Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#273696 11/11/2012 04:56 AM
M
OP Offline
M

ATTENTION MEMBERS AND FRIENDS----BELOW IS THE LASTEST EMAIL FROM GASPARE----IT IS A VERY SAD SITUATION FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY----PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP IN THIS TIME OF NEED HIS MAILING ADDRESS IS
GASPARE BUA
58 WARWICK ROAD
ISLAND PARK NY 11558

It's 12 days with no Nat.Gas, no water, no Elec.! , we managed to save some clothes but no where to wash them!..
My wife must be at work at the hospital by Monday... They might give us an unfinished studio Apt. so she can be close to work. We're hopeing there is a laundry there as they have full power there and everything.. My parents, daughters, and my son/grandson all safe but far from home, living in small spaces and anxious to get back...

My shop got hit with 4 ft water. All the stock gone or damaged, same with my tools. The 4 investment bikes are ruined, 2 customer bikes ruined [I owe them each a $10k bike! - Most of my collection gone,,just not there!, blown away or out when the tide went out!

Gasoline,,,1 hr away there is no problem getting gas! The Rockaways,,Coney Island,, Brighton Beach,,Long Beach ,Oceanside,and me [Island Park] ,even with odd/even rationing there are 2 hr line IF a station has gas.. The crooks are staling Gens. like crazy. Nat.Guard protect food,water,and the charities for us.

My home is just a roof and exterior walls. Seawater and raw sweage all thru it. Working everyday to clean and disinfect. Start at 8a.m. and by 3:30 I'm shot. Eat with the Army guys breakfast/lunch every day,,great group and they really care and help...
Doesn't look like there is much 'start up' money from our flood companies. Last year they fronted us 10K to start but this year because of so much damage they said $3K!..I don't even know where my hot water heater is! , burner and all appliences either not there anymore or damaged. Power Authrority condemed my house wireing and main panel today! thats probably $5 K right there when and IF we can even get a lic. electrition!.. Contractors are going to Penn. and Deleaware to get boilers/burners etc. Every gas meter in my town must be replaced. When they all are we will have Nat.Gas,,estimated time,5 days! IF everything works out right and no leaks when they test.

PLEASE, do not donate to the RED CROSS!. They get millions and give us donated water/blankets..

I'm at hospital now on their internet as we still don't have, and even the cell phones act weird at our town...

IF there is topic on the forums you guys can go right ahead and post this so all will know the terrible conditions we're living in with no real projected end in site for thr hard hit areas.

Hopefully this apt will be the answer for us for a couple months and I'll have a warm place to hang out heads....Thanks,G.

M
M
You don't know me, but my prayers and thoughts are with you in this horrible time. Good luck Gaspare. Mike

A true American horror story and a sad commentary on the woeful response to the disaster by most government agencies at all levels. Thankfully, Gaspare and his family are safe. Everything else is replaceable, but painful. I must agree with him about the Red Cross.I don't know if The Salvation Army is on the scene, but it is a much more worthwhile organization for your donations and contributions. Hang in there, Gaspare. It's no consolation, I know, but many have been through the same and worse. There is a tomorrow and you and yours can put this tragedy behind you.

Gaspare...our prayers are for you and your family at this time..

Lou Bell
M
OP Offline
M
ATTENTION PLEASE
THIS IS GASPARE'S PAYPAL ACCOUNT PLEASE BE SURE TO SEND FUNDS AS PERSONAL AND A GIFT THEREFORE HE WILL NOT INCUR ANY FEE'S IF YOU PREFER TO MAIL A DONATION BELOW IS HIS ADDRESS ALL HIS MAIL WILL BE PICKED UP BY HIM AT THE POST OFFICE ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED HIS CHILDREN ARE GROWN AND HE DOES HAVE A GRANDSON CLOSE TO A YEAR OLD ALL ARE SAFE "GOD BLESS YOU ALL

PAYPAL INFO IS
Gtbua@aol.com

ADDRESS IS
GASPARE BUA
58 WARWICK ROAD
ISLAND PARK NY 11558

I just sent him some money. Who else is going to join in ?

http://www.Worlddaggers.com
Founder

GDC Gold 0024
I did yesterday a small amount and hope his distress is soon over and the rebuild started

PAUL

P
P
Originally Posted By: Bob Rodgers
Who else is going to join in ?

I think Canadians are taking the lead ;), good luck my friend, God Bless.

I've joined in.

John

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.
S
S
Done directly several days ago.
Seiler

Even being unemployed beats losing everything...

I'm glad to be able to contribute something for "one of our own." Gaspare has given us all so much of his time and knowledge over the years!

Sincerely,

Bill Warda

Having gone thru Katrina, he is absolutely right about the Red Cross. Money on the way and good luck !!!

Urban B Martinez Jr
M
M
Me too

Sent mine thru paypal yesterday and post on a different place.This shoulld be repost everyday to bring it to the top

You know you're over the hill when "Happy Hour" means Nap Time

S
S
The Red Cross is a racket. My town went through a tornado in 08. They handed out cheap brooms and mops with the worst plastic bucket I have ever seen. I wouldn't give them the sweat off mybutt.
The people that really helped were a Buddist society from Taiwan that came to town and gave folks with home damage $250.00 and $500.00 to people that lost their homes. A Baptist group that helped people with food and clothing and a couple of others that I can't remember now. The Red Cross was a joke. Everybody was ran out of town for a week there wasn't any electricity any way. I slipped back into town with water and dug out my camping gear and staid to guard my home and property from theives. It was a good thing that I did as I caught a crude trying to break into my garage and buttstroked him with a 303 Brit bolt action removing the teeth on the left side of his face and broke the fingers on both of his hands so he wouldn't come back.
You have to take care of yourself and your family when crap happens. My wife was safe with my son and his family in a small town 5 miles from our home.

Last edited by SteveRay; 11/14/2012 11:02 PM.

"Insanity is heriditary. You get it from your kids." Quote from Ronald Regans diary.
Gaspare,

$$$$$ on the way...(paypal !!!!)
In our prayers......

Lou Bell
Sent something through paypal, to a real friend. also asked if there is anything he needs sending in a package so will let you all know if he manages to reply.

Always buying Blood Orders.
E
E
bump

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. And remember the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Sorry to be late in helping a friend.

"This hobby is a continuing education"
Looking for Walther Model 8 #727649
and Walther PP #975557
R
RFI Offline
R
I though I had problems but they are nothing compared to this, just sent a bit, sorry I can not send more!
Bob

Donation sent. Don't know fully what you are going through but all the best wishes for the future.

Ian

An interesting tidbit that I picked up this year from a friend who sends out an e-mail on charities to me every year around this time.

Here is an excerpt from the e-mail (and I have no doubt that it is directionally accurate, but not necessarily factually):

'As you open your pockets for yet another natural disaster, keep the following information in mind.

We have listed the charities from the highest (worst paid offender) to the lowest (least paid offender).

The worst offender, for the 11th year in a row is UNICEF, whose CEO receives $1,200,000 per year, plus a Rolls Royce for his exclusive use wherever he goes, and an expense account that is rumored to be well over $150,000.

Only pennies from the donations go to the UNICEF cause (less than $0.14 per dollar of income).

The second worst offender this year is Marsha J. Evans, President and CEO of the American Red Cross.

Her salary for the year ending in 2009 was $651,957 plus expenses. She enjoys 6 weeks fully paid holidays including all related expenses during the holiday trip for her and her husband and kids, and 100% fully paid health & dental plan for her and her family….for life!

This means out of every dollar they bring in, about $0.39 goes to charity causes.'

Kinda reinforces Gaspare's gripe about the Red Cross. I stopped donating to those greedy sons of unmarried mothers a while back.. the Salvation Army and Doctors Without Frontiers get my money now.

John

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,472 SS Bayonets
1,760,278 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,745 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (AntonGrabbe, Seppi, Dave, AndyRose, Documentalist, Tanker, Nietzsche), 458 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod