Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
A friend of mine has been ripped off by a Sir Gregory who says he is in the US.

Is this one of those spammers we have discussed?

Jim

S
S
i don`t know who he is either, but i wish he`d stop sending me e-mails. my spam box is full of them!!.

L
L
I`m not sure if a search of the forum will bring anything up now because many postings have disappeared but....."sir gregory" is well known to be a person of ill repute.

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
A
A
His name is Greg Zuraski and he is a "militaria" dealer to IMO avoid.
Jim

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
I distinctly remember we have discussed this guy, I guess the threads are gone.

A friend of mine did not know about him and paid for some SA daggers. We would like to get his address so my friend can start legal proceedings.

So, does anyone have his address or any other particulars other than the fact we know this guy is skum.

I appreciate any help you guys can give.

L
L
quote:
Greg Zuraski

Jim, I dont know if Jim M made a typo but there is mention of a Greg Zurawski in this thread.

Just could be?

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.co...thread.php?p=3715162

Reference is to item/s on Bob Treend`s site & a guy called Petrin.

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
I have received a private response from one member who knows this guy and who is going to try and intervene.

At the same time, I find it interesting that this guy has been spamming all of us for some time and we do not know his physical location.

Is this the power to the internet?

Jim

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone else think that Sir Gregory is Bruce Petrin.

That would really be interesting plus explain a lot.

P
P
Bruce Petrin, aka: Mr. Keys and considered as some sort of militaria Guru and Messiah on MCF. Roll Eyes

Also known as M. Gold in the private circles of the militaria community.

Recently sold an SA dagger with a strange olive scabbard to a GDC member.
http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/...350078095#3350078095

Said that the olive color scabbard was vet acquired of course and 100% original.
Later found out that it was a modern painted job.

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
I am amazed at what I do not know.

If I had known Bruce Petrin was Sir Gregory I would have paid attention to the offerings.

I have advised my friend where Mr Petrin hangs out and suggested he discuss the matter with him.

Thank you everyone.

Jim

Gee who could that be??

Mr petrin has not been on MCF for many months

A
A
quote:
Jim, I dont know if Jim M made a typo but there is mention of a Greg Zurawski in this thread.

Just could be?

I suspect the spelling mistake is mine as I was doing ths from memory but this is the "Sir Gregory" you seek. Bruce Petrin is most definitely NOT Sir Gregory.
Jim

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
So, the plot thickens. Slowly we turn, "step by step."

I am waiting to get the pertinent info from my friend to try and sort this out.

What I need is a Mongobong rooting around to get to the bottom.

I think Bruce is a good guy and if he is involved I would hope he would get me out from the middle of this.

Thank everyone.

L
L
I meant only that there was a reference to a connection between Petrin & Zurawski, not that they were one & the same. `Birds of a feather` as they say. Glad this info was some help to you Jim. Good luck!

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
I have the name, address, bank account coming ,from my friend, to me, and will be able to resolve who Sir Gregory really is.

Thank you

P
P
Just could be?[/QUOTE]

Bruce Petrin is most definitely NOT Sir Gregory.
Jim[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update Jim, I don't want to accuse anyone without any proof or reliable sources.

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Guys.
Bruce Petrin is not "Sir Gregory". this is a fact.
Pat. You are a great asset to the hobby and I may need you to help get my friends money back, but Bruce is not involved.

Thank you everyone, and stay tuned.

Jim

P
P
I've also done some research and Sir Gregory is definitively not Bruce Petrin.
Though I'm not a big fan of him, I wouldn't want anyone to be confuse about who's the real antagonist.
Fair is fair !

Bruce comes from N.C. I think it was established in an other thread "Sir G." came from Ga. or another state close bye.
There was a thread a while back about him. I posted something which was wrong and he challanged me to retract it which i did on the site. I tried to find it but to much has been deleted.

You know you're over the hill when "Happy Hour" means Nap Time

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is what I have discovered. Thank you to those people who emailed me and helped me understand the situation.

Sir Gregory (Greg Zurawski) has associates in Poland and Germany who scour the flea markets and basically buy everything they can that will pass as a dagger.

Those members like myself, and I believe Gaspere and others will agree, the quality of the daggers at the flea markets was bad in 1994 and got worse until 2000 when I left. I hardly believe there is very much real coming out of the woodwork at the flea markets in the former East Block and Germany.

But I digress. Greg Zurawski receives these daggers in bulk, then lists them and those are the emails many of us receive. It is my understanding he personally does not see the daggers as anything but a unit of trade. In other words a parts dagger and an original dagger are the same to him.

If you buy a dagger from Greg Zurawski and send him the money, he will deliver the dagger. However, if you want to return the dagger, there are sometimes problems. I know of at least two people who returned the item and never received anything back.

This is the case with my friend in Italy. He made a bulk purchase of 20 daggers for $6,500. When he received them, he noted they were parts daggers and reproductions. He then agreed to keep 5 daggers (6 daggers according to Greg Zurawski) and return the rest for a $5,000 refund.

Greg Zurawski received the daggers and claims that the buyer took the parts from all the daggers and put together 6 out of the best parts and returned the junk to him.

Knowing he is now in a no win situation, my friend has agreed to accept the original daggers he sent back for refund.

AND NOW THE BREAKDOWN IN COMMUNICATION.

Sir Gregory now claims that he posted the daggers back to Italy, but has no documentation. So it appears he has stolen $5,000 from my friend

So, buyer beware. When something is too good to be true, it probably is.

By the way, it appears Sir Gregory has left Louisiana and is now in Florida.

Gaspare could probably confirm this, but in my experience, the picker/scavenger in Europe is highly aggressive.They know what the average collector likes on the continent or in North America.They will fling themselves over tables to reach an item before you do.

It's a big money business for them over there, and they will pick an area clean.They will hound you if they find you have something they want.They will set up burglaries of houses to obtain German items.

Now, as the supply is dwindling over there, they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Some of these men are actually quite dangerous.

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
I personally do not see anything wrong with what the pickers are doing. In fact, all Greg has to do is sell his items "as is" with "no returns" and all the problems are resolved.

I do think he should have sent the daggers back to Italy.

S
S
HELLO,YES SIR GREGORY IS POLISH NATIONALITY I CAN CONFIRM IT/ HE COOPERATE WITH OTHER POLISH ROBBERS/ THEY SELLING FAKE OR HALF FAKE DAGGERS ANYWHERE THEY CAN.THIS IDIOT STOLE FROM ME 7500USD.HE COOPERATE WITH DAVID CIAZYNSKI,GNIEZNO..HIS WEBPAGE-BEERHALLPUTSCH.COM

P
P
Now it is getting very interesting.
Here's the link to the web site

http://www.beerhallputsch.com/index.php

This gentleman is the person that was selling the infamous Goering Industrial sword that everybody talked about for a while.

Selling price was $ 2 million. Roll Eyes

The Goering sword was highly publicized by Bruce Petrin and listed by him to be sold on

http://www.germanmilitariacoll...?classified_Id=13099

The sword was listed for a couple of months and it ain't there any more, don't know if they sold it but these two gentlemen were working hands in hands together.

This is where the confusion comes from.

quote:
Originally posted by SWORD1968:
HELLO,YES SIR GREGORY IS POLISH NATIONALITY I CAN CONFIRM IT/ HE COOPERATE WITH OTHER POLISH ROBBERS/ THEY SELLING FAKE OR HALF FAKE DAGGERS ANYWHERE THEY CAN.THIS IDIOT STOLE FROM ME 7500USD.HE COOPERATE WITH DAVID CIAZYNSKI,GNIEZNO..HIS WEBPAGE-BEERHALLPUTSCH.COM

So are theese two guys i Poland or in a different european country?

Jim W Offline OP
OP Offline
The information I received indicated that there are several "pickers" in different countries.

Let us be clear that this kind of Pole is considered by the Polish people to be a "Coyote". Their term for it. In short Poles consider him to be a Pole who was corrupted by the outside world and is no longer Polish.

So let's leave Poland out of this.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,483 SS Bayonets
1,760,279 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,757 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jonesy, Seppi, Documentalist, Vern, Paul, benten, AntonGrabbe), 424 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod