Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Skynyrd Offline OP
OP Offline
Can't say it bothers me, as I am not even remotely interested in any "holocaust" related material ,,, But I don't like it when guys like this rabbi set themselves up to be the judge of what is acceptable and what is not.

"Rabbi Abraham Cooper, of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre in Los Angeles, said: ‘It is flat out disgusting for eBay, to profit from the prison garbs of Holocaust victims. They are on the same page as advertisements for major companies like Kia and McDonald’s. This is taking the sale of Nazi death camp memorabilia to the mainstream. It is deplorable.

‘These precious items only belong in museums because they are witnesses to history. This trade is demeaning to everyone who died in the Holocaust.’

````````````````````````````````````````
Ebay's sick trade in Holocaust souvenirs: Outrage over auctions of Death Camp relics
Online auction site eBay is facing an international storm of outrage after it was revealed to be profiting from the repulsive trade in Holocaust memorabilia.

Items for sale include the clothes of concentration camp victims. Among dozens of sick souvenirs on offer last week was a striped uniform thought to have belonged to a Polish baker who died in Auschwitz, which was on sale for £11,200.

It was one of dozens of offensive items uncovered by a Mail on Sunday investigation. And within hours of being alerted to the item by this newspaper, eBay removed it from sale after conducting an ‘urgent investigation’.

The internet giant apologised and vowed to give £25,000 to a suitable charity, before removing more than 30 other death camp souvenirs which it said had evaded its strict vetting process.

eBay, the world’s largest online marketplace, admitted it had no idea how long it has been helping sell items linked to genocide, but one Nazi memorabilia dealer boasted of selling an Auschwitz victim’s uniform for thousands of pounds on the site last year.

The company receives a commission on items sold, as well as charging a listing fee.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l#ixzz2jYhCZcLD
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Doug
If people knew what they were talking about then there would be no issues.....

everyone should know we are controlled and manipulated by minority special interest groups who for some reason wield much power .

eBay stopped selling most things Nazi over 12 years ago. This should come as no surprise. Most of it was fake, like most of the items seen at shows.

I think Skynards point is well taken.

I sold a couple of original Lodz ghetto coins on ebay. I received one of the nicest thank you emails from a buyer who had lost family members in the holocaust and wanted some item from that event. I had supplied her with an honest relic at a fair price. About $25. as far as I can remember. This was close to my cost.

So the Rabbi thinks someone other than my buyer should decide if she can have this relic? and at what price?

At the same time, most of the uniforms and arm bands I have seen came up at auctions shortly after they completed filming Schindler's List. So it is probably 99% bogus.

Skynyrd Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Dave Hohaus
eBay stopped selling most things Nazi over 12 years ago. This should come as no surprise. Most of it was fake, like most of the items seen at shows.

Yeah but, its easy to see the stigma which can be associated with Nazi collecting. The Swastika, for centuries a symbol of good luck used by a myriad of countries and groups including coca cola and the boy scouts, has forever become corrupted into a symbol of racist evil in the minds of many. Still, ebay acted under pressure from a small minority from France & Jews, I think most people wouldn't give a hoot if Nazi items were being sold, but in order to preserve their PC status and cause no waves in their international business model, they caved and never looked back.

I can't see how this compares to holocaust items, not sure if the Jews think that neo Nazis buy these items and hold seances to resurrect their former owners and torture them again or what, but them proposing that every item associated with camps is some kind of holy grail that belongs only in a museum is ludicrous. They have been playing the mass guilt trip since the end of WW2 to further their agenda and reap countless benefits, and I for one am sick and tired of it.
As I said, I don't care on a collecting level since it is far from my area, and as others have said, the vast majority is fake and can never be properly vetted anyhow, but it comes down as a matter of principle for me.
I can see why they banned Nazi items, I can see why they don't allow the sale of personality items from the likes of Charles Manson/Jeffery Dahmer ect ... Its tough to see where it all ends if they keep caving to every special interest, I suppose Indian arrow head collecting and the like may be next in a fruitless effort to appease these sympathy bandits.

Doug
Originally Posted By: Skynyrd
Originally Posted By: Dave Hohaus

Yeah but, its easy to see the stigma which can be associated with Nazi collecting. The Swastika, for centuries a symbol of good luck used by a myriad of countries and groups including coca cola and the boy scouts, has forever become corrupted into a symbol of racist evil in the minds of many. Still, ebay acted under pressure from a small minority from France & Jews, I think most people wouldn't give a hoot if Nazi items were being sold, but in order to preserve their PC status and cause no waves in their international business model, they caved and never looked back.

I can't see how this compares to holocaust items, not sure if the Jews think that neo Nazis buy these items and hold seances to resurrect their former owners and torture them again or what, but them proposing that every item associated with camps is some kind of holy grail that belongs only in a museum is ludicrous. They have been playing the mass guilt trip since the end of WW2 to further their agenda and reap countless benefits, and I for one am sick and tired of it.
As I said, I don't care on a collecting level since it is far from my area, and as others have said, the vast majority is fake and can never be properly vetted anyhow, but it comes down as a matter of principle for me.
I can see why they banned Nazi items, I can see why they don't allow the sale of personality items from the likes of Charles Manson/Jeffery Dahmer ect ... Its tough to see where it all ends if they keep caving to every special interest, I suppose Indian arrow head collecting and the like may be next in a fruitless effort to appease these sympathy bandits.

Spot on!

R
R
Do the African Americans complain about the things sold on E-ban pertaining to the pre civil war items? Do the American Indians complain about Items for sale? We are all aware of the MONSTROUSITIES of WW2 Germany,But it is history and you can not change history. JMO but most of the things that we collect were made by people who where just doing their job. They were blade craftsman or companies that produced what was ordered. In my opinion most A@#$les who support the meaning behind these items couldn't afford them anyway. Don't mean to get to deep but as a collector I'm tired of the stigma that goes along with it. This is America where I still have some rights. If I collect Black memorabilia doesn't mean I'm a racist, If I collect Nazi memorabilia doesn't mean I'm a Nazi! Done venting LOL...

All posts make good points but we heading into current politics and area beyond the interests of GDC.

Back to collecting?

Dave

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,264,124 SS Bayonets
1,762,277 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,239 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Mastering Mono: A Guide to Shopify Theme Customization
by Slash Theme - 04/19/2024 11:10 AM
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Latest New Posts
NSKK Dolch fur Führer, Eickhorn
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/20/2024 06:37 AM
3rd reich cards/photos
by Dean Perdue - 04/20/2024 03:14 AM
Imperial Graphic Arts ...
by Dean Perdue - 04/20/2024 02:44 AM
Frog question.
by Vern - 04/20/2024 12:27 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,668
Posts329,045
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Don Scowen, maybarker, ed773, Documentalist, atis, Evgeniy, Vern, Honestmike), 771 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod