I am looking for someone who may know which modern Landkreise comprised the different Gaue during the WWII time frame. I have seen different Gau Maps, but nothing that overlays a modern map, so the observer may compare the Gau administration system against the modern system. If someone can provide me with a list of which modern Landkreise make up the past Gaue, I can produce a Gaue map using ArcMap (GIS), then export it to a KLM file that can be viewed in Google Earth, In color. It is very easy for me to do if I have the correct information. Also, I would like to mention, I had the honor of meeting LTC (RET) Tom M Johnson at a recent Militaria show near Ingolstadt, Germany on 24 JAN 09. We talked a little about daggers and the rest of the conversation was about the military. He was very polite, helpful and a complete Gentleman. If anyone would like a KLM file of the modern Landkreis they can open in google earth, e-mail me and I can send it to you. The file is approximately 9 mb. �Aaron
[email protected]