Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7512 08/28/2009 09:37 PM
V
OP Offline
V
Dear Sirs,

I would like to know approximate value for this collar patch I have. It's embroidered silver wire on the wool, backside has paper sticker with number.
I would be appreciated if someone help me

B
B
IMO a nice original.

Brad

V
OP Offline
V
Dear Brad,
Can you tell me the aproximate value, because I don't collect them and all information I got is that this is a SS-TV officers patch, but all information about the value is unavailable.
Yours sincerelly,
Helen

This one doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. It could be fine, bu it looks a bit loose to me. I also don;t like the fact that the letter of the RZM tag is gone.

Maybe I am just paranoid... Eek

JERRY
GDC GOLD #0213

www.militarycollectorsHQ.com
B
B
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jerry:
This one doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. It could be fine, bu it looks a bit loose to me. I also don;t like the fact that the letter of the RZM tag is gone.

Maybe I am just paranoid... Eek
JERRY-
NOT PARANOID, JUST CAREFUL. I DO NOT LIKE THE CONSTRUCTION EITHER. MAYBE IT IS DUE TO THE FUZZY SHOT-ACCIDENT OR ON PURPOSE? NOW WHO IS BEING PARANOID!

"A man needs to know his limitations" Dirty Harry
Gold Badge #263
B
B
Helen,

I must say that, upon taking a closer look, my learned colleagues are correct. In fact, the more I look at it now, the more amazed I am that I even considered it as possibly authentic. Most obviously to me (now), the right side of the skull and the jaw are entirely inconsistent with originals. I am sorry for making a snap judgment without giving a careful look. I know better than to do that in this hobby and I am sorry that, in this case, I did not give you the same care that I would have if I were examining something for myself.

Brad

Brad it is encouraging to know that you too are only human!

This is not an exact science, so anyone that says they never made a mistake is either lying to you or to themselves.

I am sure of this piece was unquestionably real she would have been flooded with offers to buy it.

JERRY
GDC GOLD #0213

www.militarycollectorsHQ.com
J
J
I don't like it either.

B
B
quote:

This is not an exact science, so anyone that says they never made a mistake is either lying to you or to themselves.

I am sure of this piece was unquestionably real she would have been flooded with offers to buy it.

I will be the first to admit that there is MUCH that I do not know and that I certainly make my share of mistakes. However, when I am uncertain, I do not spend money. More importantly, when someone else is asking for help, I [normally] do not even offer an opinion on something if I am uncetain or I will qualify any opinion I offer if I am less than certain, because I do not play games with other people's money. I would never want someone to lose money because he acted on bad information from me. For that reason, I am angry with myself for not taking greater care here. I hope no harm was done before the record was set straight.

I have to admit that I moved quickly to looking at the RZM tag as a shortcut to determine originality. Those are pretty easy to identify as real or fake and I took the ****er's bait by going straight to that tag and overlooking this tab's obvious shortcomings. That tag still looks good to me, but I have been around this hobby long enough to have seen plenty of original tags stuck on fake items to know better than to fall for that old trick, especially when, as you pointed out, the letter code is conveniently missing!

B
B
quote:
Originally posted by bwanek1:
quote:

I will be the first to admit that there is MUCH that I do not know and that I certainly make my share of mistakes. However, when I am uncertain, I do not spend money. More importantly, when someone else is asking for help, I [normally] do not even offer an opinion on something if I am uncetain or I will qualify any opinion I offer if I am less than certain, because I do not play games with other people's money. I would never want someone to lose money because he acted on bad information from me. For that reason, I am angry with myself for not taking greater care here. I hope no harm was done before the record was set straight.

I have to admit that I moved quickly to looking at the RZM tag as a shortcut to determine originality. Those are pretty easy to identify as real or fake and I took the fool's bait by going straight to that tag and overlooking this tab's obvious shortcomings. That tag still looks good to me, but I have been around this hobby long enough to have seen plenty of original tags stuck on fake items to know better than to fall for that old trick, especially when, as you pointed out, the letter code is conveniently missing!

B
B
A fake tab posted by a new member. Is this a seller of these fakes seeing if it can pass as an original? The only other reply is the "How much is it worth?" question. These kind of posts from unknown persons always makes me suspicious.

"A man needs to know his limitations" Dirty Harry
Gold Badge #263

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,459 SS Bayonets
1,760,274 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,731 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Mikee, Documentalist, Baz69, Stephen, Honestmike, Mbuin, Evgeniy, AndyRose), 491 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod