Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Guys, I really did not know a correct place to discuss these, but I seem to have hit the Mother Lode on Original Nazi Books. I hope someone on here can check out the pictures and let me know just what I have found. I am not and really never have been a big collector of Paper items other than the occasional dagger catalogue reprint. But I am now the proud owner of a ready made collection!! Eek I was like that when this old guy started dragging all this stuff in Big Grin and now I am in the dark as to what it is worth and what to do with it. I am going to keep some of it but I am sure there will be a LOT I am going to sell somewhere!! So Let me know what you think and help me out! Smile RG88

R
OP Offline
R
There are 14 copies of this one!

books006.jpg[/IMG]

R
OP Offline
R

OK, There you go, Let me know what you Think!!
RG88

Very cool..some are reprints, but the signals are always a great source of period imagery..

R
OP Offline
R
Kursk, Be specific please! Which ones do you think are reprints? I am holding them in my hands and feeling them and so on and I can assure you that they are Originals! RG88

Hi RG..the large Eickhorn catologue and it's associated price list are mid 60's reprints of the original items..the covers emphasizing the swastikas were an attempt to spice up an otherwise plain mono colour cover.

R
OP Offline
R
Hi Kursk,

I assume you are talking about this one?

and this associated Price list?

I can COMPLETELY Warranty that they are NOT Reprints--And--They are not Eickhorn catalogues, but instead, An F.W. Assmann Catalogue with a Matching Price List!! I have seen one of the Reprints of this catalogue back in the 60's. But it was much smaller and the price list was incorporated in the Soft Cover binding with the catalogue. This one is LARGE (23 X 32 cm)and HARDBOUND!

R
OP Offline
R
Here are the first pages of the Catalogue...

And the Price List...

But there is an Original Eickhorn Kundendienst in the pile...

With all the color plates and a price list Intact!!...

I really still don't have any ideas of the values on these things!! anybody got any Idea? PLEASE?

R
OP Offline
R
Hi Everybody Again, I just want to make it said and everyone understand!! I am NOT OFFERING THESE ITEMS FOR SALE HERE!! Eventually, after I gather some INFORMATION on what I have, I may list some of this stuff for sale--BUT--If I have any interest from here, I will send in the money and list them for sale in the proper forum. I understand how this website operates and have NO intention of not supporting it!!

RG88

S
S
Those look original to me.

-serge-

I
I
Very interesting collection. But I have no idea of the worth, unfortunatly. The daggers are worth quite a bit. I am sure that you know more about that than me. Good luck, Ian.

R
OP Offline
R
Many Thanks, Ian!! Smile Even an "I don't Know" is better than the stoney silence around here!! I guess I haven't been here long enough to be worth a comment or part of the group. Confused Frown Wink Big Grin

RG88

R
OP Offline
R
SmileHello again all! I did have one of the guys from here email me and offer me the princely sum of $500 for Everything Eek Mad Big Grin I told him I would have to think about it and he advised me to not think too long or "somebody" would try to rip me off! Eek Razz RG88

I would say forget it.

I need photos of the luft dagger, but I would say that will be well over $500 and the magazines and others probably $5 ato $10 per.

Before anyone can give you an honest offer, you must photo and catalogue everything.

Otherwise, perhaps $500 is ok.
Jim

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the comment Jim! But one thing I HAVE found out is that just ONE of the NSDAP Orginization books is worth between $900.00 - $1500.00!! Just from checking around on some Dealer sites!! I have TWO of those in the pile, 1937 and 1943!! If you don't even consider the daggers, $500 is a fraction of what just those 2 Books are worth!! I have been fooling around with the daggers and such since the late 50's! So I don't like being treated like some rube that just fell off the truck!!

(NOT YOU I AM REFFERING TO)

I DO sincerely appreciate ALL the comments I have recieved so far in public view, Thank you all!

EXCELSIOR!! RG88

G
G
We just had a small disussion about the Assmann catalogs on another forum. Yours are originals.

S
S
Well you got a $500 offer from "someone" for everthing? Did that include the daggers also??? Confused

"Tell me it ain't so" Eek Razz

-serge-

My bad..i referred to them as Eickhorn when in fact they are Assman..! Wink

I will still posit that the cover is not what was shown on the original, and it did come in a monochromatic cover.

The 1943 org book, is the scarcest, but the last one i had for sale, that was not in my collection, was offered here for $435.00, from an Ortsgruppenleiters library, and it took weeks to sell and only then at a discount.

I think the 1936 is the one i would choose however..!

R
OP Offline
R
Hey Serge,

YES, It is so!! The daggers weren't specifically mentioned but the offer was for "Everything"!! Roll Eyes I could not believe it myself. Mad I really do hope that this doesn't happen to every Newbie who pops up with stuff to be identified on this forum, that would be a real shame! A black Eye to every one of us who honestly seek to help out folks when the drop in here. I have already recieved a panicked E-mail from the person begging me / Threatening me not to drop his name and I gave him an earful. I won't mention his name, BUT, I will be watching him for a while. I thought about ripping him off here but his status is such that I truly believe he would be believed over me in any case, and I don't want to start anything that would just end up causing me grief and getting me banned or something. Eek Frown

And so it goes!

Excelsior.....RG88

S
S
Hi Railgun,
I figured it "was so". Frown

This is not the first time this has happened here and it won't be the last. Your obviously a "veteran" of the hobby but "somebody" mistook you for "newbie meat". Razz Since nobody in their right mind would make that kind of silly offer to an experienced collector since it's just a pure insult. Mad Just the hangers on your GO dagger are worth an easy $500. Eek

OK now that we've established a "value base" can I offer you 50% more? Eek Eek Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

(Administration this is only a joke and not a true offer to buy said items without them being listed in the proper forum. ) Big Grin

Regards,
-serge-

R
OP Offline
R
Hi again all, I have had several requests to post the daggers that came with this pile and asked about my Avatar. My avatar is an SA Honor dagger and yes, I do own the dagger as well as the photo. Here are some pics of it, AND NO it is not for sale!!

S
S
Based on your pics,your SA "Honor Dagger" is a fake.
Wrong crossguards,blade etched/simulated damascus. Frown etc etc....
Seiler (Yank in UK

R
OP Offline
R
Hi Seiler,

Thanks! But.....

#1 I know!

#2 I Don't Care!

#3 It makes a nice display and Avatar!

#4 I Already said I am not trying to sell it!

#5 I did not ask for an Opinion on it!

I did ask for some opinions on this thread, Why didn't you take a shot at giving an Opinion on what I ASKED For?

Regards,

RG88

Oooooh! Testy!! Razz

If you want to criticise someone first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when they come after you, you'll be a mile ahead and they'll be barefoot.
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Terry,

Testy? Not at all!! I said thanks, yes? Just stating some facts that may save others some time. Did not mean to come off Terse, I really didn't! Smile There is Really no need to spend time debating the Obvious! RG88

S
S
There is an English expression that describes
your response adequately. Big Grin Big Grin
Seiler (Yank in UK)

Hi RG88. The Honour Dagger set up looks very nice. Is the case a copy as well? Whatever, it is, as you say, a great display piece.

If you want to criticise someone first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when they come after you, you'll be a mile ahead and they'll be barefoot.
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Guys,

Seiler, See how you are! Now I have to guess! Is it something like "Balloons"? Terry, actually The Case, The scabbard, The Chain, and the grip, are all Original! The only things that are bad are the crossguards and the blade. I have looked for a nice original blade for years. By this time, unfortunately, I probably couldn't afford one if I found it!!RG88

I guess including the honor dagger and case with the rest for the $500 is out of the question. Big Grin

Railgun88, I think you should mention who made the offer. It looks a little boring on the forums otherwise.

Jim

R
OP Offline
R
No Jim, You are quite correct! Razz But here is one I AM asking for opinions on!! please, Sieler, NOW let me know what you think! Wink This one was with the books. I know it is a common, but it has been a LONG time since I have seen one this Pristene! Any guesses on a Value for a 2nd Luft like this one.:

Many Thanks all!Wink And if there is still some interest, I will put up pics of the other two.

RG88

I
I
Thanks for posting all of you're pictures.I wish you luck with you're first question.$500 for everything? Now that is a person you can trust!! Thanks, Ian.

quote:
Many Thanks all! And if there is still some interest, I will put up pics of the other two.

I think it's a safe bet that we're all gagging to see the rest!!

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks Terry,

OK, Big Grin So, you like my Eick 2nd? Those little spots at the tip of the blade are some old oil or something and are NOT pitting, I may wipe it down and clean them off. I will take some pics of the others and put them up shortly. I am just wondering if the dags being packed in the same box with all that paper helped to preserve them some way. Confused All the dags look virtually Brand New! RG88

R
OP Offline
R
OK Guys, Here is #2, A TENO Hewer.

Here is the number under the front crossguard "7854"!

The Matching Number on the scabbard Throat!

And Just for Fun, I pulled off the grip plates and there they are!! Those cute little Eick
Squirrels!

RG88

Hello Rail,
Regarding your Organizationsbuch der NSDAP books. The 1943 copy is the scarcer of the two and will bring the higher price. However, the '43 copy was also reprinted in the late 1960's. From the pics, I can't tell if yours is orignal or not. To the best of my knowledge, the other years have never been reprinted.
Here is a link to some Org. books for sale. http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&tn=...ch+der+nsdap&x=0&y=0
(use this same site to search your other titles)

Houston had a Kundendienst for sale recently. If memory serves, he was asking somewhere between $350.-$400.

Hope this helps somewhat.
p.s. I'll bid $750. Wink

WANTED TO REPURCHASE!! Walther pistol Model PP - ac code - Ser. No. 382000P - REWARD FOR INFO ABOUT THIS PISTOL!!
quote:
I was like that when this old guy started dragging all this stuff in.

Does this mean that you have a shop?

H
H
The 1943 = 7th Edition of the Organisationsbuch is a reprint. The original does not have the SA Mann on the cover. As the Org. Book covers all Organisations, putting the profile of just one organisations member on the cover would not make sense. The other one seems to be original 1937 = 3rd edition? For the prices you stated seems a bit high.

R
OP Offline
R
Hi Terry,

No, I don't have a shop, I just ran across this gentleman in a round about way and I was talking about when he ended up unloading all this stuff at my home. Thanks Herr Wolf, I tend to agree with you on that one book. There is a lack of "browning around the page edges and it doesn't smell quite as musty as the others. I find it curious as to it being in the pile where all the others are obviously originals. I am not sure when this guy stopped collecting. Are you aware of when the reprints of that one became available?

Any Comments on The daggers I posted, Please? There was only one more that came in the pile!

Thanks again all.

RG88

F
F
quote:
Originally posted by Railgun88:
Hi Terry,

No, I don't have a shop, I just ran across this gentleman in a round about way and I was talking about when he ended up unloading all this stuff at my home. Thanks Herr Wolf, I tend to agree with you on that one book. There is a lack of "browning around the page edges and it doesn't smell quite as musty as the others. I find it curious as to it being in the pile where all the others are obviously originals. I am not sure when this guy stopped collecting. Are you aware of when the reprints of that one became available?

Any Comments on The daggers I posted, Please? There was only one more that came in the pile!

Thanks again all.

RG88

The Teno was not in the "pile" ..... but in addition to the 2nd Luft there was a Government dagger and an SS M36 .... Where are those pics, please?

Gordon

quote:
Originally posted by Railgun88:
Are you aware of when the reprints of that one became available?
RG88

See my previous post. They were available for $19.95. A few years ago, I bought one at a garage sale for $1.00 and sold it on eBay for $60.00.

Here is a picture of my original one.

orgbook_(Medium).jpg (41.26 KB, 123 downloads)

WANTED TO REPURCHASE!! Walther pistol Model PP - ac code - Ser. No. 382000P - REWARD FOR INFO ABOUT THIS PISTOL!!
R
OP Offline
R
Hi Gordon and Denny,

Gordon: The TENO WAS in the pile I acquired, just not in the first pictures. I will post the Diplomatic Next. The M-36 went straight into my collection so I may not post pics of it.

Denny: OOPS!, Sorry, I missed the "late 60's" Reference in your previous Reply. Thanks for the good pic of your Original '43! I agree that the '43 is a Reprint and I think I will hold on to it just as a reference. You also give me a good idea of Both what it sold for Originally and a current value as a reprint!! Many Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,953 SS Bayonets
1,762,186 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,170 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Latest New Posts
Frog question.
by ed773 - 04/19/2024 06:57 PM
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,037
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
10 members (den70, The_Collector, Stephen, Documentalist, Nietzsche, Jonesy, ed773, C. Wetzel-20609, polop, Dave), 995 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod