Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
chris12559
Unregistered
chris12559
Unregistered
C
Hey guys,
Saw this one over on waf, imo 100% fake stamping, finishing of the inner band etc, lots of red flags all over, would love to hear your guys opinions, I hope Noone gets burned by this one!
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866988

G
G
yeah,, I see problems.. Much better photos needed. Those are terrible!

M
M
You know I saw this on hannah r site last yr now that I think abt it. Both G and Andy expressed doubts then....

G
G
the current owner is having trouble getting a good photo of the ring and has expressed concern about the ring...

And what do I find in my files?? Can't remember who sent or when:

BdSS - Copy.jpg (106.01 KB, 207 downloads)
G
G
owner does say its the same pattern of course,,but the enamel loss on the cartouche is slightly different...

a side shot:

BdSS2 - Copy.jpg (96.28 KB, 206 downloads)
G
G
he does say the inner is exact,,same fault, same everything..

I have expressed my concerns and opinion about the ring..He is looking for an opinion about the ring from different ring collectors.. What do you guys say??

BdSS3 - Copy.jpg (109.71 KB, 205 downloads)
G
G
here is a shot of the owners actual ring:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIMG_0482.jpg (57.97 KB, 203 downloads)
G
G
again, owners actual ring..
Does the band actually get very thin and thick at these spots of is it just the photo..

ZZZZZZZZZBEV.jpg (45.29 KB, 199 downloads)
M
M
hi members
this ss lah ring shown in my honest opinion has to many issues that is wrong for a period made ss lah ring . the person that owns this ss ring says he bought it from a site called hannanas reich also bought a ss visor hat that has a fake eagle and a fake skull that he is trying to sell on whermach site also bought from hannanas reich site dont know all the details and we probly wont ever know in my honest opinion i would not do any bussiness with hananas reich site. last again in my opinion this site doesnt have a good reputation to start with hope you all agree god bless andy militarynut

Hello everyone, I am the current owner of this ring. First thanks to everyone who has provided educated insight on my ring. I would also like to invite other members who are knowledgeable on these types of rings to please post their opinion with reasoning.

Now, to address the questions,

1. The cartouche of my ring is def. different, my ring shows no chips like the ones in the photos. Also, the "roughness" of the enamel in the cartouche is much smoother on my ring.

2. The casting flaw shown in post #319578, is not present on my ring, on any of those areas.

3. The .935 marking on post #319579 is virtually exact to the marking inside my ring.

4. Upon examining the inside of my ring, you can notice that it is quite more "squared" off than the example posted. The mark inside appears less pronounced that that in #319579. But none the less, I do see what appears to be a small line of either depression and another "squiggley" line like a buffer wheel would make.

5. The difference in band thickness on the left side as shown in post #319581 is visible. It actually appears that whoever angled the sides, must have removed a bit too much material from that particular side. To my eyes it appears that both sides of the ring are symmetrical when viewed from the side.

Originally Posted By: Militarynut
hi members
this ss lah ring shown in my honest opinion has to many issues that is wrong for a period made ss lah ring . the person that owns this ss ring says he bought it from a site called hannanas reich also bought a ss visor hat that has a fake eagle and a fake skull that he is trying to sell on whermach site also bought from hannanas reich site dont know all the details and we probly wont ever know in my honest opinion i would not do any bussiness with hananas reich site. last again in my opinion this site doesnt have a good reputation to start with hope you all agree god bless andy militarynut

With regards to the visor cap & insignia; please see my last post at;
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782166

M
M
Looks like the same chip in these pics, top left... Got a better one for comparison?

image.jpg (81.95 KB, 139 downloads)
image.jpeg (224.7 KB, 144 downloads)
M
M
On second thought.. Tho these tunes look a tad different... Yours appear thinner in the pic... Idk I'm leaving it to the experts.... Andy and G know this stuff dead... I'd say the lower left rune looks wider than the other tho, just an observation....

M
M
I meant lower right looks wider

You are correct that the runes on mine are different widths too. The area you circled on my ring is not a chip like in the proposed example. On my ring its more of a "flaw" in construction...

I wish I could offer better pics, but I have been sitting here for 30 min. and my pics are not getting any better or more detailed. Bottom line - the iphone will not work for these type of shots!

If any expert wants to do a hands on inspection shoot me a PM. I def. want to get this sorted out.

G
G
a friend sent me a surprise.. Claims this is the same ring! That there was work/repairs done to it.. Hoping he will come on and enlighten us!

IMG_2680.JPG (129.69 KB, 138 downloads)
G
G
either they are all the same ring with the same faults [not good]. OR the same ring that's been repaired [maybe more than once] and has had the faults muted a bit [also not good]..

IMG_2680ab.JPG (117.14 KB, 132 downloads)
The ring pictured above does appear, based on what I can see, to be the same ring as mine.

M
M
awkward time.. Ugh ., .loosen neckties and proceed gentlemen...

C
chris12559
Unregistered
chris12559
Unregistered
C
Pretty sure Hannah's has a return for refund for life warranty......

C
chris12559
Unregistered
chris12559
Unregistered
C
G is the man when it comes to 3rd reich jewelry....there is no better, I would trust him with my money to purchase without blinking.....

Last edited by chris12559; 06/25/2016 02:24 AM.
M
M
Yes and Chris you know these enamels really well too... I'd trust these opinions, they are prob among the best on the planet for knowing this stuff...

Thanks for all the help on this ring guys! Sometimes it takes a team... I have emailed the dealer and I have faith that there will be a positive outcome. I also withdrew the ring from sale.

M
M
Good luck cavguy

Thanks!

G
G
good work cav. That's the right thing to do.. Maybe some of the other regulars like Evg, Odal and Hapur will weigh in.. Also hoping for the member who sent me the newest photos will come on ..

Well so far no yeas... I'm sure even if you explained to a good local jeweler and showed the ring he'd probably confirm the ring is cast..Lets see what the dealer writes you.

Last edited by Gaspare; 06/25/2016 03:36 AM.
Inside of the ring clearly tells that ring is cast, but it is supposed to be die struck. Typical casting defects. Enamel also is not done good (it is dirty and not fired at enough high temp, seems to be fired in open fire, not kiln. Standard appearance when somebody still learn how to make enamel).

There are less original rings than you think, much less...

www.totenkopfrings.com
A
A
Originally Posted By: Militarynut
hi members
Hello, Andy, I dont believe we had the pleasure of discourse before, regarding the SS ring in question which I supplied to Alex, I have issued a refund to cover his purchase, I will do my own research regarding the ring once it is back in my office, I sold the ring in good faith and to the best of my knowledge it is a period piece. Now please show me the fake cap eagle and fake cap skull I have sold! This is a complete lie!
Also contrary to your statement I have an excellent reputation in SS collecting circles, ask around the top guys in this field, I really have no idea why you should be so vitriolic about me, now lets see this fake insignia !!

Martin
M
M
hi martin
i dont believe we ever had the pleasure of meeting or discussing any items you were selling or sold any time you want to ever meet me to discuss any third reich items it would be my please to meet you in person we can meet at this years max show or in february at sos kentucky show you let me know. im glad you have returned this chaps hard earned money also hopefully you will refund him on this ss officers visor its a parts visor and in sad condition for big bucks . he still is trying to sell it on whermach awards for big bucks from the pictures i see the visor appears to be early made but sadly has late war or fake parts aluminum skull and eagle. the early silvered eagle and skull in my opinion belongs on there not aluminum to many fake aluminum eagles and skulls are put on these visors to bring the prices up and with out seeing the makers marks on back of eagle or skull it hard for any one to say they are period made but in any case its a parts visor for big bucks this is what a good experenced ss military dealer should do on this modern made fake l.a.h.ss ring and also glad your doing your own research on the ring i cant wait to hear the results of your research to our experenced ring members n collectors of third reich rings here that is telling you thier opinions and in my opinion they are right on target saying its not period made this ring forum on gdc is the best of the best ring forum . now you can go on whermach awards yourself and see in my opinion your pieced parts ss visoryou dont need me to that . i dont ask any top guys in the field or ss circles. if you wish to find out about me just ask here on the ring forum or outher forums on gdc who is this guy named andy militarynut and i believe you will hear something good now we met martin have a nice day any way andy militarynut

Guys, regarding the visor, please understand that if you read my sale listing on the WAF forum, you will note that I clearly state that the visor insignia has been replaced AFTER it was purchased from Hannah's Reich and does not match (ie: early cap + late insignia). Martin had nothing to do with the insignia - though it is original.

Martin has nothing to do with my asking price of the visor either, which is based on several factors.

I want to clarify also that Martin has agreed to accept the ring back and he gave me no hassle at all about it.

Last edited by cavguy; 06/27/2016 09:40 PM.
G
G
Hi Martin , can't recall you being here before [maybe you have been] so a welcome to the forum!..

Please in the future lets keep things to rings / jewelry etc. I realize you were called out here in print so I'm letting your post to Andy stand. [might delete both later] But please in the future handle it by PM,,much thanks..

As far as the ring. I respect you honoring your guarantee and issuing a refund.
- We have a great international membership here concerning period jewelry.
You know,I always like a ring to prove out 'good', I always hope for the best. Right from the beginning I think we've been very fair about the ring. It's a nice copy but there are just too many problems with it.. In your investigation if you'd like any help, or confer with your jeweler [if he's not familiar with these particular type counterfeits]please feel free to email me..
Thanks and a big 'Good Show' for issuing the refund!...,Gaspare

Last edited by Gaspare; 06/28/2016 02:42 AM.
M
M
hi cavguy
cant put my finger on whats going on between you and hananas reich martin. first this ss lah fake ring that martin dont believe any of the expert ring members opinions here on gdc forum maybe his ss high end friends know the real story my question to you is why try to sell this ss visor with the wrong aluminum eagle and skull to another poor soul out there for way to much money a blind man can see this ss visor is humped up and wrong why not call martin to the rescue and bail you out and get your money back whats the real story cavguy best andy militarynut

C
chris12559
Unregistered
chris12559
Unregistered
C
Well said G......a good one to put in your book perhaps if you have a "copy" section......

Andy, I'm not sure this is the right place to discuss this but I actually purchased the visor last year from another seller on the WAF forum - who originally purchased it from Martin around 2003, if I remember the date correctly. So it was an indirect purchase. I am happy with the visor as it filled a niche in my display, now I am trying to step up to a nice field grey visor and so its time for it to find a new home.

I am most certainly not trying to play games with anyone - as can be seen regarding the LAH ring. Naturally, I stated the visor at a high price, but by all means I welcome all fair offers.

M
M
hi cavguy
just read your post i get it all now all roads leed back to martin thanks for the update have a nice day andy militarynut

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,431 SS Bayonets
1,763,802 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,557 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Site Down
by Vern - 05/02/2024 11:55 PM
Pipes old and new
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 09:40 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Stephen - 05/01/2024 12:40 PM
Latest New Posts
NSKK dienst dolch
by BretVanSant - 05/04/2024 03:42 AM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by wotan - 05/04/2024 02:01 AM
Fritz Barthelmess Bavaria Muggendorf SA
by Vern - 05/04/2024 01:07 AM
3rd reich cards/photos
by Dean Perdue - 05/03/2024 11:25 PM
Wanted Dug or Alive!
by Gaspare - 05/03/2024 10:08 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,669
Posts329,100
Members7,524
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
4 members (bushido, Dean Perdue, Evgeniy, Sasha), 537 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod