Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#315359 01/25/2016 11:03 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Hi everybody, unfortunately I must post a red flag-warning about a seller who is clearly unethical. I'd prefer not to ruin someone's reputation, but I gave him all the chances and time in the world. And in the end, it's of everybody's benefit here if they know whom to be careful with/to avoid.

My advice: steer clear of this seller, DO NOT do business with him!
The Sellers name: Măris Stjade from Latvia. He is a member on some Facebook groups and forums as well I guess.

The story:
I bought a skull ring from him that was advertised as a genuine WW2 period piece, allegedly found in the Kurland pocket. 'Lifelong guarantee' was assured. We shall soon see how much that means.

After receiving the item, I posted proper close ups on the forums, and virtually EVERYBODY who knows ANYTHING agreed: this a CAST ring, which basically automatically excludes it from being a period WW@ piece.

I was not happy to hear that, but hey: the truth is preferable, even when uncomfortable.

SO. I contacted maris stjade and told him about the problem, giving him the benefit of the doubt. I asked him to refund as promised.

There followed a BIG ado from his side, sticking stubbornly to his story that 'an "old man" had found it in a country house in Russia...'

Oh well. Maybe so, but that does NOT make it a WW2 ring automatically.

So he conceded to refund, but asked for a grace period till 15. 1. 2016 (Christmas, financial issues, etc).

I said OK, but NOT any longer!

Well, you guessed it: the 15th of January comes and goes... no refund.

This time it's the illusive '3rd party's fault' (old trick in negotiations: oh, THEY have not paid me, the bastards, it's all their fault, not mine! I WANT to pay you, but I can't! Because of 'them'...)

Another week goes by.

Then he transfers about a 3rd of the money. Waiting for 'them' to pay the rest before transferring to me. Well Well Well. I again am reasonable, give him an extra week, but let him know it should never depend on any '3rd parties'...

In the end, thus far, he hasn't paid. So I got this ring for 2 thirds of the original price, BUT: THAT was not the deal. The deal was: this is a GENUINE WW2 item. It is not. Guaranteed by all the top experts. Here is the original thread: GDC http://phpstack-500133-1583587.cloudwaysapps.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=314076#Post314076
The deal was: something is wrong, there's a 'lifetime guarantee'.
The deal was he would refund me, and preferably without all the drama-queening.

Well, he did NOT stick to his word, and I call BS and BAD business. DO NOT DEAL with this person.

Thanks,
Mark

PS Tips: DO NOT buy ANYTHING before requesting -and receiving!- top quality HD close ups from inside, outside, band, birds-eye view, etc.

DO NOT ever agree to send money via PayPal with the 'friends/family' option. ALWAYS send via the 'Goods and Services' option, no matter what.

Why? Because if not (if you send via friends/family option) you cannot dispute the transaction. I guess these guys know that...

C
chris12559
Unregistered
chris12559
Unregistered
C
That is unfortunate, a lot of bad bad sellers out there mark, always post a ring at least to the forums before buying, even if u have crappy pics....at least it wasn't to much money! Imagine a 2-3-4K ring!!

#315369 01/26/2016 04:09 AM
M
M
Sorry 2 hear abt that id keep up the pressure. Good luck !

#315377 01/26/2016 01:06 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: chris12559
That is unfortunate, a lot of bad bad sellers out there mark, always post a ring at least to the forums before buying, even if u have crappy pics....at least it wasn't to much money! Imagine a 2-3-4K ring!!
Exactly Chris: I consider it cheap 'Lehrgeld'! And U bet: ALWAYS I will post everywhere with as perfect as possible pics...
Thanks!
Maark

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Byzanti
Sorry 2 hear abt that id keep up the pressure. Good luck !

Thanks! This is posted on other forums and on Facebook. By now every serious collector/seller/buyer knows about this...

G
G
******** like this happens all the time... IF you can't get very good photos let it go!
Its hard because the ring looks good from their bad ******** photos! They depend on us wanting these pieces for their con..
This happens to all of us at one time or another. It is the reason this forum was started by Don years ago... Guys were getting ripped off on Honor Rings left and right!

So chalk this up to a learning experience and thanks for the warning!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Gaspare
******** like this happens all the time... IF you can't get very good photos let it go!
Its hard because the ring looks good from their bad ******** photos! They depend on us wanting these pieces for their con..
This happens to all of us at one time or another. It is the reason this forum was started by Don years ago... Guys were getting ripped off on Honor Rings left and right!

So chalk this up to a learning experience and thanks for the warning!

Thanks a bunch Gaspare; that's how I see it, too: it was a cheap 'Lehrgeld'!
Mark

M
OP Offline
M
UPDATE
So now about a half a year has gone by, and what has happened?

Well, it's a slightly strange story. To be fair I must tell you that this seller, Măris Stjade from Latvia, has refunded me. Partially.

In trickles, here and there, by 2/3 of the price. Meaning I paid 150 bucks and by now (last payment was many months ago) he has repaid about a hundred of those.

What to make of this? I don't know. It seems he wanted to do the right thing at first, and perhaps it was money issues? Though that's hard to imagine at such a low price, even in East Europe.

And now, what should I do?

Of course I will keep the ring until it's fully refunded.
And I think nobody could think me unfair for simply keeping it for good now: after all the refund was not agreed to for an 'Unlimited Timeframe'.

I guess 50 bucks is not a bad price for a ring like this: old, perhaps 50's 60's, though alas not period.

But, like I told him: as soon as he refunds the last 50 bucks, the ring is his once more. In spite of all this delay and fuss. If that ever happens.

All in all a strange situation, not quite so clear-cut. BUT, what is clear to me, is this:
NOT a trustworthy, reliable conduct, not someone I personally would ever do business with again. Sorry to say, but...Cannot recommend.

Mark

G
G
Man!! I'm surprised you got anything back!!, and great you didn't send back the ring,,Someone else would have got burned on it eventually..

Mark,,, you learned a very valuable lesson,,,and all for $50.!

I know guys that paid for that tuition 10 times that price!

Well you kept on him,,got most back,,you did very good I'd say!

Last edited by Gaspare; 07/29/2016 09:04 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Hey thanks Gaspare, that's high praise, coming from you...
Yeah, it was my first ring, LOL! And hopefully my last dud.
Am still in the market for a nice Edelweiß by the way! ;-)
Mark

M
M
hi mark
sorry to hear of your bad luck buying a ring from latvia just like gaspare says your lucky you received anything back but 50.00 is better then nothing . you have learned a very valuble lesson about people and thier honesty and one you wont forget i have been selling ss honor rings also skull rings for quite a few years now and i never had one returned is the price high yes it is but i guarentee anything i sell full money back if not satisfied all my rings come with a don boyle certification this way you can sleep good knowing its the real deal and you can all ways check here about my reputation these guys will tell you if im good or not i know iceland is far away so i doubt if you can make the mighty max show or the sos show in kentucky i can show you some nice silver period skull ring im selling at both places any time you can post a ring before you buy it and we can discuss your ring ok then again it hurts me to hear this terrible news god bless andy militarynut

M
OP Offline
M
Hi Andy, and thanks so much for the invite! Would love to meet you all some time, and yes: I know your reputation is impeccable.
For anyone to buy a sure ring, yours must be a top-address.
Thank you all and I will make sure to post any ring before I buy it here
Mark

M
M
hi mark
thanks for your kind words about me i all ways remember my fathers saying if i find out you put your hand out with a commiitment of closing a deal and you broke your promise then i will deal with you home my fathers eyes told the whole story yes you guessed it . the old strap i loved my father one day i witnesed him selling an item for ex amount of money then another friend came a long and offered my father more money and my dads words was its sold no matter what you offer your word is your reputation simple ok mark maybe one day we will meet have a great day andy militarynut

M
OP Offline
M
Absolutely, Andy: your handshake is your contract.
'Once broken, never restored, is trust.'
'What cannot be bought with gold, is loyalty.'
Mark

M
M
hi mark
sure wish some outher people in this hobby would get this message loud n clear i have had a few incidents in my over fifty years in this great hobby when it happned to me i imediatly took it in to my own hands and i waited like a fox watching a rabbit in the bush then i guess you know the rest of that story . i am by no means a bad guy but i will defend my turf when being screwed and the the bad guy best have a dam good reason why not to return my hard earned money imediatly or else . both my self and gaspare are from the same molds we will help any one just dont screw with us our motto is dont tread on me thanks god bless andy militarynut

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Militarynut
hi mark
sure wish some outher people in this hobby would get this message loud n clear i have had a few incidents in my over fifty years in this great hobby when it happned to me i imediatly took it in to my own hands and i waited like a fox watching a rabbit in the bush then i guess you know the rest of that story . i am by no means a bad guy but i will defend my turf when being screwed and the the bad guy best have a dam good reason why not to return my hard earned money imediatly or else . both my self and gaspare are from the same molds we will help any one just dont screw with us our motto is dont tread on me thanks god bless andy militarynut

HAHAHA, I love it! :-)
Yeah, fortunately this is a tight-knit community. Once you are exposed as dishonest, you better go meet a plastic surgeon and get another passport, because otherwise I reckon you'll not do much business here ever again, HAHAHA! :-)
Mark

M
M
hi mark
yes you are right but some of these ali baba thieves all ways sleep good at night un till the carma comes and bites them in the butt . we are not rid of dis honest people yet they seem to pop up every full moon most dealers are good and treat you fair i had a guy from europe just last year ask me about another dealer that had a ss honor ring that he wanted me to give him my opinion about the ring and the dealer i refused to comment on this dealer or any outher dealers reputation . i did tell him about the history on this paticular ring i told him i only speak for my reputation no one elses. his answer was i all ready know about your reputation but i really wanted you to tell me about his reputation so i guess i will buy your ring that statement from him made me feel like a king honesty in any bussiness or hobby pays off in spades. ok mark my pleasure have a great day andy militarynut

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks Andy and it's a privilege knowing you!
I am not surprised he went and bought from you, because then he knows he will get the real deal, fair and square!
Mark

M
M
hi mark
he is as happy as a pig in s thanks have a great day andy militarynut

M
OP Offline
M
HAHAHAH! I'm sure he is! Hahahha! Thanks Andy,
Mark

M
OP Offline
M
UPDATE:
Maris Stjade has refunded the ring in full and it has been returned to Lettland.

Maris Stjade sold to me many rings and I've never had a problem with him

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,483 SS Bayonets
1,760,279 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,757 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Hiddensee brooch
by benten - 03/24/2024 04:13 PM
Latest New Posts
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Gaspare - 03/28/2024 12:34 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 11:30 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Frog question.
by Dutchman - 03/27/2024 03:27 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,652
Posts328,702
Members7,501
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
6 members (Seppi, Documentalist, Vern, Paul, benten, AntonGrabbe), 416 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod