Well, I�m going to try my hand at a book review. Never done this before but I�m doing it now because this gentleman�s work has come to inspire me more than anything in the model building world. To the point that over the past seven or eight months I took what I thought was my best work and started over! Now that I have this gentleman�s book I find that I�m inspired even more by his philosophy on both model building and life and how we bring the two together. The gentleman�s name is Mig Jimenez and he is without a doubt one of the best model builders in the world.

The book; �F.A.Q., Frequently Asked Questions of the AFV painting techniques� by Mig Jimenez should be a standard in every model builders library. It should be viewed as important and as necessary as a shop manual would be for working on and building your own cars. Doesn�t matter what level of builder you are, you need this book! Smile

If you�re a beginner this book is going to give you such a head start, its going to make achieving better results so much easier that your confidence will build and before you know it you�ll be taking on projects you thought you could never do.

For a novice like me it was instrumental in not only helping me understand proper technique but understand that I had some bad habits and in some areas was just making mistakes in the way I was trying to approach the various tasks required to build a good quality AFV model. Now in-lieu of being afraid to try things I find myself looking for new things to try and really wanting to try them no matter how difficult. In the past there were model projects that I would pass on because I thought they were beyond me, now I say �bring it on� to those projects and look forward to the challenge of building them!

For the advanced model builder this book is going to expand your horizons and I�m sure you�ll find some new ideas here as well. Mig offers numerous methods for doing the same task not just one way as many of these types of instructional books have done in the past. With over 250 pages full of various topics and color photos, I�m sure you�ll find some new and fresh ideas to try.

For me the proof was in the pudding. This can be seen in the various projects I�ve posted recently where I took some old favorites and gave them everything from a touch-up to a complete re-make. Buy this book, you�ll find yourself trying everything in it and the results will put a smile on your face! Wink

Published by the Andrea Press I know the book can be purchased from Mission Models, more than likely Amazon too. The ISBN is 84-96527-61-1 and the Deposito Legal is S. 1.626-2005. Andrea Press can be found at www.andrea-miniatures.com.

Mig�s products and his book can also be found at www.migproductions.com.

Highly recommended! Wink

Rick Cool

"...a salute to a General is customary, Herr Blade;
Even on the left coast."

the Razor has landed!