Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I JUST AQUIRED THIS BUCKLE AND WAS WANDERING WHAT ORGANISATION USED THIS?IVE READ ON THE WEHRMACHT FORUM THAT ITS A POST WAR PRODUCTION (DE-NAZIFIED)AND KNOW THAT THEY ARE VERY RARE AS IT WAS THE FIRST ONE THAT I HAVE COME ACROSS SO I HAD TO BUY IT.I HOPE SOMEONE HAS MORE INFO ON THIS BUCKLE THANKS IN ADVANCE ANDREAS

new_olc_ss1.jpg (43.51 KB, 184 downloads)
R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
and the rear of this buckle.thanks

new_olc_ss2.jpg (45.67 KB, 183 downloads)
Andreas,

These are de-Nazified buckles that were used postwar. Typically they had the swastika cut out and this sunburst plate welded over the front. This was done to all sorts of buckles and I had one of these SS buckles some 30 years ago but they are much harder to find than Army, Police, etc. reworks.

"You can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson
R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
i just found i thread on this forum ...so is this marked version rarer then the unmarked version??and does anyone know who/what organisation used this buckle?thanks

R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
thanks Ricky!,i noticed that the swas and the "meine ehre heist" was cut out...probably so i could not be converted back??thanks for your help Andreas

R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
HI AGAIN,DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THESE BUCKLES WERE EVER REPRODUCED/COPIED??AND IS THE BUILD YEAR 1945-1946??IM ASSUMING...?THANKS ANDREAS

J
J
What we know you already read it. But you should read what was wrote twice since you seem to believe the buckle you have (de-nazified) is very rare. It is NOT what you have (de-nazified) which is rare. The rare one is the pre - may 1945 SS buckle with the same marking, not de-nazified.
Most likely only just a few were used by / sold to the SS before the end of war and the vast majority ended up like the one you have. This is why one is rare but not the other.

Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Currently selling ALL my collection of SS buckles !

Gold GDC Badge # 0244 & Silver # 0302
R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
hi JP,i understand that this buckle that was not de-nazified is alot rarer than this buckle...but this is still a RARE buckle...not as rare as the untouched last model overhoff that was produced but how many have you seen for sale in the last few yaers JP??or how much info is on the net about them???how many have you seen in your collecting time??a few hundred? or juust a few?please lket me know as id like to know where i can buy another if these buckles are not "rare" as you put it.. as i have someone that would be interested in purchasing one,seeing as they are not rare you should be able to tell me where i can buy one at a reasonable price..your help in finding another one of this not so rare buckles is appriciated,Andreas.

R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
hi JP,being that my buckle is not rare(then it must be common)the price should be very reasonable or even cheap compared to "standard" SS buckles.please let me know if you know of one for sale seeing they are a common buckle.YOUR HELP IN THIS MATTER IS HONESTLY APPRICIATED!Andreas

J
J
Not been rare does not mean common as not been black does not mean be white! Obviousely you cannot order those from Amazon.com but if you search this Forum and the other one where you have also posted the same buckle, and enter (I believe) "post war Overhoff", you will find what you are looking for (maybe more than you could have expected).
To answer your question I personnaly saw three in 2007, two in 2006, three in 2005 and at least two in 2004 since it is when I bought (I believe) mine. Before that date I knew some but did not have any in my collection. Keep in mind that I am looking / screening / searching for pre-1945 SS buckles, not post war oddities! They usually do not share the same catalog / listings so most will not be revealed to me. I paid mine $50 USD and most the others I asked the price paid for were between $25 and $75 USD. So I will say average $50 USD. But for those only ONE not de-nazified (another collector is claiming having saw few others at outrageous prices (NOT de-nazified) but nothing has been confirmed with evidence.
If you believe you hit the jackpot with this buckle, I do not see any problem. You are its owner, the same that I own mine. But do not expect me to induce collectors in error, making them believe the Sacred Graal has been found.

Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Currently selling ALL my collection of SS buckles !

Gold GDC Badge # 0244 & Silver # 0302
R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
hi Jean,i think we have missunderstud each other.by you saying it was not rare i took your words litterally...but in my opinion i believe that a "rare buckle"is something that is VERY HARD to aquire...and my buckle falls into this deffinition in my opinion!!if i were to say something is very rare,well thats a totally different statement in my opinion...but me saying that this buckle is "rare" is not a wrong statement in my opinion.and no,i do not think that ive hit the holy grail or jackpot with this buckle as i only paid 100 euro for it but i do think it is worth AT LEAST what the "standard" model SS buckles are worth in good condition. i am not an expert with buckles as you know but do believe i can make fairly acurate statement on somthing after studying information which is available on the net about them...there is a difference with the terms RARE and VERY RARE but i guess that our deffinitions of this are very different!!and if you value this buckle at $50us then i would be VERY HAPPY IF YOU COULD PROVIDE ME ONE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS FOR $100 us which i would be very happy to pay seeing as they always turn up... so the next time you find this not so rare buckle for 25-75us$ you can make some money by selling 1 to me for 100$US.thanks for your clarification and i eagerly await this buckle from you as you seem to know where to find them(i only have the internet)so im genuinly interested in buying one of these from you.best regards Andreas

R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
and when i typed in post war overhoff(i did this before i posted my post)just 2 post came up with info on this buckle??both were from fotos of your post warr overhoff...and on the WWW there is next to no info on this buckle from google...just a few threads(mostly from what i have posted,and from you and 1 from the wehrmacht forum....but when you normally type in "ss buckle 822" or some other model in you will recieve HUNDREDS of hits full of information.im sorry that i think my buckle is RARE (not VERY RARE) but i draw my conclusion by common sence(what i have or have not seen on the internet in the past few years.thanks for your opinion Jean and best regars.Andreas

R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE OTHER BUCKLES LIKE THIS THAT WERE MADE POST WAR..EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT SS,PLEASE POST IF YOU HAVE ONE AS IDE LOVE TO SEE IT.best regards andreas

R
reness Offline OP
OP Offline
R
thanks for you opinion JP,without it we would not have good disscussions.i know you think this to be a buckle which is not rare (and i truly respect your very experienced opinion)which is why i asked you to sell me one or find buy one for me the next time you see one...best regards Andreas

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,267,743 SS Bayonets
1,764,698 Teno Insignia Set
1,133,725 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Austria bans also 3.Reich items
by kreta1961 - 05/13/2024 12:17 PM
WW2 Australian (RAAF) Liberator Clockwork Movie Camera
by sturmbrigade - 05/12/2024 10:42 PM
Interesting TK ring
by equirhodont - 05/12/2024 04:45 PM
Picture of vertical hanger 48/40
by kreta1961 - 05/12/2024 02:51 PM
FALSE MONEY THREADS
by wotan - 05/09/2024 02:59 PM
Latest New Posts
Big flags! Any flags! Who has them!
by Luftbud - 05/14/2024 07:29 PM
Pipes old and new
by Mikee - 05/14/2024 05:52 PM
Interesting TK ring
by Stephen - 05/14/2024 01:29 PM
Typeface/font used on SA, SS daggers.
by DAMAST - 05/14/2024 02:37 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,678
Posts329,220
Members7,533
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
10 members (Dean Perdue, Don Scowen, Matarese, The_Collector, ollar, lmrobil, stingray, Mikee, Jonesy, bushido), 221 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod