Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340484 10/31/2018 12:37 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Well guys the time has come to bid adieu. It has been a great 17 year run....where has the time gone. I have seen many great members depart for so many reasons Derek Chapman, Kevin Finley, Willi Schumacher (RIP) Donald Abenheim, Dave (NOBOZOS) Bissell, Daryll Pajot, Tom Kibler, many of the great collecting minds and personalities who lent so much of their knowledge have left. This forum was great once and it is Craig Gottlieb's lasting legacy to whom we owe a lasting debt. Recently I made a post which expressed my condolences relative to the recent happenings in Pittsburgh. I also asked a question regarding potential impact on the future of the show in Monroeville. I feel it is important to extend these thoughts and expressions of sympathy whenever these "events" take place. I did not and do not see the "politics" as asserted with such expressions of sympathy and the posing of a valid question. I certainly recognize the unpopularity of such a post to some. It was great to see so many of you at the Max, Bob Iqbal, Andy Military Nut, Don Boyle, Bob Grant, Ron Weinand, Dave Hohaus, I am looking forward to seeing many more of you at the SOS. I will be sure to stop by and say hello to as many as possible. It has been a great run gentlemen and fellow impassioned collectors but the "writing is on the wall" cheeers and safe collecting to all Ryan S

E
Online Content
E
Ryan
Yes, it is sad to see what this PC and Race thing is doing to America, and even down to this forum.
The wishes of the Few, are the new rules for the many. I guess this is the answer to your original post ( I did not get to read it)
Never met you, but enjoyed your knowledge of the collecting on this site. Being a new member still, I do not know many personally.
Hope you just take some time off, and may return.
Wishing the best
Ed

Ryan:

Don't let the haters win.

John

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.
M
M
hi members
this political correctness is every where these people hate the history of these artifacts and they even hate themselves also they are jelious of us but they forgot one important thing here they are treading on thin ice once you condem history it will come back and remind us all that it did exist and we can not erase it as far as voiceing our god given american opinions wether its here or at shows and you and i have this right and i for one will never be told i can not voice my opinion who ever thinks so then tell me to my face i will have some choice words for them ryan as john z says and its the truth dont let haters win wait to a better day to fight it will come god bless all my true collectors here lets face the music together andy militarynut

I have never had the PC people come after me for what I choose to to like or unlike. I just really ignore them and don't have any interest in going anywhere where they are all "protestor-ed" up. Ain't nobody got time for that.

M
M
hi kingtiger
nice to see you voice your american opinion hope this e mail finds you and family doing well in my opinion here i think bill combs from ovms officer is well on this cituation and he and his outher officers have a grip on protecting our rights and the show rights they dont want any more problems then they all ready have also in my opinion they still run the two best shows in the country max and sos shows thanks again god bless all you guys andy militarynut

L
L
I dont think Ryan has left the forum because of the haters, i think he has left because his thread which he describes in his post above was deleted by the moderator. I saw the thread before it was deleted and personally found no problem with it. Perhaps this was the final straw which made up his mind to leave.

M
M
hi lamby
you are correct ryan hasnt left the forum because of haters he was deleted because the moderator dave must of took his post wrong there was nothing that i could tell that was political in his post unless im wrong or ryans wrong can you please tell us before just deleting our post with out any reason dave we are good people here and we are not any thing else we are aware of the rules i feel you owe us an explanation why you did this please explain dave just like my post that was deleted right after ryans with no explanation now if you were in our shoes how would you like this type of behaveure im sorry i dont agree with that type of boss behaveure yes we all know your the boss here but dave this is not right please show us our mistakes if they are there we all here on all the forums that make up gdc have great people and we are experenced people who like to help outhers and learn this wonderfull hobby can you please show us where we are wrong thanks god bless andy militarynut

Dave:

I agree with Andy. Show us why you wanted to delete these posts. Maybe, as a learning experience for us all, you could leave the post up, explain why it is not appropriate, then lock it down so no further posts can be added to it.

It could serve as an example of the kind of talk that you wish to stop. Otherwise, we are just guessing and hoping that what we say here doesn't cause you to take action.

John

Online Content
John,

We tried that several times in the past. What happened was someone would start a new topic to argue the locked topic. Lock that one and it pops up again.

And we have tried out allowing political topics a couple of times but re-imposed the ban because:

- They never solve a problem or change an opinion. I have never seen one person say "you make sense. I'll have to rethink my position"
- It made enemies of people who once shared a common interest in militaria
- They attract people who wish to argue politics but have no interest at all in our hobby.

Given that politics seem to be more and more polarized and nasty these days, banning them seems wise. I am told that WAF does the same thing, ... and perhaps others too.

;

I hear you, Dave.

As a Canadian visitor to the US of A, I learned a long time ago that any discussions on politics, religion and health care are verboten and can only lead to arguments and bad feelings. So, I try to stick to WWII stuff with and without swastikas, a lat safer set of topics.

John

Online Content
John,

Speaking of ...... What do you know about aluminum Heer daggers ? Eickhorn, of course !

Dave, not much. Of course, I do have one in my collection, but the guys who know about them are Gerrit, Tom Kendall and Kevin.

John

M
M
hi dave
we all hear you and you have a job keeping the peace among us guys here this we all realize but i will ask you again then this post is dead as far as i am concerned i will then concider ryans and my post that was deleted for what reason nobody knows and if you prefer not to give us guys here a reasnble answer why myself and ryan was booted then i say this you win pick up the marbles please try and understand our feelings there is no hatred here no starting any trouble just a good reliable answer why thanks god bless andy militarynut

Online Content
Andy,

Ryans (and one reply) post was moved out because of its political nature. And, as I explained above, it was removed rather than locked so the discussion would not start up again. That is only answer I have.

Dave

PS - Ryan was not booted.

M
M
hi dave
sorry for my word booted booted and post removed to me means same thing maybe its because i have no education as i quit school to help my dad when he had early heart trouble beings i was the oldest boy plus when i was a bad boy he hit me in the side of my head probly thats why im so stupid you know i was thinking again dave as i mentioned to you before we have the best bunch of people on this forum so please walk slowly with your big stick we all would like an explanation before the big boot comes down on us most of us are up in age and slowing down some what till it sinks in thank you for the explanation beter then just silence have a nice day god bless every body here and god bless our troops and last god bless america

Online Content
Thanks Andy.

M
M
hi dave
your wellcome have a nice night god bless andy militarynut

Online Content
Well, Ryan is back !

To misquote Mark Twain, ?The reports of my departure are greatly exaggerated.?

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Dave I really appreciate your overwhelming support. I am so glad that you thought my departure would be such a loss to GDC. It is really heartwarming to have your support!!!!!!! cheers, Ryan

M
M
hi ryan
glad to hear you are back with us again you have the surport of all of us guys here this is a lot to think about but good came ouut of it your back thats all that matters i just dont want to be here alone talking to myself lets go easy now this is a great forum rings rings and more rings listen every body have a great day god bless andy militarynut

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Andy, I owe it all to Dave!!!!!! Thanks as always Andy, you are a class act cheers and best, Ryan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,941 SS Bayonets
1,762,184 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,167 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Latest New Posts
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 04/19/2024 01:46 PM
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,036
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (The_Collector, C. Wetzel-20609, polop, Dave, ed773, Vern, benten, Documentalist, Mikee), 894 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod