Yesterday I received my copy of Mr Ron Weinand's book, "Waffenleite, Presenting NPEA Daggers of the Third Reich". Not knowing just HOW to contact Mr Weinand here in the Forum, I bid on and "won" the bidding for the book on Ebay.

I have one NPEA Student's dagger that I purchased along with several other daggers from a fellow Deputy Sheriff back in Dec, 1994. I had always believed the dagger to be genuine and alas, last night while reading the book and carefully examining the dagger, I found that the dagger IS an original! WHEW!

Considering what I paid for the dagger in '94, it was a real revelation that I had NOT been "screwed" and I have the "real thing"!

Though I had read Mr Weinand's first book prior to the purchase of that NPEA, I still was not 100% sure. The first book, though a good source book, is a bit too general whereas the new book leaves NOTHING to the imagination whatsoever!

I would suggest to the members here that if they do have an NPEA that is, well, sort of "if'y", that you contact Mr Weinand, a Forum member, and get yourself a copy of the outstanding book. If you are looking to obtain an NPEA, by all means GET THE BOOK! I must say that of all the books that I have on daggers, etc, this is one of the most complete and all inclusive that I have.

Rather pay a grand or more for a questionable piece or be RIGHT? With this book, you WILL be RIGHT!(Mr Weinand will more than likely sign the book too as he did for me!)

Regards, Lloyd deForest