Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not at the MAX this year so I am relegated to sit at my computer and search the globe for "stuff".

If everyone was home they would have beat me to it.

While everyone else was walking the aisles, I was drinking coffee this morning and up popped this baby...with a "BUY IT NOW". So...I DID!

E-bay item #260167770867

Stole the thing...no weapons involved either!

Mark Big Grin

ebay_Frederick_the_Great.JPG (21.03 KB, 429 downloads)
N
N
Holy Cow Mark!!
One can only assume that you have an intimate knowledge of Allach to buy this from E-Bay.
Very nice but I can just see my cats knocking it off the shelf!
Would love to see pics of your collection.

Tom
GDC Gold Badge # 0062
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is some Tom...I have this piece already and the new one is missing the riding crop..but an easy fix since it is a separate piece.

Mark

DSCN0790_(Medium).jpg (60.15 KB, 414 downloads)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark

Nice piece...what it worth if you paid that kind of money for it...looks like a killer piece.

TOM

N
N
Very nice, and some were produced with a colored glaze and some were not? And why?Just preference?

Tom
GDC Gold Badge # 0062
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally speaking, the colored pieces were for sale to the public (there were some notable exceptions) and the white ones were for presentation to SS members for special occasions.

In my thinking, any mounted rider under $10,000.00 that has no serious problems is under market price. Dennis has the painted version for sale on his Allach site for $16,000.00 at present.

Mark

M
M
Hello Mark,

You have a very fine collection of Allach mounted riders.

By the way have you seen Lot 3080 in the coming Hermann Historica 53.Auktion, october 18 ?
(There is fantastic colored Gardehusar figur in perfect condition).

Happy hunting!

Philippe
www.majorplm.com

C
C
Mark - Congratulations! You let your fingers do the walking and you saved yourself a few thousand dollar$ Big Grin

Mark, I just got back from the Max and not much Allach available which I was surprised. I talked to Dennis and the Russians bought a lot from him. I did well buying before the MAX or in your case on Ebay. Congrats!

Online Content
Congratulations Mark, you need to be on the spot for these buy it now items.

Cheers
Don

"Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it"

Galadriel, LotR.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philippe, I wish I could afford that rider you pictured but the fall of the dollar is killing me as opposed to other currencies. That is a spectacular piece and I would love to have it.

Don...as I was watching the screen that rider just popped up and I quickly compared the one I own to that one and make contact with the seller. It was a once in 5 years buy I think. Having one from Dennis that I was able to study for a year or so made it somewhat easier than if it was a shot in the dark though. I knew what to look for from every angle thank goodness.

I appreciate your kind comments!

Mark Big Grin

P
P
Mark, congratulation on a fantastic piece of Allach.
I came back from the Max last night and did spend a couple of hours with Dennis and did learn much from him about Allachs.
However, the longer I stayed with Dennis and the more I wanted to buy Allachs. Big Grin
Dennis is a true gentleman and was glad to make his acquaintance.
I was very fortunate to be able to go to his room during the show and see the collection he had just sold to a Russian client.
In his room, I witness some of the finest Allachs pieces in the world and will probably never get a chance to see those pieces again.
Eek
Among the Allachs he had, I saw the SS Flag bearer, the highlight of the German craftmanship.
I was very glad to have a chance to actually hold that piece in my hands as there are only 2 known in the world, so I don't think that I'll be seeing it any sooner.

Did buy couple of Allachs from Dennis though and they were for my wife, as she really loves porcelain allach. As for me, well, I'm still a dagger collector at heart and did get some very fine pieces for my own collection. Cool

52.jpg (73.09 KB, 313 downloads)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Patrice!

I soo much want those two daschunds you have! I have searched high and low and always lost out at the last minute on the ones I saw. I have a Bassett hound (French hound, you know) and she looks just like these that you have. I really think the white ones are nicer than the colored ones too. Congratulations!

Mark Big Grin

Mark,

Sweet fancy Moses !!! Smile Eek Wink I see you've had a very productive weekend indeed.
(something of an understatement, heh) Big Grin

... and the beetle too?? aye carumba!

Pat and I both scored some nice pieces between us. Patrice, that is a lovely collection!

Mr. Mark, keep up the excellent work ... Smile

Best regards to all!

Bill

Ps Kris, thanks for your help.

kaernerram3sm.jpg (36.16 KB, 255 downloads)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that is a magnificent piece bill. Kris told me about it and that piece you sold him? I was awestruck to see it.

Thanks again for this little fellow. You know it was buggin' me until I got one! HEH HEH!

Rosenthal_dung_beetle.JPG (15.44 KB, 243 downloads)
A
A
Hello dear Collectors,

thanks for the nice pictures of your beautiful pieces!! I guess I fell already in love with the rider figurines Smile - they are amazing!!

Patrice: you must have seen something very rare as well - did you take pics of this SS-flagbearer?
I am so curious how he looks in natural - obviously I will just have to love him as well... Wink

Many thanks again!

P
P
Alexandra,

Actually, my very good friend Kris L did take some pictures of the Allach flag bearer but it will be posted on another forum. Wink

With Kris permission, I will post the pictures of the flag bearer that was taken in Dennis's room.

P
P
These are all the pics that I could get and they're a bit small.
I'm sitting around the "amazing" table Eek with Dennis Porell.
A rare sight and was really happy that I was invited in. Wink

55.jpg (69.11 KB, 165 downloads)
P
P
All gone to Russia !
Lucky dude ! Cool

56.jpg (66.55 KB, 166 downloads)
A
A
Oh, thank you Pat!

These must be the crown of Allach, I guess Eek Eek Eek!

Will they be in a museum?

How far away has the germanic folk politically been pushed away from that time and craftmanship when still today the former enemies are obsessed to own their former beauties... Frown

MW Offline
This saddens me to see these beautiful pieces go to Russia, of all places. What a shame ..

MW

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,758 SS Bayonets
1,762,632 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,643 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Latest New Posts
3rd reich cards/photos
by Dean Perdue - 04/24/2024 07:31 PM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:28 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by benten - 04/23/2024 12:49 PM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/23/2024 10:02 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,053
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (Vik, polop, Mikee, A. Martin, The_Collector, Don Scowen), 870 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod