Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
I'm disappointed in TW but not shocked.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Patrick69
I have a real hard time swallowing this story....why would TW jeopardize his reputation selling something like this? and it says clearly on his site..money back guarantee on all items.....sorry, not buying it. If it was not for Tom W, more than half of us would not be in this great hobby....I agree, chains are being yanked here.

Patrick,

I'm sorry you don't believe my story but its 100% true, I don't know why Mr. Wittman would do that to me either. I assume he saw an opportunity to unload a POS parts dagger on an unsuspecting beginner. I guess he dose not realize that in the modern internet age collectors can now communicate and share opinions and ideas in real time. His scams and dishonesty went undetected in the 70's and 80's when collectors were limited by only having catalogs.
Thankfully today we have wonderful forum communities where people like Mr. Wittman can be held to account for their dishonesty and misdoings.

As for your statement "If it was not for Tom W, more than half of us would not be in this great hobby..." The truth is Mr. Wittman's lack of integrity almost ran me out of this hobby before I even got started. I can only say that if it were not for JR at Meda Militaria I would not be in this great hobby...

Originally Posted by Dave
Kevin.

That dagger is very obviously the sum of repaired or distressed parts and it should not take much experience to notice that.

Put up his name if you want

Dave

Dave, you are correct it was "very obvious" but at the time I had NO EXPERIENCE. I was a complete beginner and was totally relying on what I thought was an honest and forthright dealer. I have since purchased every book on SS daggers I can find (including Wittman's fantastic books) and read and reread every post on this and other forums.

Originally Posted by Arminius
Hi Marvin,
I'm glad you got this mess sorted out and had the tenacity to keep going and bag a quality SS dagger for your collection.

I would like to ask you if Tom Wittmann put this obviously bad dagger up on his website fully described, or did he offer it to you before it had gone up for public scrutiny on his site?

Regards

Will

Will, I don't know if this dagger was ever listed on Mr. Wittman's site. This transaction was conducted via the phone. In my ignorance I purchased this dagger "sight unseen" with his assurances that it was a good "investment piece" I would be happy with.

I would truly like to thank all of the very kind and knowledgeable members on this site that took the time to help and guide me as I took my first steps into this field of collecting. To all of Tom's friends and supporters here that have called my integrity into question, I think its time you contact Mr. Wittman and get him to explain to the community why he felt it was ok to take advantage of a inexperienced beginner collector. I'm sure I wasn't the first or the last...

On a much happier note I would like to show off some of the wonderful daggers that I have been able to collect with JR's help. I can not say enough good things about JR and his son Kris at Meda Militaria. If anyone out there is considering entering into this hobby I would highly recommend contacting Meda Militaria. They are honest and good men who will take the time to help educate and guide you.

Group Marked Early SS Dagger by Herder -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Eickhorn M33 Featured in Tom Wittman's fantastic book "Exploring the Dress Daggers and Swords of the German SS" -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Werner Thoms Type A M36 SS No. 1232 -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Early SS B1 Chain Dagger -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

OP Offline
And one more..

Ground Rohm SS Honor Dagger by Herder -

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Marvin,

Please use photos not links. The FLIKR links from the last time you attacked TW disappeared.

Dave

OP Offline
Dave,

I'm dumbfounded that you would edit and remove the photos in my thread like this. I did not post "links" and you know it. Brickie even commented on the picture of the receipt for the dagger. Do me a favor next time you are working Wittman's table at MAX and ask him about the parts dagger he sold me.

Good day!

OP Offline
Dave,

I will email you the photos that have gone missing from this thread. Please post them.

Thank you very much!

E
E
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!

OP Offline
Dave,

Since you are unwilling to post the picture of the receipt for this parts dagger that Wittman sold me I will do it for you. Furthermore I am a paid member of this forum, I have not violated any of the rules here so please do not delete this photo again by calling it a "link".

[Linked Image]

OP Offline
I started this thread back in 2016 to alert the collecting community to the dishonest business practices of Thomas Wittmann. At the time of my first posting many forum members including Dave (the moderator) jumped to the defense of their buddy Tom and called my integrity into question. Well, it took Tom three years but he has finally relisted the parts dagger that he sold me (pictures attached). Its obvious from Tom's most recent pictures that he has since cleaned/polished the blade but he dose not disclose this little fact in his description.

Is the collecting community really going to give Thomas Wittmann a pass after taking advantage of a beginner collector?

Dave, I feel that you and Tom owe me an apology for the way you both have behaved.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

OP Offline

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

OP Offline

In these two photos you can clearly see that Wittmann has since cleaned the blade but failed to disclose this fact in his most recent listing. Notice the dark spot closest to the bottom guard that is not present in his most recent listing.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mr. Capito .. or if you prefer, Kevin,

To quote the response you got from Serge on WAF after posting this same topic http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1007527

"Another one of your old 'Dealer Bashing Threads' here, and you'll be looking for a new bashing site. Last Warning."

-Thread Closed."

Dave

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,472 SS Bayonets
1,760,277 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,740 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (AndyRose, Documentalist, Tanker, Seppi, Nietzsche, benten), 462 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod