Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
G
G
,,, grin laugh

hey yeah,,lets see it!

S
S
Sorry I did forget. Ring is great. Will try to post today.

S
S
Sorry for the delay,. It was my forgetfulness not Hapur. I got the ring a day or so after I posted it was in the mail. Very happy with it!

ring 1.jpg (56.76 KB, 431 downloads)
ring 2.jpg (91.6 KB, 428 downloads)
ring 3.jpg (78.74 KB, 432 downloads)
ring 4.jpg (73.91 KB, 434 downloads)
M
M
Wow that is a nice ring! Congrats!

S
S
Sorry to make you guys wait. It was well worth the money.

Oh, we know Hapurs work here.
And yes, again a very nice made ring.
And the best of it is that you like it wink

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
Sweet

Worked it out with Hapur to try again, glad I did very nice.

zz.jpg (96.81 KB, 360 downloads)

Doug
also very nice ring....for a small finger grin

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
L
L
I too received a ring from Hapur. Excellent workmanship! Seriously, you won't be disappointed. The photographs do not do it justice.

Finally made site www.totenkopfrings.com
There are some videos on TK ring manufacturing.
Sure lots of things to be uploaded, but at least something.

There are less original rings than you think, much less...

www.totenkopfrings.com
Congratulations!

G
G
WOW Hap very interesting!! Why aren't you using a chuck to hold the die when its struck?

L
L
Hey Hapur.
Nice to see your process... and yes, I'm still wearing your ring since it arrived a month ago.

Not sure if it's me, but when I click on How It's Made, I get a double image glitch of some sort. I've just got a new Mac, so maybe it is something to do with the computer I'm using, or the various ad blocks etc. I would post a screen shot of what this looks like, except it looks like I have to host the image elsewhere... confused

EDIT: maybe this will work...

Last edited by L v K; 10/15/2015 08:54 AM.
G
G
Some years ago we had a member decide he was going to make a copy HR. He carved it all from jewelers wax and did a 2 piece ring [skull and band].

Don't think he made many and pretty sure he no longer makes them. They were pretty good for back then.
Who knows,,maybe they will be a collectors item in coming years like a Peichel [spelling?]. The better current copies like Hapurs also could become collectors items!, hey, you never know!

SSChrisA.jpg (49.82 KB, 407 downloads)
SSChris4.jpg (148.48 KB, 408 downloads)
G
G
A Chris 'SSCollertor' copy ring but in a period box belonging to Bob Hritz.

SSChris3.jpg (73 KB, 406 downloads)
M
M
Heck yeah that was a pretty good replication for a first attempt back then! How good they must be now!

A
OP Offline
A
For everyone who has been waiting with baited breath for many many months. I've finally unraveled the mystery, and I must say, its even more interesting than I could imagine.

First of all. There is a ring. But it is not an honor ring, not even an SS ring, its his plain old wedding band! The tale is actually (from my educated guess) a mixing of two different family member's service histories.

Heinz, after much more digging and direct contact with the volksbund, was never with the SS, but instead it is my more distantly related relative Hartwig-Friedrich Badenhoop. The "double O" spelling is an extremely old spelling of the family name and has its roots with an older version of the German language, only the oldest branches of the family had it and very few still carry it.

Hartwig was born on the 17Th of March 1909 in Kirchlinteln (a historical stomping ground for my family) and fell just 2 days after his 36Th birthday on the 19Th of March 1945. I'm still trying to find out where he fell, as he was moved later to a war cemetery in the Saarland. He was a lowly Sturmmann and would not have qualified for such a high ranking award, for this I'm honestly a little relieved.

Here is his profile with the Volksbund, I'll dig for some photographs of him. If anyone is still interested in Heinz I did manage to find a picture of him.

All the best
Alex

Last edited by Alexander; 12/12/2015 11:26 AM.
M
M
Wow what a great story Alex thank u for sharing it with us! We'd love to see a pic!

Apologies for delay with response. Didn't see it before. Why there is no choke to hold die? I do not see a need for it here. There are no forces that can move it side way. Choke would be needed if used two sided die to keep them in right position against each other.

There are less original rings than you think, much less...

www.totenkopfrings.com
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Byzanti
Wow what a great story Alex thank u for sharing it with us! We'd love to see a pic!

Letters and emails to older relatives unfortunately turned up nothing of value, I've sent a request to the WASt for his service records, hopefully with them will come at least one photo. The only downside is that the WASt makes the DMV look like an express line with a waiting time of up to 12 months. May the wait begin. cool

M
M
Good luck Alex!

M
M
Originally Posted By: Alexander
For everyone who has been waiting with baited breath for many many months. I've finally unraveled the mystery, and I must say, its even more interesting than I could imagine.

First of all. There is a ring. But it is not an honor ring, not even an SS ring, its his plain old wedding band! The tale is actually (from my educated guess) a mixing of two different family member's service histories.

Heinz, after much more digging and direct contact with the volksbund, was never with the SS, but instead it is my more distantly related relative Hartwig-Friedrich Badenhoop. The "double O" spelling is an extremely old spelling of the family name and has its roots with an older version of the German language, only the oldest branches of the family had it and very few still carry it.

Hartwig was born on the 17Th of March 1909 in Kirchlinteln (a historical stomping ground for my family) and fell just 2 days after his 36Th birthday on the 19Th of March 1945. I'm still trying to find out where he fell, as he was moved later to a war cemetery in the Saarland. He was a lowly Sturmmann and would not have qualified for such a high ranking award, for this I'm honestly a little relieved.

Here is his profile with the Volksbund, I'll dig for some photographs of him. If anyone is still interested in Heinz I did manage to find a picture of him.

All the best
Alex

Absolutely, please do! Highly interesting, this!

As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Hapur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 01/29/2016 04:38 PM.

Natural Born American Citizen
American Patriot
U.S. Army Vet. 1969-'71 Spc.5 Field Artillery Crewman
Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!
M
M
Originally Posted By: johnnyrocket
As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Harpur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Absolutely the only place if you ask me...

M
M
As soon as I figure out my ring size I'm getting a "Harpur" ring too! You guys have convinced me this is the place to go for my near perfect Honor Ring.

Tip: I went to a jeweler, had it measured AND tried a similar-shape ring in that size to be sure...

Good tip Mark. Thanks my friend.

I think $80.00 for a Hapur is better than $10,000 original that has been worn into the ground. Like they say... "The Hapur" is the new normal original of the future.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 01/29/2016 04:38 PM.

American Patriot
Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!
Maybe someday this Forum will be discussing the subtle nuances of "A Hapur" Original HR.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 01/29/2016 04:44 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
Good tip Mark. Thanks my friend.

I think $80.00 for a Hapur is better than $10,000 original that has been worn into the ground. Like they say... "The Hapur" is the new normal original of the future.
Heehee, yeah! Gaspare says they might well be the collectors items of the future, and THAT made me think of getting one of his HR's! But also much of his other work is brilliant... and remember: it's only 80 with special inscription, without it's only like 50 bucks! ;-)
Mark

I'm wondering if Hapur can product a ring in 14K gold? Does anyone know?

OK, I know these were produced in Silver and Himmler hated gold (Goering loved it)
...but I have a friend who ask so it's to the experts on the Forum I go.

American Patriot
M
M
I'm wondering if Hapur can product a ring in 14K gold? Does anyone know?

OK, I know these were produced in Silver and Himmler hated gold (Goering loved it)
...but I have a friend who ask so it's to the experts on the Forum I go.

U should just pm him here! Ok I JUST got my ring in the mail; its NOT an HR but of a different kind...
And WOW this is so cool. Even WAY cooler than I even expected. YOU should see the inscription inside, too!
Well what can I say I simply cannot recommend Hapur highly enough.
COOLEST RING EVER!!

Originally Posted By: Skynyrd

Is this the small or large size skull on a Hapur ring? I'm thinking or ordering one for myself and wonder what would be the best and size. Any suggestions from my forum friends on this. Or just your opinions.

I could not post the images of Skynyrd's posting showing his ring which looks like the smaller size Hupar skull.

Last edited by johnnyrocket; 02/06/2016 08:50 PM.

American Patriot
M
M
Originally Posted By: Skynyrd

Is this the small or large size skull on a Hapur ring? I'm thinking or ordering one for myself and wonder what would be the best and size. Any suggestions from my forum friends on this. Or just your opinions.

I could not post the images of Skynyrd's posting showing his ring which looks like the smaller size Hupar skull.
I THINK the small size is the original sort of style/size?But he shows both on his site...

Skull fits the ring from top to bottom, hard to imagine it being any bigger.
I looked through our conversation, he asked if I wanted large or small and I said whatever you think looks best, so I don't know for sure.

Doug
Hapur's web site does not recognize my email address and fails to calculate any shipping cost/taxes. I've tried 5 times to correct this and on different computers too, without remedy.

Any suggestions?

American Patriot
M
M
Pm member hapur

I've looked at Gottlieb's book and the skull design configuration and sizes are all OVER THE PLACE.

It appears to me that the average size skull goes a little above and below (approx. 1/16" top and bottom) the edge of the ring itself.

American Patriot
M
M
Not the best reference book. Admittedly I recently bought it for peanuts at a gun show and am pleased with the pictures only. Here are the reference books or authors I suggest- klaus patzwall, Don Boyle, and Antonio scapini. All better than Craig's. Save for Gaspares book on all other tr rings coming this fall. Skull designs vary between ring generations this is true. It is a separate soldered piece, so there will naturally be differences. 30s rings are different than 40s rings, and transitional rings exist with qualities of both. Wear is different based on lots of factors including ring construction, affecting the skulls quite dramatically. Some have even had stones set in the eyes (btw- hap if u read this one day I'm ordering one with the green stones- beautiful man!). Look at a later war ring - I think 44 rings can really look quite amazing and have been often replicated. I do prefer earlier rings, but they wore pretty substantially. Gaspare has seen one dipped in gold I believe?

E
E
[quote=johnnyrocket]Hapur's web site does not recognize my email address and fails to calculate any shipping cost/taxes. I've tried 5 times to correct this and on different computers too, without remedy.

Any suggestions?
I had the same problem I emailed him and he said he actually received it and he sent me an invoice through paypal

Finally sent just an email and apparently it all went through with specifics of ring in email. Decided to have it engraved, for the price you can't go wrong. This ring seems to be the best deal on the net. I finally decided to get the large skull size which seems to be the correct size to order for a 40s style ring. I notice that the "smaller skull" looks a bit distorted around the jaw lines and just proportionally does not quite look right.

Got an invoice through PayPal a few hours later. All seems to be in progress for the ring.

Will post images when ring arrives.

American Patriot
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,511 SS Bayonets
1,760,288 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,765 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/28/2024 06:18 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,704
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
16 members (Landser, Tanker, Documentalist, AndyRose, Duzig, atis, Jonesy, Nietzsche, Dave, OWN, Mikee, Stephen, benten, Don Scowen, polop, Browning1900), 577 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod