Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vassago Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi buddies, I have seen for sale a de-Nazified Heer dagger without its blade manufacturing, apparently there are these examples because I've seen a few, but I wonder if their characteristics guys could let me know if you manufacture and also you know Daggers Heer without their manufacture in your resume, I have also understood that the Daggers with white handle are made of celluloid and not trolon as often the orange, I show the pictures I was taught to be sold, what you what do you think? Thank you very much for your help and solve my doubts.

I appreciate your comments.

Looks all period but hard to see details of pommel and scabbard bands.. plaster filled celluloid grip, generic A guard, extra blade buffer to tighten up grip? Kevin.

It's ALL in the DETAILS!!.......
Vassago Offline OP
OP Offline
If it is very possible to put double to ensure more blade with lining one, it is what appears from the photos since I do not have it in me to, thank you very much Heers68 for your answer, have you known other examples of Daggers Heer without manufacture? What these examples should? Thanks for your help.

Many examples that are unmarked, quite common to see Vassago. This one looks a lot like many examples I have seen with the generic guard, just need to see better close ups to know if the rest matches the guard or if this is a parts dagger. My first Heer many years ago was unmarked! Kevin.

It's ALL in the DETAILS!!.......
Vassago Offline OP
OP Offline
Many thanks mate , I'm trying to unless all parts are original of the period of the Third Reich because you may get it at a good price , but first want to make sure that is totally original despite its lack of the swastika and lack of marking on his resume before purchasing .

Vassago Offline OP
OP Offline
So they believe that even a dagger without marking various parts is totally original of the Third Reich ?

L
L
Seems to be original parts to me but as Kevin says the pictures are non conclusive.
Probably somewhere around 5% of daggers are not with maker mark.
I really wouldn't bother with this unless it is very cheap and you have pity for it. The grip will be loose from when the plaster was broken from the tang when it was removed. No amount of washers will make it tight again. It's a wonder the celluloid didn't crack.
Could be refitted with fresh plaster to make a permanent repair.

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
Vassago Offline OP
OP Offline
Landser thank you very much for your answer, the handle according to the images and the description given by the seller appears to be in good condition, he makes an offer to the seller for a reasonable price be if accepted, can be an attractive purchase, if I get it posteare new photos here once in my power , as long as we understand the price the seller and I sincerely .

Vassago, please be very careful, it seems to me -from these pics- that the blade has been severely shortened!
Compare blade length and scabbard length, especially in the last pic.

Generally, an unmarked, denazified dagger in low condition (see the rust spots eg. on grip ring) and perhaps shortened blade (has to be verified) might go in your region for only a few Euros because you could use only few parts (grip, pommel, scabbard).
Such a dagger is imho not in collectible condition any more.
Daggers in this condition, even marked and NOT denazified go for few bucks these days so if you donīt need a special part (which could be used as mentioned before) and the item is EXTREMELY cheap I personally would wait or look (there are several around) for another one even with personal low budget.
Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.
Vassago Offline OP
OP Offline
Wotan you are right , the last image is true that the road seems shorter than the pod, I had not noticed , thank you very much for your appreciation , then I think I'll be letting go and hope for a better example for this dagger , many thanks for your companion help, we must be careful with these details , thank you all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,489 SS Bayonets
1,760,281 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,758 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (ANTIK-1933, Herman V. (aka Herr Mann), The_Collector, Documentalist, Jonesy, Jamesol2, Seppi, Vern, Paul), 489 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod