Just received the following email tonight on an item I was purchasing on layaway from a collector in Australia.

Today at 9:23 PM

"I'm affraid ive got some bad new's regarding the RK platter. My home was burgled & quite a few valuable item's were stolen.
I know who it was as i used to deal with a guy who's done time in jail for various offence's. I broke off with him early last year for that reason but he would have my address from a box he had some of my battlefield relic's in.
Now ive lost out unless the police can recover anything but i will make sure you don't loose your money. It's no fault of your's this happened so i will have to raise the $360 you have paid & refund to you asap.
Sorry mate i was holding off to see if the crook would be dumb enough to have it still in his possesion. He know's a lot of collector's so has chosen item's he know's are worth money.
Sorry for the bad new's:-\
Tom."

The item was originally sold by germanwarbooty.com:

Description
X692. Large Serving Tray by WELLNER from The New Reichskanzlei in Berlin. Nice looking Large Serving Tray by WELLNER from The New Reichskanzlei in Berlin. This piece has the proper markings being serial numbered (156556), model numbered (WELLNER 120) as well as having the National Eagle with "RK" monogram with the finish on this example having a good amount of bubbling as the piece appears to have been exposed to intense heat likely during the attack on the site during the final days of the war when massive destruction was caused to the building during the final attack by Soviet Forces with the Reichskanzelei being the site where Hitler committed suicide. This piece measures 25 by 16 1/2 inches.

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/item-other/other%20x692.htm

The item is easily identifiable from the photos and the serial number: 156556
I have bought a lot from fellow members of this forum, but this is a first for me. I am really disappointed, especially for the seller.

Please keep an eye out for this stolen item?

Thank you,

Rhys

Last edited by Rhys; 02/09/2014 05:06 PM.

Rhys
(pronounced as in "Reese's Pieces")