Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
A
OP Offline
A
Hello!

I'd like to make my first post to this form a bit of a big request.
I'm looking for someone who makes reproductions of honor rings that can personally size and inscribe them.

The story behind my request.
Although I know very little about the specifics, apparently there is an original honor ring in the family, I personally have never seen it, but I have been told by my now late grandfather and surviving older uncles that it belonged originally to an ancestor of mine named "Heinz Badenhop" my mother's family in America still carries a modified version of the original name as "Badenhope" an attempt at making it easier for English speakers to pronounce correctly, although it still is always butchered. He was (as I've been told) and as I've been able to find out through limited research with records and family letters and the German War Graves Commission's search ability. Born in 1924 in Gilten and fell into soviet hands very late in the war. He died/was worked to death/was executed in Soviet captivity in 1946.

As stated above, I have never seen the original ring, and can't fully verify the tale, but regardless would love to have a reasonable reproduction of it made, they are all very similar in basic appearance and only the inner band differed from ring to ring in the wide sense of things. I'd like a very good replica made, something that honors the man that originally wore it and earned the right to wear it. I do not want something that is so convincing that it could be sold off as a real one though, something well made and very real looking, made from the same quality metal and cast correctly, but not a fake.

Does anyone know of someone that does custom made reproductions that could be sized correctly for my finger and that could be inscribed with his family name in the correct font and everything. I'm unsure of its original award date, so I will just choose a random date that fits within the timeline that he was likely to have been awarded it.

I've heard good thing about a gentleman named "Hapur" that makes customized high quality rings in the original materials with original equipment, but can't find any way to contact him or know of anyone who does.

Any idea of the costs involved?

Any information anyone can give would be very much appreciated!

I'd like to end this with a statement that I am not a "nazi" or believe in what they fought for, but I did have a-lot of family that did, 13 of them were killed in WWII in service to Germany. I have no respect for the ideals that they may have fought for, and I'm sure to an extent they didn't either. But I do respect them and honor them for the very real sacrifice that the rendered unto their people and their nation, I've never liked how people talk about all Germans and German soldiers of the era as monsters. They were ordinary men doing what they thought was right for their nation. And I can respect that. I have many of their grave sites pinpointed and plan on visiting a few of them each time I travel with every new trip I take to Europe.

I'll end this with an interesting but unrelated picture of my Great Grandfather (Johannes Friedrich Heinrich Badenhop) posing for a picture with his friends during the first world war.
Hes the shorter gentleman on the bottom, second from the left. He did, thankfully come home, and brought a-lot of mental scars home with him. He left for America in the early 1920's leaving most of his family behind.

Many thanks and best wishes of a happy thanksgiving
-Alexander Ross

Thanks for sharing the story here.

In the case of a a ring i think its worth to take a closer look on the rings made by our member "hapur".
In my opinion well made very close rings for a absolute fair price.

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
aus ihren Augen blitzen."
Online Content
Email address for Hapur - totenkopfrings@gmail.com.

[Linked Image from germandaggers.com]
Visit us at www.GermanDaggers.com
Contact me at Vern@GermanDaggers.com
M
M
Alexander, nice picture and welcome to the forum! Great story too, definitely worth some research. I'm guessing it would certainly be a later date, similar to the 21.6.44 ring we have pictured on the forum just posted by member cjam. It's important to remember that the recipients (post 1939) of the ss honor rings were officers of the ss with 3 years of unblemished service...so an ancestor born in 24 would certainly be one of the youngest! Maybe even a 45 ring! Also would explain its mint condition, of course! I would imagine that the dienstalterliste (maybe even the last handwritten one) would have its record. I totally appreciate your sentiment about fighting for ones country, and you're not looking at neo nazis on this forum either...we love history and think it should be preserved and respected...however, if your ancestor was in fact an HR recipient, it's possible that he had more invested in the nazi beliefs than a late war enlisted heer conscript, or a member of the volkssturm. But again, please share your story once you've got it researched... We are eager to find out about it! It would be cool if you could snag an actual peek at the ring from your family, just in case (and I am not intending to cast any doubt on your story, believe me) the engraved skull ring was of the private purchase variety...as our expert member Gaspare can attest, the skull ring was highly sought after, so some outstanding rings were bought by soldiers wanting one, and they are highly valuable and beautiful in their own right. Again, welcome and thanks for the great story, hope you get an outstanding ring! Happy thanksgiving!

I have found that it is very tough to maintain a dialog with hapur, apparently not hurting for business much, I wish you better luck than I had.

Nice pic btw, extremely clear and that wood shack is a piece of work.

Last edited by Skynyrd; 11/27/2014 08:41 PM.

Doug
I want to inform that after my first PM to harpur he has answered and we made a deal on totenkopf ring with my personal engraving. No problem here to make an order.

harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct

Am not trying to slander harpur, I know he has some happy customers and offers a decent product which is why I tried to order.
Sent about 4 pms got 1 reply and after a few weeks I finally gave up, the whole lack of response didn't seem to bode well when dealing with someone half way around the world.
In fairness maybe he was busy/unavailable I don't know. I make custom made products myself, when I get questions/ requests for orders I get right back, even if I am working 14 hours a day which I often do.

Doug
What's the reason of posting such ********?
From your first mail 10.22.14. till moment when you removed from topic 10.30.14. is one week!
10.24.14. I gave you info about what do I need to make ring and payment info.
10.26.14. you sent engraving info only. no payment, no more questions, nothing.
10.30.14.you removed yourself from topic.
Where is lack of response? If you have a question you have to ask.

#46826 - 10/22/14 02:22 AM SS ring-----Still making these ?
Skynyrd Online

Loc: Michigan

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Unread By: none
#46854 - 10/23/14 03:08 PM Re: SS ring -------- Oook, I'll take that as a no
Skynyrd Online

#46864 - 10/24/14 01:46 AM Re: SS ring ------- Hi, I still make them. Same price $80.00 shipped. I need name, date to be engraved and size.
My paypal totenkopfrings@gmail.com
hapur Online

Loc: Latvia

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#46888 - 10/25/14 11:43 PM Re: SS ring------ok ill get my ring size and get back, thank
Skynyrd Online

#46899 - 10/26/14 10:12 PM Re: SS ring ------- size 9.5 name Hans Kramer date any date WW2 say 1944
Skynyrd Online

#46963 - 10/30/14 06:21 PM Re: SS ring ------- Skynyrd has removed themself from this topic
Skynyrd Online

S
S
Nice job Hapur...Nice job...not much to say is there

John

So apparently from the 26th to 30th 5 days I hard nothing from you and gave up.
You should understand, I don't know you you don't know me, you live far away from me. It takes a leap of faith for someone to send $80 around the world based only on trust, and the only way you can reassure someone is communication. I told you the size, I told you what I wanted on it, does it take that much to figure out to say "Ok, message received, will start as soon as payment received" ? What was I to say after telling you ring size ect ..."Umm, are you still there, hellllo ??"
I heard nothing for 4 days so I gave up, as I say I make custom items myself and would expect someone to move on if I left them hanging 4 days.

I don't think you are a bad guy or a crook, I think you need to work on your communication skills is all.

Doug
I have ordered 2 rings from Hapur and was well pleased with the results. One was a size 7 for my girlfriend. He was communicative and even let me know that the sig runes would not be visible due to the small size. I also own an original SSHR an no they are not identical but with a bit of wet sanding very passable indeed. Excellent detail and workmanship. I read the above post and all I can say is. Sounds like poor communication was on the prospective customers end.

G
Online Content
G
patience is a virtue! Take it easy guys.. Some of us are used to Western ways of response the same or next day.. Just doesn't happen anymore unless your ordering Christmas gifts on line grin
To date everyone that has ordered a HR from Hapur has gotten it has been satisfied..

I think Hapur makes some of the nicest rings available. I have had one of his, made to my name and birthday, for several years. I highly recommend him. I think jim Modena, me and a few other members all ordered ours at the same time and we loved the way they came out and he does make them to your specified size.

Mark

Baught one for me some years ago and meanwhile 2 others for friends.
Never any problems and very good craftmanship
for a more than fair price.
Thanks Rich!

�Eine gewaltt�tige, herrische, unerschrockene, grausame Jugend will ich. Jugend muss das alles sein. Schmerzen muss sie ertragen. Es darf nichts Schwaches und Z�rtliches an ihr sein. Das freie, herrliche Raubtier muss wieder
Can someone post a picture of Hapur ring because Evgeniy said:

"harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct"

So who is wrong and who is right ?

A
A
Here is the TK ring hapur made for me in a step by step process on this forum.
However; I resized and reshaped the head myself and this is an after picture. The head, at least IMO was too big, and my understanding is he adjusted the size since then.
Since hapur used the correct process die striking rather then rubber mold casting which was never used as others have suggested his rings are much closer to the originals in size.
Gaspare is far more knowledgeable than I am and perhaps he'll add some information here.
These rings are again IMO a good value for the price.
Jim

Last edited by jim m; 12/02/2014 02:17 AM.
G
Online Content
G
Jims is a nice ring.. Nice deep details, thick hunky ring..
I too have heard Hapur has changed the skull a few times..
Best,,is for you Hapur to put a photo of a current ring you make.. If photo posting is a problem you can always send them to me and I'll resize and put up [email is in my profile]..

I think shortly I will delete this topic...
I will post a permanent topic to the top and list those who make copy HRs. Since Hapur is a member and has sold many to members here and probably WAF he will be listed first and recommended by the members here.

Last edited by Gaspare; 12/02/2014 04:16 AM.
R
R
Originally Posted By: Evgeniy
harpurs ring not correct in scale size, it bigger
and scull not correct

In spite of that my preferred one to daily wear.

Ric

I'm waiting for my ring (hope get it next week). Will post pics for sure.

wink

abele.jpg (102.19 KB, 1181 downloads)

2 Ric Ferrari
I show nice copy http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=301255#Post301255
Its full autentic copy and its super copy

Last edited by Evgeniy; 12/02/2014 07:36 PM.
Give us the source....

I lost contacts, but have one more copy...
If you need ask me to P.M.

G
Online Content
G
guys I get a lot of emails asking where to get a good copy HR to wear. So this topic has some good questions and answers, also a good link to another topic showing copies.

So this will be at the top now. Anyone has a copy HR to show, or a link to other copies you are more than welcome to add them here for discussion..

Hapur is the man here on this forum offering really good quality TK ring personalized for a reasonable price of $80 shipped. His servis is perfect and fast. I highly reccomend him. Below is my TK ring which was made with the speed of light. THANK YOU HAPUR !!!

IMG_8229.JPG (54.19 KB, 992 downloads)
IMG_8230.JPG (57.94 KB, 963 downloads)
IMG_8231.JPG (52.7 KB, 951 downloads)
IMG_8232.JPG (54.62 KB, 931 downloads)
M
M
Nice ring, gottlieb. Enjoy!

B
B
Gottlieb, can the date or name be personalized?

Weapons Collector
GDC Badge #0136
Yes, Hapur asks what do you want to have engraved.

S
S
I emailed Hapur this morning and he responded very quickly with photos and pricing info. 80 is correct. Looks nice. I will be ordering later today. Need to get my finger measured. Will post pic of ring when I get it.

G
Online Content
G
Here is a site with many repros/fantasy rings on it..

Take a look,,imagine how some would look with aging,,or made to look ground dug etc..

Also to pick up some cool 'wearer' rings!

http://nazihistory.eu/

Last edited by Gaspare; 01/16/2015 06:52 AM.
S
S
I paid Hapur Monday evening and he emailed to tell me he will mail my ring on Thursday! I will post pics when I get it. I can't wait.

S
S
I must strongly disagree with Skynyrd. I emailed Hapur asking about price, size and skull size choice and received an email the same day advising that he would need to know what I want engraved and which skull size (of two) and he provided pictures of the skulls to choose from. I took about a week to get to the local jewelry store to get my finger measured so no fault of Hapurs and then emailed him that i need a size 12.5 and what I wanted engraved and sent payment Monday. Monday afternoon he emailed back that he had received my payment and info and would mail my ring Thursday. Yesterday, only two days after payment, he sent me an email that my ring would go out today and included a picture of the engraving on my ring. Absolutely communicative and awesome. I cannot wait to get it. smile

Hey, it is what it is, no need to keep flogging a dead horse.
My experience was not good, yours and most others was, great. I can only speak for myself. Maybe there was a communication breakdown, maybe he learned the importance of answering questions and returning messages promptly.

Doug
S
S
Skynyrd, yes it could be a learning curve or a communication breakdown. Perhaps after I get mine and post pics you may give him another try. Thats what free market economy is all about. I am just chomping at the bit to get mine!
Harry

Props to Hapur, I know he does good work and no doubt is a talented, honest man.

Doug
G
Online Content
G
Harry,,if you don't mind please show us the ring when it arrives! thanks..

Heres a site with a ring section. The usual stuff seen on US and German eBay etc. Also HRs,,and a service,,they can make/reproduce any ring that you have!

http://www.totls.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=34

P
P
not the easiest people to deal with, in my opinion. mike

S
S
Got my ring. Looks awesome, fits great. Thank you Hapur. Will post pic tomorrow.

That ring was so good Harry got laid and forgot to post pics.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,260,983 SS Bayonets
1,759,975 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,263 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Imperial Navy daggers
by Baz69 - 03/16/2024 11:46 AM
Nazi pennon?
by Stephen - 03/16/2024 10:45 AM
Helmets to Pots...
by Fitzer - 03/15/2024 09:53 PM
Tank Tread Skull Ring
by Stephen - 03/14/2024 06:34 PM
Some Rings
by Gaspare - 03/11/2024 11:36 PM
Latest New Posts
Private purchase skull rings
by Gaspare - 03/19/2024 12:04 AM
F Dula with a twist
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 03/18/2024 09:19 PM
Some Rings
by Gaspare - 03/18/2024 01:58 PM
Euthanasia'
by Dave - 03/18/2024 12:11 PM
M40 helmet info.
by Dutchman - 03/17/2024 03:37 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,643
Posts328,600
Members7,494
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jonesy, C. Wetzel-20609, Dave, Mikee, Eric26, Vern, Gaspare), 229 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod