poster to this thread (odal) to belong to sniper 33, citing another website discussion- and the photos themselves are watermarked. The second set has clearly been established by the poster (odal) to be a continuation of the sniper 33 owned photos, along with the caption and acknowledgment that they also belong to sniper 33. In addition, they apparently were GIVEN freely by sniper 33 TO odal in another email. Proper credit to the ownership has clearly been established, they have not been fraudulently portrayed as owned by or belonging to anyone other than sniper 33. They have been posted to an open educational forum without intent to deceive the viewer to believe that the ring is owned by anyone other than sniper 33 or to create a fake image series for the fraudulent sale of goods.Outside of a request in the original email from sniper to odal specifically stating that the photos are not to be shared in an open, educational forum- there has been no theft. However, as the owner of the second set of photos it is reasonable to expect a level of privacy and you are free (I believe) to redact (or to request) redcating from the post.

Originally Posted By: Byzanti
The first set of pictures have been acknowledged by the poster to this thread (odal) to belong to sniper 33, citing another website discussion- and the photos themselves are watermarked. The second set has clearly been established by the poster (odal) to be a continuation of the sniper 33 owned photos, along with the caption and acknowledgment that they also belong to sniper 33. In addition, they apparently were GIVEN freely by sniper 33 TO odal in another email. Proper credit to the ownership has clearly been established, they have not been fraudulently portrayed as owned by or belonging to anyone other than sniper 33. They have been posted to an open educational forum without intent to deceive the viewer to believe that the ring is owned by anyone other than sniper 33 or to create a fake image series for the fraudulent sale of goods.Outside of a request in the original email from sniper to odal specifically stating that the photos are not to be shared in an open, educational forum- there has been no theft. However, as the owner of the second set of photos it is reasonable to expect a level of privacy and you are free (I believe) to redact (or to request) redcating from the post.

I as the owner of the photo and the ring against his discussion and display pictures. I've heard opinions Othell. So Odal delete photos! With you I do not want to have anything to do! Already I told you that!

Last edited by sniper33; 11/06/2016 09:49 AM.
P
P
I think we should discuss the ring rather than the ownership of the images, it will only distract us from finding out whether the ring is good or bad, only my oppinion

I think we should discuss the ring rather than the ownership of the images, it will only distract us from finding out whether the ring is good or bad, only my oppinion

I do not want to discuss it! It is not for sale! Odal sure that a copy. I am happy for him. The ring is no longer with me. Odal wants to mix my name with mud. Ya you do not allow it! So Odal delete the photo.

odal Offline OP
OP Offline
Let`s go on.
Basing on this posted pics, of course made by sniper, we figured out a deal.
A trade.
Ring for ring.
Original for original.
This "Gegen Engelland"-ring, described as die struck from brass and silver plated, for a paratrooper ring from my collection.
I sent my ring to sniper. He inspected and was, so it seems, happy with.
A few days later i got the "Gegen Engelland" ring and wasn`t happy.
A fake.
Cast from an silver shining alloy i didn`t have tested and partially covered with a kind of like brass looking varnish.

Here some impressions.
Pics made by me under extreme light. No digital work on them.
Build your opinion about.
More pics are possible if needed.

trig1.JPG (122.02 KB, 146 downloads)
trig2.JPG (109.17 KB, 146 downloads)
trig3.JPG (109.96 KB, 146 downloads)
trig4.JPG (113.6 KB, 145 downloads)

odal Offline OP
OP Offline
and

trig5.JPG (119.42 KB, 147 downloads)
trig6.JPG (114.78 KB, 142 downloads)
trig7.JPG (115.23 KB, 142 downloads)

M
M
WOW!!!!

M
M
Even I as a complete beginner would have ZERO doubts about this ring, HAHAHA! In the negative, as it were...
Damn! Who is this sniper? I'd like to put him on my list..
Mark

Gave you felt better? I repeat. The ring sold. scores with me?
and

odal Offline OP
OP Offline
If sold as an original you burned willful a collector.

Avenger smile This role does not suit you.

I can only say that it is not silver. A plated brass. You can continue this circus.

odal Offline OP
OP Offline

paint.jpg (107.54 KB, 139 downloads)

Come on guys cut this crap. Everybody involved got its opinion. Life is to short to waste time for this ********. Sorry for my words I did not want to offend anybody.

Now I say. If I wanted someone to cheat. I would not do the photo through a microscope. And how did you (small and dull). On the photo you liked it. You have long viewed my photos and as a professional in the rings have decided to pick it up. After receiving it, you stripped coating.

Michail (sniper33) - yep , it look lake a copy
If you are an honest man, it is better to return everything back.
It will be better, than what are you doing now
In any case, if he did not like your ring, he has the right terminate deal is fair ...

P.S. Misha, verni kolco, ego pravo otkazat'sa ot sdelki, ne nado tak postupat', mne pishut v li4ku i sprashivaut neugeli vse russkie takie hitrogopye baragi ?
Za4em tak postupat' ??? Ento 4esti nedelat russkim voobshe ... on na4inaut dimat' 4to tut odin moshenniki
Y menay toge bala kak to ne uda4naya sdelka, s nemcem, kolco prishlo i ono mne ne ponraviloc' , prodavec byl korrekten , soglasilsa zabra' ego i vernul den'gi
Sdelay i ty tak

Last edited by Evgeniy; 11/06/2016 12:21 PM.
Originally Posted By: Evgeniy
In any case, if he did not like your ring, he has the right terminate deal is fair ...
P.S. Misha, verni kolco, ego pravo otkazat'sa ot sdelki, ne nado tak postupat', mne pishut v li4ku i sprashivaut neugeli vse russkie takie hitrogopye baragi ?
Za4em tak postupat' ??? Ento 4esti nedelat russkim voobshe ... on na4inaut dimat' 4to tut odin moshenniki
Y menay toge bala kak to ne uda4naya sdelka, s nemcem, kolco prishlo i ono mne ne ponraviloc' , prodavec byl korrekten и soglasilsa zabra' ego i gernul den'gi

I did not cheat anyone Eugene! You do not know the situation.

What do you want, Odal? You receive your ring back, sniper33 received his ring back, you canceled the deal because you don't like it. Moreover after your hand inspection you altered the ring and dameged gold finish on the plane in multiply places. I've helped to get your ring back because swaped ring was gifted by sniper33 to his friend. Yes, It's takes some time, but in result everyone stays with his own rings.

By the way you again say that this is fake without any reasons just because you don't like it. Again there is no camparison only words words and words without facts. You damaged the ring, hope this information will be useful for other collectors who want to trade with you. Collectors should know that deal can be canceled by you without any reasons and minimum explanation and they can receive damaged ring.

Originally Posted By: Evgeniy

Ring is returned in that condition in which was received. Odal returned sniper33 ring too, only with damaged gold finish after hamn inspection. So there is no problem anymore. You see that Odal want revenge and nothing more.

Yes Sniper33, now I see you
Odal, what you want of it topic ?
As I know deal was has been canceled, you returned to the ring ...
what you still want?
if the sniper was not honest and wanted to give you ********, he would back you nothing back
is not it ?

Odal you have recived 6/10/2016 RB766340454DE ???
You got ring or no ???

for what you're starting here swear, you all back, what else you need to add money in damages? )))

P.S.S. take back my words about "#323199" : dont see any problems, rings were returned

Last edited by Evgeniy; 11/06/2016 01:20 PM.
M
M
There appears to be casting flaws in the ring closeups posted by odal. The line running down the right side of the ring for example. Based on what I'm seeing, I'm not a fan of this ring. I would not want it in my collection. Just my 2�.

There appears to be casting flaws in the ring closeups posted by odal. The line running down the right side of the ring for example. Based on what I'm seeing, I'm not a fan of this ring. I would not want it in my collection. Just my 2�.

I do not suggest it to anyone. He's not for sale !!! Become Odal why does not say that he got his ring back. And the deal canceled.

Did you ever seen silver plated ring? Check Gottlieb new ring. Also casted?

M
M
Well I saw it also on German eBay (or one like it) and discussed w a few folks-just wasn't 100% sure, didn't try to buy it- but it's a pretty cool and I believe fairly rare ring- my guess was real or not it was gonna get bid up a LOT and I wasn't gonna chase one I wasn't 100% on. This is a ring pattern I'm not ashamed to say I know less about than others, that's why I'm always asking- u guys all know so much and have been so helpful to us newer guys- evgeniy has saved my butt at least twice (African ss runic ring?) it appears to be a good ring but I see some areas that at first (lip inner left shank) that could go either way. Tough call but very cool ring pattern; it's an attractive piece, how rare are these I wonder?

odal Offline OP
OP Offline
Some last words to this topic.

Yes, got my ring back from this trade after a lot of emails and harsh words.

Reason to start this thread was to show that some guys sell and deal very high priced fakes.
This is the second ib this forum.
Thats fact.

You have seen the pics of this "Gegen Engelland"-ring.
No halfway experienced and honest collector would say this an original period made ring.

Last edited by odal; 11/06/2016 03:36 PM.

You can show us log of your communication
And everything will be clear: who is right and who is not ...

Last edited by Evgeniy; 11/06/2016 04:50 PM.

Reason to start this thread was to show that some guys sell and deal very high priced fakes.
Thats fact.

No halfway experienced and honest collector would say this an original period made ring.

Harsh words???? You liar G�tz.
You yourself started it!
Ring "England" I got you back on October 6, 2016 RB766340454DE
Your ring is sent back October 10, 2016. RA341154353RU
You got it October 24, 2016. RA341154353RU

Thats fact.

I saw your conversation from beginning till the end. I do not found any harsh words - this is pure LIE. But you damaged sniper33 the ring, threatened him, told me harsh words about him, received your ring back (in same condition when it was received). And now you are victim...nice...keep going.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,267,497 SS Bayonets
1,764,501 Teno Insignia Set
1,133,323 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Latest New Posts
Big flags! Any flags! Who has them!
by Cameron - 05/11/2024 09:53 AM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Gaspare - 05/11/2024 12:23 AM
SS honor ring. 1936.
by Gaspare - 05/11/2024 12:15 AM
Period Dies
by Gaspare - 05/10/2024 10:51 PM
Welcome - New Collector Here
by Cameron - 05/10/2024 10:07 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,695
Posts329,202
Members7,531
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Billy G., Duzig, Documentalist, Sasha, ollar, Baz69, Don Scowen), 489 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod