Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#79555 08/27/2007 08:27 PM
T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
If this is not the right section then forgive me, but my own interest is SS tunics, history, personalities etc. and you can imagine my surprise when I saw a familar face on a newspaper-stand in Beijing during my recent holiday. Rudolf von Ribbentrop no less, on the cover of BLITZ magazine which is a monthly (bi-monthly?) publication about the last war, but concentrating on 3rd Reich issues. I managed to get some back copies and they included articles on White SS tunics, the Malmedy trial, RK winners, Partisan Badge details and lots more.
Many of the photos will be familiar to us, but enough are new to justify the cover price of 15 yuan, or £1 sterling - even taking account of the language problem!!
Maybe some of our Chinese colleagues can comment more fully on this publication but I wish the writers and publishers well for the future.
I'm attaching some photos to show you the quality .
First is the cover...

Blitz_1.jpg (51.86 KB, 1053 downloads)
T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
...and the cover of a "Special on the Allgemeine SS"

Blitz_2.jpg (49 KB, 1038 downloads)
T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
...I've seen Kraas in his tux but never with the cape.

Blitz_3.jpg (39.37 KB, 1013 downloads)
T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
...and this one of Dietrich with the Traditions Gau badge on the RIGHT pocket?

Blitz_4.jpg (51.14 KB, 1001 downloads)
D
D
how weird is that? in Chinese even? Big Grin

W
W
quote:
Originally posted by Tristan:
...and this one of Dietrich with the Traditions Gau badge on the RIGHT pocket?

And look wheres the armband on the sleeve of the tunic.........not regulation I think!!!!!

Wolf,

Who do think in the SS would have walked up to Sepp and told him his uniform was incorrect ? Same reason that WWII generals like Patton wore pretty much what they wanted.

Dave

Hi guys,

Just to inform all of you, Third Reich militaria are really REALLY hot in China... My fellow singaporean bank collector friend, Ian Lim, told me that he sells EK1 to super rich China guys...and they pay close to double the amount in US dollar.

Seriously speaking they have their own forums/websites plus magazines...amazing man.. Eek

Click here:-

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209972

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221714&highlight=china

Cheers,
Ibrahim,
Singapore.

Looking for all relevant info & items on the WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.com
M
M
I'm sure ol' man 'Sepp didn't want to cover up his gold bullion sleeve adler. Big Grin

Mike Dalton
W
W
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Dalton:
I'm sure ol' man 'Sepp didn't want to cover up his gold bullion sleeve adler. Big Grin

And to complement the gold bullion cuftittle(I know he only used gold on the f.grey tunic)....nothing like the red,white,back armband Big Grin Even in a formal review with the blood flag, Sepp was above and apart of the crowd in that photo...I think he just wanted to go home after a loooooooong day at the rally Smile

JR Offline
If the publisher did an English version of this same publication, the circulation and acceptance would be amazing!

quote:
Originally posted by JR:
If the publisher did an English version of this same publication, the circulation and acceptance would be amazing!

I agree but the problem here is the language barrier. Else i would have subscribed too. Frown

Cheers,
Ibrahim,
Singapore.

Looking for all relevant info & items on the WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.com
And they said the hobby was dying!!!

MAX CHARTER MEMBER

LIFE MEMBER OVMS
This is truly where East meets West!

P
P
Great!

Maybe they will buy army daggers! Big Grin

PVON

D
D
subscribed, i would, because a picture paints 1000 words... Kraas in his tux but never with the cape. Eek Eek

daz

T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I've just sent some copies of the Allgemeine book down to Arthur Thornton at "World of Warfare Books", so check in with him.

Globalization!!!

World wide appreciation of the Events & Objects of WW2 - evidenced by folks who spend their $$ / YEN / YUAN / Euro - on TR Items...

Overall - it's GOOD for the Hobby... Dave/dblmed

[Always looking for TeNo � Schuma � Technische Noodhulp Items...]
T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
It is, indeed, a small world!

Incidentally, their Vol 1 was on the waffen SS.
A couple of photos attached that were new to me.

Third_Reich_Collection_014.jpg (49.98 KB, 585 downloads)
T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I dont think copyright is an issue with Chinese publishers!

Third_Reich_Collection_015.jpg (33.86 KB, 566 downloads)
T
Tristan Offline OP
OP Offline
T
...one more.

Third_Reich_Collection_016.jpg (46.93 KB, 560 downloads)
D
D
shows where the real money is in the WORLD today! Eek

S
S
I can just see this magazine with handsome SS officers in full regalia on "our" news stands. Wink
-wagner-

X
X
Hi, Sir

I am one editor and writer of Clarion. Our magazine is focus on International uniforms and medals, badges, orders. If you are interested in our magazine, I can post pictures.

And, if you want to try to read it, you can visit our ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Clarion-Militaria_Clarion-Magazine

We just published vol3Smile

Xie Liang

X
X
quote:
Originally posted by ibrahim ahmad:
Hi guys,

Just to inform all of you, Third Reich militaria are really REALLY hot in China... My fellow singaporean bank collector friend, Ian Lim, told me that he sells EK1 to super rich China guys...and they pay close to double the amount in US dollar.

Seriously speaking they have their own forums/websites plus magazines...amazing man.. Eek

Click here:-

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209972

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221714&highlight=china

Cheers,
Ibrahim,
Singapore.

Hi, Dear Ibrahim

So many thanks for your free adSmile I am the friend of Tang Si. He asked me to express his best regards to youSmile

Thanks a lot!

Xie Liang

quote:
Originally posted by Xie Liang:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ibrahim ahmad:
Hi guys,

Xie Liang

Just like EVERYTHING in the U.S. today . . .

Sad to see very few American's taking note about the buying-power we are giving to a Communist country . . .

I'll end it here, but I want it to be known that I don't think it's right for anyone bragging about the buying power of a specific country (or any entity for that matter!) versus another here . . .

IF YOU CENSURE ME OVER THIS, I HOPE YOU CONSIDER CENSURING OTHERS RIGHTFULLY SO AS WELL!!

BUT AMERICAN AND KEEP AMERICA WORKING!!!!!

Brad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have . . . .
D
D
ALIVE AND WELL! YEAH IN CHINA-GIVE ME A BREAK!! Confused

G
G
Brad, you echo my sentiments exactly.In the great chase to make everything at the lowest price I fear we are paying the high price in the end.Hopefully with the advent of chinese cars coming to the US especially at a time when detroit is struggling americans will relize this.

V
V
As I said in the community center forum, " Jobs flee the source of money creation". Buying Amarican won't solve the problem. Gross deficit spendind of the US is the key problem. David

the world capitalism are hopping into China, fuelled by low operating cost...that explains their growing spending power/interest... but arrghh... who cares...in our collecting world, why talk polictics or undermine particular group of collectors? Their entering makes the third reich collecting arena more acceptable and could shed more information to share among us, which is a good thing. Now stop downplaying asia collectors and give them (in fact everyone) a chance to share this great hobby Big Grin

MW Offline
Roll Eyes
This is me biting my tongue..

MW

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
L
L
quote:
Originally posted by violin:
As I said in the community center forum, " Jobs flee the source of money creation". Buying Amarican won't solve the problem. Gross deficit spendind of the US is the key problem. David

I see your point about the above statement David. No government should have more paper money in circulation than it can cover in it`s material assets (gold). America & Britain keep printing more paper which will inevitably create a very real depression. More borrowing only puts a finger in the hole, it does not fix the problem.

War is when your government tells you who the enemy is.
Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself.
B
B
quote:
No government should have more paper money in circulation than it can cover in it`s material assets (gold).

You have got to be kidding (or reading an economics book from the 19th Century).

V
V
I guess the thrust of this thread is that the Chinese are in the WW2 hobby. They would not want to buy Japanese since they probably despise the Japanese just as Amarican POW's still do. And the point of my post before is that they have new wealth, and so they are looking to spend it. The definition of a trade deficite is the export of wealth, and thus we are becoming a more poor nation because of this and staying in the hobby against Euro and chinese buyers may be more difficult because of the devaluation of our dollar against other currancies. The dollar just hit, today, an all time low against the the euro. So if you read my post in the community center thread on "Todays collectors" you will see my explanation of why jobs flee the source of money creation and why the prices of third reich items in the US will rise as the demand from foreign investors increases due to the fall in the dollar and rise in the euro. David

V
V
Landser, I am glad you see my point. bwanek1, just because a book was written in the 1800's doesnt mean it wasn't right! No less an investor than Warren Buffet states that the budget and trade deficites are the ONLY two swords of Damoclese that hang over our heads. The war on terror is insignificant if you can no longer project power because of economic collapse. Landser, what you said is absolutely correct, and if you don't believe me google Alan greenspand and gold and read his essay written in 1967. You won't believe what he said. What he said has come to pass and he contributed to it during his tenure as fed chairman. David PS everyone on this forum right now needs to google Alan Greenspan and Gold and Economic Freedom and read it. Your world views will be changed. david

Let me see if I understand all of you. First, many of you complain that there are no new faces in the collecting community. Next, you complain that we shouldn't be sending TR relics overseas to those with interest and the money as we are not helping the economy
Next, we must stop the devaluation of the dollar and stop the slide of our currency
Now, just exactly, how do we do this by burying our head in the US sand?
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria

MAX CHARTER MEMBER

LIFE MEMBER OVMS
P
P
Personally, I don't think that our hobby as a whole will make any difference on our North American economy.
Whether you sell a thousand SS's to someone in China will have a ZERO effect on our economy.
Secondly, the fact of having popular WWII magazines being sold in China does NOT make our hobby "well and alive".
Buying a magazine for $ 2 USD is very different from buying a $ 1000 USD SA dagger.
Most people in China can afford to buy such a magazine but can they afford to buy an SS dagger ?
Perhaps some can but let me tell you that the vast majority just can't.
I've also been to China several times and though I don't speak any Chinese, you will not find any serious collectors in China.
Sure there can be a few interested collectors but other than that, I doubt it.

I know many people that buys every existing magazines that they can find on WWII and yet, they don't even own a single piece of edged weapon. Buying magazines is very different from buying a dagger.

I also personally know 2 "big" dealers that I've talked to and none have sold any daggers to anyone east of Moscow or west of Anchorage. Big Grin

Ron, how many daggers have you shipped to Beijing recently ? :rolleyes

BTW, has anyone seen any Chinese at both the Max or the SOS shows ?
The only Chinese that I have seen at the Max is at the "Shanghai Restaurant" and the Won Tong soup was great. Big Grin

Pat, I just shipped an Iron Cross First Class cased to China for $1192.00 and a Japanese Cav. Sword to Hong Kong for #275.00. Yesterday.
Ron Weinand
Weinand Militaria

MAX CHARTER MEMBER

LIFE MEMBER OVMS
An iron cross for $1192.00? Was it might Dietrichs Kreuz?

S
S
Big Grin Big Grin
My business is China based.Of the variety of individuals I associate with,my money is on Pat.
They could care less about the West and TR.
Too busy getting by.
Seiler (Yank in UK)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,262 SS Bayonets
1,763,641 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,193 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Pipes old and new
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 09:40 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Stephen - 05/01/2024 12:40 PM
Wanted Dug or Alive!
by Gaspare - 04/29/2024 10:54 PM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Latest New Posts
Pipes old and new
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 09:48 PM
POCKET MATCHSAFES
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 09:31 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 08:26 PM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 06:48 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,666
Posts329,073
Members7,523
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
5 members (Vern, Luftbud, Mikee, Documentalist, Jonesy), 382 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod