Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joda Offline OP
OP Offline
Hallo guys,
Here is the link from Collector's Guild:
http://www.germanmilitaria.com/WaffenSS/Photos/S013373.html

Opinions about it?

thank you! Joda

M
M
I'd ask the seller if it includes a coa from don Boyle. Or make that certification a contingency of sale. Otherwise to be honest, I'd just pm Andy if I had that kind of dough for an sshr.
Good luck
Mike

Online Content

please post pictures, not link as they disappear

thanks

G
Online Content
G
Yes Joda please,,,when ever possible try and put at least one photo [if not all] .... IF size a issue we have a great photo resizer on GDC. And, sometime you can get away with just cropping the photos edges and if close will be the correct size.. Pretty sure limit here is 113kb..

IF your looking for a ring and worried about not knowing the dealer etc.. I can recommend 'MilitaryNut'. He is a GDC supporter and always has a few HRs for sale. ALL of his rings have Dons CoA,,,and most already have the research done on them saving you much money!
Sometimes his banner appears at the top of our forum pages,,,OR, just go to military nut.com

Last edited by Gaspare; 06/27/2015 04:14 AM.
C
C
This is the only photo they show
Br,
Craig

S013373full.jpg (60.67 KB, 250 downloads)
P
P
imo, they are just not worth the high price that these things command, there are far nicer rings out there
for less money. mike

M
M
hi bonny
good morning to you i see that in your opinion as you say that the ss himmler honor rings are not worth the money they are asking for and there is cheaper rings out there yes your right there is cheaper rings out there but not ss honor rings owning a ss himmler named honor ring is the rarest ss item in the market to collect and buy besides a named ss honor sword which is usually more money it tells the history and story about who owned it this is why in my opinion they are worth the money we pay. and by the way the history that our great researcher ross kellob finds in the archives is great he is the best researcher in his field and i am very happy to have his services to us guys and thats is all so my opinion . if our ss mans history is in the archives he will find it and its usually a large file . last we only get what we pay for in this world no free rides on this military train thanks for your opinion im sure there will be a few more opinions cant wait to see best to all andy militarynut

M
M
I agree with Andy. For many the ownership of an honor ring is an icing on the cake type item. For some it's a lifetime achievement, or a crown jewel in an ss collection. It's true that there are rarer items, some cost less, some cost much more. I think Gaspare said there were fewer kantine rings of a number of styles than sshrs by far (correct me if I'm wrong here)...but that a lot of the inspiration for the skull rings came from young men who really wanted an sshr, but couldn't get them, as they were forbidden to be remade for private purchase or sale. They are a unique part of ss history. It's not a military award or honor, it was a personal gift from Heinrich himmler, head of the ss, bestowed only to a certain few, officers of the ss, (unless any coburg men were still enlisted men at their moment of receipt) only for a certain time, and with a mystical-themed ceremony, in the sanctum Sanctorum of wewelsburg castle...loaded with mysterious symbols, and with a deaths head to boot, it came with a strict series of rules (death or dishonor, return ring to castle, never let ring fall into hands of the unworthy) on a document (of similar price point itself) wherein the wearer was advised at the the end to "tragen sie den ring in ehren!" It's truly a unique and fairly incomparable item. Just IMHO anyway...

P
P
I agree with both you and andy, they are unique, but the high price for them puts them out of reach of many
collectors, but at least with the ones that andy sells you do get dons coa which would help when the time comes
to move it on ( remember we are only custonians of these things in our lifetime )so until I win the lottery
its more DAK rings for me. mike

M
M
Dak rings are awesome, Mike...you've got a good niche! Likewise if I win the lottery I think I'd be like Kevin wheatcroft from Leicestershire. ( man sleeps in hitlers bed )
Mike

T
T
Totenkofrings are certainly not for everyone. I do think "we" are a dedicated group interested in history.
If you are looking for "cheaper'rings, yes they can be found, but to over look the history associated with the totenkofring is missing the most important part.
As Andy said, this item was personally award and was held in high regards to the owner. Sure, we just see a rign todya, but think about that ring being awarded and the history, then I think they are well worth it.
I have my for the history and nothing more. Just my opinion though. Ron

M
M
Originally Posted By: Tanker
Totenkofrings are certainly not for everyone. I do think "we" are a dedicated group interested in history.
If you are looking for "cheaper'rings, yes they can be found, but to over look the history associated with the totenkofring is missing the most important part.
As Andy said, this item was personally award and was held in high regards to the owner. Sure, we just see a rign todya, but think about that ring being awarded and the history, then I think they are well worth it.
I have my for the history and nothing more. Just my opinion though. Ron

+1 Well put, Ron.

Joda Offline OP
OP Offline
Many thanks to everybody!
It's my fault, I put only the link instead of the pictures..

Thank you Gaspare for your advice; I'm fascinated by Honour Rings because of their historical and personal value.

I think it is anyway a good thing to have an open discussion when such a rare object appears on the market..!

Up to now I've not yet decided to find one. Perhaps one day..!

Thanks guys,
Regards

Joda

G
Online Content
G
just saw the actual advert.. That price to me is high.. I don't think he's anyone infamous,,nor with a great combat record to a Waffen SS unit..
And, I'm surprised there is no mention about the damage to the ring!
In the very least the ring was resized.

Between the wear and resizing I'd let it sit... For that money,,or a little more you can sometimes find a very nice condition ring.. Good luck to you in your hunt...

Joda Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Gaspare!
Yes, Collector's Guild has high prices for quite all their items: in many years I know them I think this is perhaps the first Honour Ring they are going to sell..perhaps I'm wrong.

I agree with you all about the conditions of this ring: too high price for a hard used one.

Many thanks guys!

Joda

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,145 SS Bayonets
1,762,285 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,269 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Latest New Posts
NSKK Dolch fur Führer, Eickhorn
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/20/2024 06:37 AM
3rd reich cards/photos
by Dean Perdue - 04/20/2024 03:14 AM
Imperial Graphic Arts ...
by Dean Perdue - 04/20/2024 02:44 AM
Frog question.
by Vern - 04/20/2024 12:27 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,045
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
10 members (pesho, Stephen, atis, sellick8302@rogers.com, Gaspare, BretVanSant, Mikee, Documentalist, stingray, ed773), 766 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod