Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
We have 4 Reservist mugs we were given by a WWII vet who has now passed on. We are in the process of selling 4 of them as we have a few and are willing to let these ones go. In the collection we have an Artillery mug from the 1st battery 1st Nass 27th Wiesbaden Oranien in perfect condition no CRACKS OR BLEMISHES (see pictures) and a calvary stein it says " 1897 andenken a.m. Dienstzeit b.d.2. Esc.2 Rh.hus.Rgt. No9 Strassburg 1900" and a Stein marked pioneer BN 14 from Kehl Am Rhein and my favovorite of the lot a Infantry Stein marked "10th COMP INFR LEIB RGT GROSLHERZOGIN 3. GROLSH HESS NO 117 MAINZ". Each of these stein are 100 years or older all are perfect no cracks repairs or blemishes. i mean these things are near mint. We are trying to get a good estimate on the value so we can get a fair market price. Attached are a few pics of the lot. please let us know what we can get for them that way we don't get burned. We appreciate your time on this and if you are interested as well let us know.

reservistmugs.snapfish.com/comcast

Generally these items sell in the US for $250.00 to $500.00 each depending on the unit and condition. What might appear to you to be perfect could have several flaws if you know what and how to look for.
They have NOT appreciated in value anywhere close to the way that Third Reich collectables have in the last few years. A nice stein that was worth say $250.00 ten years ago may be worth $350.00 today. That's not much in the way of appreciation in 10 tears, like 5% per year or so.
They are colorful and beautiful items that folks 'ooh' and 'ahh' over but when it comes time to pony up the money many just move along and buy a Nazi dagger or helmet or some such.

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks for the reply... I looked at some auctions, so I know what you mean about some of the more common ones not going for much. We did see some, however that were from some of the same regiments as ours that went for $1-2000. That's why we posted this to see if there was anymore input or knowledge on the ones we have. As far as condition, the only thing is some fading on the writing, but the guy we got them from had them sittin in a cabinet for the last 20 years, so besides that there are no chips cracks bends, or anything of that nature. I know what you mean though about actually going through with a purchase, but we were hoping to draw a buyer that was into the earlier militaria or into steins in general. Thanks again for you post!

I'm sure not trying to 'rain on your parade' but just think they are not worth that kind of money.
Sometimes strange things happen in auctions; I'd like to see which auctions you're talking about because, in my opinion, the steins you pictured are not in that price range.
Possibly you're confusing an opening bid amount(set by the consignor) with the actual hammer price?

C
OP Offline
C
Here is the website http://www.tsaco.com/ and I was looking at SOLD prices not opening bid prices. That is not how the website works. I am familiar how auctions run. If you look closely at one of the steins, you will see that it is from the Leib. Regiment, and other steins in the same condition sold for over a thousand dollars. That one I am sure of the price, and one of the other calvary ones sold for close to that as well. The main thing we wanted to do it get some more information on all of them and some more input on pricing.

[QUOTE]If you look closely at one of the steins, you will see that it is from the Leib. Regiment, and other steins in the same condition sold for over a thousand dollars./QUOTE]

It's not THE Leib Regiment it's A Leib Regiment and Leib Regimental steins are not that scarce. You'll also find most steins are far less than a thousand dollars. I wish you well with your quest but think you'll find your price estimates to be overly optimistic.

Andre and Gary (who run TASCO) are honorable individuals. Send your pictures to them and get an estimiate.

After marketing them provide us with an update; again, I wish you well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,762 SS Bayonets
1,762,142 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,105 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 09:30 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Overslept a development???
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/18/2024 01:13 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,033
Members7,517
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (polop, derjager, wotan, Mikee, stingray, Dean Perdue, Fitzer, Vern, Eric26), 726 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod