Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone, can anyone here please give your feedback on this 1936 Olympic Plate by Meissen ?? if its original and what it might cost now ?? Im looking into buying this as it complements my 1936 Olympic Bell but not sure of its originality & a reasonale price for it.

Thank you for all your input !!

Yours,
Ibrahim.

---------------------------
Looking for all relevant info & items on WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.com/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
M
hi ibrahim
i looked over your 1936 olympic plate front n back the crossed swords logo is the best maker meissen only on real period porcelain but in this case even the logo is fake sorry to say save your hard earned money and this is my experenced opinion hope every body agrees please look at any old meissen logos and you will see the big difference thanks for showing this plympic plate god bless andy militarynut

I have two Meissen squirrels (of course wink ) in my collection.

Here are their maker marks.

John

Markings.JPG (13.89 KB, 108 downloads)
TM1.JPG (34.9 KB, 108 downloads)

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.
M
M
hi john z
thank you for showing your meissen marks what do you think about the above olympic plate and meissen marks im sorry i just dont feel its period and the front color of the porcelain the age is not there for me what say governer thanks have a nice day god bless andy militarynut

Originally Posted by Militarynut
hi ibrahim
i looked over your 1936 olympic plate front n back the crossed swords logo is the best maker meissen only on real period porcelain but in this case even the logo is fake sorry to say save your hard earned money and this is my experenced opinion hope every body agrees please look at any old meissen logos and you will see the big difference thanks for showing this plympic plate god bless andy militarynut

Meissen has used a number of different marks over the years.
It looks OK to me.

M
M
hi sir
yes i know that meissen used different marks over the years of production but what about the color of the porcelain plate is that not alarming to any one i hope it is it certainly does to me sorry if i offendened any one here by saying i dont like this logo nor the plate but if every one is happy with it then go for it case closed god bless andy militarynut

Online Content
Typically sells for $350-400 in excellent/mint condition.

[Linked Image from germandaggers.com]
Visit us at www.GermanDaggers.com
Contact me at Vern@GermanDaggers.com
Andy:

I do not know a lot about porcelain, and only have a few squirrel centric pieces in my collection (the Eickhorn thing, I guess). The maker mark shown on the plate is pretty close to the maker mark on my white squirrel. The brown mark is pretty different, which indicates to me that they used different marks. I wonder if the marks were applied by hand like so mcuh of the work on porcelain is.

The colour differences I see, but all of the photos shown, even the background is that pale cream colour, so I attribute that to the lighting and the photography, not any inherent colour deficiency.

Several years back, my wife and I toured the Herend porcelain factory in Hungary and saw that most of the items they produced were individually formed and painted, so that every item was or could be, a little different from every other item of the same model. This hand making and hand finishing technique could explain the small differences we see between actual and correct pieces.

John

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.
M
M
hi john
you have brought up a few good pointers from factory painting yes there was different artist and all are some what different but this patern plate should mostly all look a like this plate does not feel right of the period last i hope if he buyes it he gets his moneys worth i wouldnt buy it thats for sure different strokes for differnt folks as long as every body is happy thanks again for your opinion but my opinion is still the same god bless andy militarynut

G
Online Content
G
I know a little about Soviet propaganda porcelain... A nice looking plate or vase would be popular. There would be many sold etc.

Well This certainly is a handsome plate... How about this... Has anyone seen that pattern before? It's beautiful,,had to be popular.. Does it appear in any books? or anyone have one like it?? Seen the pattern before. Should help one way or another!!

M
M
hi gaspare
havnt heard anything from the person who asked for some feed back on this olympic plate guess he doesnt care to have any more feed backs guess im thru waisting my valuble time here im out of here see you on the ring forum god bless all andy militarynut

OP Offline
Hi MilitaryNut and all ,

My apologies for this late reply and I sincerely thank all of you for your input. Im working at the local university here in Singapore and pretty busy preparing for the students convocaqtion & exams. I actually posted this question to other forums & website too so as to get the maximum feedback I could get and also emailed realiable dealers and they have given me a positive feedback on this.

here are the inputs I received

https://www.sz-online.de/nachrichten/meissener-teller-fuer-olympia-3461125.html - commented by Thorsten B.

The marking of Meissen looks legit and to the era. There are several dedicated www sites just on Meissen and their history of markings from day one, so to speak - commented by Mark in Cleveland

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=meissen+marks&FORM=HDRSC2
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=meissen+marks&FORM=HDRSC2

Thanks again for all the inputs and yes , Ive already made arragments to buy it !!

Yours,
Ibrahim.

---------------------------
Looking for all relevant info & items on WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
http://monsun-uboats.blogspot.com/

M
M
hi ibrahim
first i would like to appoligize to you for my opinion that aperently was wrong but please try and take in to concideration on some people not you who when we take our time to give our opinion to thier buying items like this then we either dont hear from them at all not your case you words sound true your a very busy man also in this market of some thieves and forgers we all have to be carefull on what we buy and take in to concideration that there are new molds made every day and tooling to fake these items that we all pay mucho bucks for i am very glad you took many experenced peoples word and you are buying this plate i wish you much luck god bless andy militarynut

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,265,059 SS Bayonets
1,762,923 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,838 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Ric Ferrari - 04/26/2024 05:52 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/26/2024 04:00 PM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/26/2024 05:45 AM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,670
Posts329,067
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
9 members (goldfasan, The_Collector, Vern, Stephen, Gaspare, Dave, AndyRose, C. Wetzel-20609, Ric Ferrari), 648 guests, and 143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod