Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
ok guys, there are a few software downloads you have to install to save videos from sites that use a flash video player (flv)

the first thing to do is to go to
http://www.download.com/Riva-FLV-Player/3000-2194-10435953.html

and install a RIVA FLV PLAYER. I recommend saving to desktop so it is easy to find. you will want to "save" this file, not just "run" it.
this is the player that allows you to watch videos you have downloaded from select sites that dont allow you to "right click save"

follow the instructions, and install RIVA FLV PLAYER.

now, if I have explained this correctly, find a video on youtube such as this for example:

notice the url which you can click and paste from your browser or from the area the arrow is pointing to.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character, give him power" Abraham Lincoln
OP Offline
ok, now go to
http://keepvid.com/

(it is best to run two browsers at a time to make sure you got it)

and paste the link from the desired webpage you want to download from in the first box to the left, and then hit the dropdown tab on the right, and select the webpage, in this case, "youtube"
then hit "download"

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character, give him power" Abraham Lincoln
OP Offline
ok, after you hit "download" a link will appear, please notice. you will then want to click "save" and then save it in a place that is easy to find, once again, I allways use desktop.
the file should appear as "getvideo" and you will need to add a ".flv" (without the qoute) tags AFTER the file name!!

here is what box looks like that you have to add .flv
just move your mouse after the file name, and type it in like this.
see how it says the change the file name?!

if done correctly, when the file is done downloading, you will have a icon on your desktop (if you saved to desktop) that will be the video itself. just click on that icon, and the video will play!
if it ever gets taken down by the PC police on you tube, or the person who made that video takes it down, you will have it forever on your hardrive!

hope this helps fellas, any problems, please let me know!

I was afraid that people would have to d-load a encoder, but that is only if you wanted to rip videos, and or save them using wmv player. you should only need the player to watch, and or play these vids.

OP Offline
if this works for members, please let me know I posted this right, if there is any problems, please let me know here as well!
I am off to bed now, have to work tomm, but I will check back after work!

Good job posting the info Paul. Superbe job with the graphics. I'm sure many members will appreciate it. Additionally, keepvid.com will save videos from myspace and many others as well. There's some other online utility sites that will also save them but keepvid.com is by far the best. All must be saved as a .flv file. Good instructions and should be easy for most folks to understand.

German Sabers
Works like a charm! Thanks so much!
john

OP Offline
great to hear it works men! I was getting nervous thinking I hadnt posted correctly, its hard to see if everything worked ok, when you allready have the program installed yourself.

OP Offline
I got a email on how to do this, so I thought I would BUMP!

Thanks for the very clear instructions, Paul. Works great, but now I'd like to know how to edit a .flv file or convert it to .avi, because I really want to cut just the ball-spiking part out of this clip!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azgWTq3_dU

OP Offline
Bob, I am checking into this now, I think you will need a RLV encoder which is very simple to run. Please give me a few to lookaround, and find the proper link for encoder.
this will allow you to convert files into .wmv, and then you can use windows movie maker, and edit clip to exactly what you want, then you can save directly to hardrive, and view anytime you want. do you want the ball spike edited OUT, or just the ball spike? that clip was pretty funny!

check your pm box Bob!

Thanks Paul. Found a site that does it: http://vixy.net/ The site itself didn't work for me, but their software did.

OP Offline
update! (response from emails)
when you go to youtube, and there is no link to paste, all you have to do is hit "more info" and the paste link will appear, or you can take it from your browser.

after you click that link, this will open up, notice second arrow, and not the #10 on your screen!Smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,698 SS Bayonets
1,764,242 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,927 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Typeface/font used on SA, SS daggers.
by AfterMath - 05/07/2024 07:53 PM
SS Directory Black Book
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 04:22 PM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 01:15 AM
Welcome - New Collector Here
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/05/2024 03:40 PM
Latest New Posts
SS honor ring. 1936.
by Tanker - 05/07/2024 08:49 PM
Typeface/font used on SA, SS daggers.
by AfterMath - 05/07/2024 07:53 PM
Flare guns or pistols! Lets see them!!!!!
by BretVanSant - 05/07/2024 06:24 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Stephen - 05/07/2024 03:21 PM
Period Dies
by Gaspare - 05/07/2024 03:17 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,673
Posts329,147
Members7,527
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (BretVanSant, Jonesy, den70, Luftbud, Documentalist, seany, Gaspare), 549 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod