Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#287354 09/09/2013 03:14 AM
R
reds12 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Have an opinion as long as the moderators agree with it. You can lock the discussion Jim but we are all entitled to our opinion. I am not looking for a conflict or argument here. Some members felt that this guy was due homage for his role in WW2, I didn't. It's not about politics , It's just my opinion.If a member has the right to post something about someone or something then other members should have the right to express their opinions about the subject, that simple!

Last edited by reds12; 09/09/2013 03:18 AM.
Agreed, very disappointed that, so long as no forum rules were being violated, grown men are not allowed to discuss issues germane to this "hobby", and life in general. I don't see the point of having a list of forum rules, and new ones are made up apparently on the fly just to make sure no little feathers get ruffled.

Doug
So, you two are incapable of starting a thread on your own about your views?

Red12, Your statement was not only historically flawed but clearly made to inflame other members. A violation of the forum rules.

Skynard, If you have some issue with the way people view the hobby, start a thread, don't disrupt mine.

Actually, you two should start a thread with both of you stating your opposite views. If you can do this without violating any forum rules. Congratulations.

But quit crying because I would not let you fight it out on my dime.

Dang J, fall on your head this morning or something sheesh.

You pm me saying our views are perfectly aligned and I stated exactly what you wanted to say better than you could yourself ,,, Now, in public, I was disrupting your thread ?
Whatever man, thats hypocritical though - And as for your "don't violate any forum rules and everything is fine", you and I both know that is not true, as your thread was closed down without rules being violated, at least I didn't. I don't know what reds said, his comments were deleted then the thread was locked.
If your theory was true, then violating comments would of course be removed and the thread would continue. And as I stated in PM, any thread asking why people who detest anything that has to do with NS collect NS items would be locked and closed down pronto, so I don't even see why you are suggesting that, wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell.
I don't like to see things get contentious, we can debate like the grown men we are and examine issues without getting personal. It is when men are treated like little boys and not trusted to speak their minds is when feathers get ruffled. This is not a romper room forum dedicated to beanie babies, we collect items associated with men who committed mass war crimes, lets start acting like it. No, that doesn't mean politics and racial banter should be allowed, far from it. We can examine these issues without resorting to that, if allowed without a nanny making everyone walk on eggshells.

Doug

As to the reason for the thread being shut down. You know as well as I do that Political discussions are not allowed and the thread had clearly turned political. That is the forum rule that was violated. The thread had turned into a political discussion. Anyone can read the thread and see that. End of story.

As I was clear with you, I believed the thread was getting out of hand and it was better to shut it down before the real mud slinging started. And yes, I agreed you had good issue, but not for my thread on a historic moment. I believe that is simple and obvious.

I also told you that if you really thought you could discuss your issues as you keep stating you can, then you should start a thread and see where it goes.

Instead you want to continue to complain about not getting your way.

I told you yesterday, again last night, and again now. If you want to discuss something, start a thread and do it. I have nothing to do with this.

To me this is simple.

I edited a post and shut down a thread because that was my interpretation of the rules. You disagree. So the solution is obvious. You start a new thread and I stay out of it. If it is alright with the other moderators, fine.

But, this seems to be too simple for you. I enforce the rules as I see them. I told you yesterday you can go to Dave or Vern. I gave you a way to have your way, start a thread. And your response is to complain I am not following the rules by not letting you break the rules.

So, if you really want to discuss your burning issues. Either start a thread, or appeal to Dave or Vern.

But complaining about how unfairly you are being treated and name calling? This is what you call grown men discussing something. Anyway, this thread serves no purpose. We have a new member who doesn't know that you can not post inflammatory postings here and an experienced member who knows better but is on a crusade.

So start a thread and prove you can do what you say.

G
G
Actually Jim just posted the news. But some may take offence or not understand the 'refreshingly neutral'comment.
Guys you got to remember,,like it or not ALL of the military collecting forums are privately owned. It is the owners rules or the highway. I don't always agree but I signed up to moderate and that sometimes means to close a topic before it goes 'bad'..

You guys want to discuss a hero Nazi /good ole boy Nazi topic well go ahead,,I'll participate, Think others would also. Trick is to do it politely with some common sense posts and not insulting anyones point of view etc.
Go for it...........

Last edited by Gaspare; 09/09/2013 11:57 PM.
Thank you Gaspare. There you go Doug. You have a moderator willing to participate. So, start your thread.

Originally Posted By: Jim W
Thank you Gaspare. There you go Doug. You have a moderator willing to participate. So, start your thread.

"You guys want to discuss a hero Nazi /good ole boy Nazi topic well go ahead"

lol sure, with a preamble like that, don't take a rocket scientist [the late, great Wernher Von Braun ??] to see where a thread like that would quickly go, won't take the bate - And with all due respect Jim, really don't need you as some kind of middleman/suggestion maker here, not sure why you are trying to goad me into doing something you well know is going to blow up.

Gaspare, you know I personally like you, I think you are a knowledgeable stand up guy but really, that is hardly the way to demonstrate your openness & sense of fair play by pre-assuming that anyone who disagrees with your POV thinks Nazis are heroes, I am disappointed you using that tactic, it is unbecoming of you as a person and as a mod, which I didn't even know you were up until now.

Now if you want to start a thread and end up being the one to close your own thread, have at it and I'll certainly chime in with my thoughts before it heads south.

Last edited by Skynyrd; 09/10/2013 12:35 AM.

Doug
"with all due respect Jim, really don't need you as some kind of middleman/suggestion maker here, not sure why you are trying to goad me into doing something you well know is going to blow up"

Really Doug. You are now backing out because you say I am "goading" you into starting a post. Everyone who reads this post knows that the issue here is that YOU claim you are not being allowed to express your views, and it is You that claim a discussion can be had with everyone acting as adults.

All I have been doing is asking you to stop whining about it and do something. That is not goading.

The simple fact is that many people have tried to do what you suggest, the open discussion with everyone acting mature. I myself have tried it and the thread had to be shut down. As did all the others. And, while I personally believe your the thread would not make it past 10 posts. I was hoping it would work. I would like to see a lot of contentious issues discussed and I am always optimistic that it can be done.

I am disappointed that you would impugn Gaspare's reputation by saying you would not get a fair chance. If you read Gaspare's original post. It had a lot of class. Yes, anger and disgust, but it had class.

In any case, in the future, whenever you start complaining about not being able to post your opinion, we will refer back to this discussion where you had your chance.

On another subject. If you want, I can give you a bunch of good examples of goading for you. Of course, doing that would violate the forum rules about flaming other members. But, I would be willing to risk Dave's rath if you really want me to.

In any case, I wish you good collecting.

I believe this is the end of meaningful discussion on this thread, and am locking it down.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,265,048 SS Bayonets
1,762,919 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,835 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/23/2024 02:22 PM
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Gaspare - 04/23/2024 02:00 AM
S-98 nA. Bayonet
by lakesidetrader - 04/22/2024 01:57 PM
Latest New Posts
Fantastic Current Military Unit Ring
by Ric Ferrari - 04/26/2024 05:52 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/26/2024 04:00 PM
Knife of the Dutch youth organization.
by Vik - 04/26/2024 05:45 AM
SS and other rare ID tags. And dug collection
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 03:30 AM
Postwar Military PCs.
by Gaspare - 04/26/2024 01:22 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,670
Posts329,067
Members7,519
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Paul, Ric Ferrari, Jonesy, Documentalist, benten, Mikee, C. Wetzel-20609), 609 guests, and 179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod