Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dennys, everyone believes that their items should rate top dollar.You may find that special someone who has more money than sense who will pay $9000.00 for a period Bronze, and good for the person who can get that.Unfortunately, paying that kind of money only means you scare away 95% or higher of the people who would like to jump into the collecting game.

I will assume that you took the $11,000 you were offered for the dagger, and if not, why?

I am glad you like bargains.Those of us who buy and sell for a living DO give plenty of 'breaks' to collectors here, sometimes to our detriment when the Euro dealers surreptitiously buy our items than jack overseas collectors for 5-10x the amount.There are great items to be had here, and many friends to be made.

I have handled many, many period bronzes, and busts, and sculpture, and Allach and am quite familiar with what the average and common piece will go for in our market.

I bought the bust for $400.00 yes, but i did not have to go through 10 middlemen and pay inflated European prices based on how much effort the seller expended to come here and buy it.

It will be for sale at the Max, alongside a period (albeit smaller) marble bust of Goering, for $2500, if you wish to inspect it.

P
P
quote:
Originally posted by Dennys Jorret:
quote:
Originally posted by Pat:
Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, what a fantastic bronze figurine. Eek
Great details and crafmanship, a real piece of art.

Yours and the one sold by Jesper are indeed, very different and have nothing in common.

NOTHING IN COMMON?
Both statues are identical and original. Some have better quality wich does not mean the other is a repro. May I remember that even decorations had their pattern of quality extremly deteriorated as the war progressed.
You'll have to excuse me but everytime I read something from you I desagree, that when you are not saying "gee...that's a nice item" with nothing tecnical to add to any discussion.
At least to this thread you said Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Something rather new I guess.
Are you an expert on everything or may be an expert in nothing?
But congratulation you earned another post!
Thank you.

I just arrived from work a few minutes ago and poured myself a nice glass of wine. I'm now all relax to respond. Wink
First of all, thanks to you both (Jesper and Gaspar) for your good words. Smile
Second, I think that you have it all wrong Dennys.
I wasn't refering to your bronze figure, which no one can really appreciate since the pic is so bad, eventhough it is worth $ 9000. Eek

I was simply referring to the bronze figurine bought by Hakan......NOT YOURS.

We are also entiltled to our opinion and if someone doesn't want to hear what we think.....well, don't post any of your stuff in the first place.
This is a public forum for everyone to enjoy and learn.
My intention was in no way to descredit your bronze and neither did I ever said that it was fake.
I'm still a novice when it comes to Allach or bronze and would surely like to learn more about it.
I'm mostly just a dagger collector and would like to expand my interest into other fields.

That's all I had to say !

God Bless

Pat
P/S: By the way, the wine is good. Big Grin

Hakan81 Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to thank everyone for posting on this topic ! Lots of thoughts and opinions and thats all this great site is about, we just all have to accept others opinions & thoughts even if we think they are not our own, we all have different opinions from time to time.
Regarding my AH statue I have bought it under the impression that it was a repro, if itīs an original piece thats great. No matter what I have decided to keep this anyway, I paid $300 for it and think it is a very good display piece
among my other collectibles that you have seen from time to time on the site.
I agree 100% that mine dosent have such fine details as the other two, maybe they are repros instead Big Grin Wink Roll Eyes
but I think there is a chance anyway that this is a period piece with a lack of details
because it looks so old and patinated with an hands on inspection, but hey I am no expert and never seen such a piece before, just other
bronze sculptures. No matter what I love it and that is all that counts in the end Wink

Once again thanks for posting !!
Have a great weekend all of you !!
Best, Hakan

Neither of the statues look bronze the first looks like bronze washed spelter as does the last one ,I take it they both way a ton ? if you scratch them somewhere unseen is it a bronze colour ,a magnet wont stick to bronze ,Rob

Hakan81 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Rob !
Yes it has a bronze color and no itīs not magnetic. Itīs 28cm high and weighs 1086 gram.
Best, Hakan

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,722 SS Bayonets
1,762,114 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,079 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Tanker - 04/18/2024 08:08 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Overslept a development???
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/18/2024 01:13 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,032
Members7,517
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
16 members (ojje, C. Wetzel-20609, benten, Documentalist, Stephen, Gaspare, Tanker, Nietzsche, maybarker, The_Collector, Don Scowen, equirhodont, Ric Ferrari, Babini, stingray, den70), 667 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod