Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29501 05/24/2009 08:11 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Gentlemen,

i have been searching for the SS Totenkopfring for quite some time now and my search has (nearly) come to a dead end until I chanced upon this site.

As far as i know, most dealers offer very good rings and are often with Don's COA. they are very tempting but slightly on the high price side.

have these rings all dried up? or have they come to a standstill with no one selling them?

If you have a ring available, let me know.
many thanks.

Sincerely,
Mil

Mil, they're still out there but no one is giving them away. If you can find a nice example under 6K you're lucky IMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my personal opinion, with all the controversy surrounding the faking of these rings, if it does not come with a COA from Don Boyle..it would be a wasteful use of good money to buy one. There are cheaper ones...that usually are 'outed' by the forum. Be very cautious in searching where to buy one and who you are dealing with. Some dealers and collectors have been seriously burned with so called "super fakes"..a fake is a fake no matter how super it is.

Mark Wink

M
OP Offline
M
absolutely true. a super fake is still a fake no matter how good. but the problem is - i have not heard of any offers as yet and going out on the web is just a big big wide wide world. maybe someone can help? please send me a PM.

many thanks

U
U
Hey Mil,
Kingtiger hit it on the nose. His are words to follow.

They [TK Rings] are all pricey and sometimes they are not the real thing.

Try Andy at "http://militarynut.com/". He has a nice selection and a good rep. He's been in business 40+ yrs.
You won't have to worry about Fakes.

Good luck, Johnny

J
J
Ultrasmith is right. Anyone looking for an original ring WITH Don Boyle's COA can contact Andy at Militarynut.com I have no connection with them. This is where DON would send you, and he'll vouch for the authenticity of Andy's TKRings and the D.B.COA that comes with them. They currently have rings from $7000 to $9000. I'm sure a heavily worn ring would cost considerably less than that. Just contact him and tell him that's what you're looking for. Regardless of the origin, I can't stress enough to make sure it's got that pesky COA, or that you can acquire one before purchase is final. Then, you'll sleep like a baby. Don't succumb to the dreaded "totenkopfringophobia". Just acquire and/or vet the purchase through the proper channels, and the payoff will be worth it. The economy is pathetic, but you notice that you don't see very many people in a hurry to sell their rings. In fact, 9 out of 10 doctors agree that totenkopfringophobia can be cured merely with the acquisition of an original TK ring.

G
G
- also something to remember,,,, just because a ring is worn does NOT mean its a cheap ring!
I know of several mint rings that are to either 'no finds' on service lists, or to paper pushers,,,they are usually over priced and not big sellers..
Most of the more expensive rings I know of are to infamous/famous SS personalities and they are pretty worn....

B
B
My first SS TK ring was purchased from Andy, a 100% original ring with D.B. COA however, if Andy sells you a ring you really don't need Don's COA you can bet it's real and original. His rings are money in the bank.

M
OP Offline
M
thank you guys.

many have told me to check out Andy's site. no doubt andy is a fantastic chap and we have corresponded. However are there other sources that i could try? I sent an email to John P. but there's been no photos from him for some time now.

military:

You can look at several on Craig Gottlieb's site, but, as Mark said in an earlier post, any ring you are interested in MUST have Don Boyle's seal of approval (actually his COA).

No matter who you buy from.

John

Always looking for Eickhorns and etched bayonets.
Wow,i must say Mr.Don Boyle is a worldwonder!He is at time the sole expert for SS TK Rings,when he says the ring is good,all collectors and dealers worldwide believes at his words .This fame was surely develop in many years .Congrats to Mr.Don Boyle.

M
OP Offline
M
I am still looking for a TK HR Ring - please send me a PM if you have one available. Many thanks.

military,

I have responded to your PM and enclosed a photo of a mint ring. I also explained my price range from a nice average worn ring to a near mint example.

As I suggested, continue your quest of information and educating yourself before making a decision however caution be, don't necessarily seek a bargain priced ring but more so seek a trustworthy and competent source and a ring that you will be pleased and content with.

Again, as I explained previously, please feel free to contact me with any questions or information that I may offer.

Good luck and best regards,

John Pepera

[email protected]

D
D
Military-
What is important to you in regards to condition or history of the recipient if the ring can be researched?

Z
Z
Buying an original honor ring will give you a history lesson of U.S.A Presidents.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to relive it" Santayana
F
F
quote:
Buying an original honor ring will give you a history lesson of U.S.A Presidents.

That's a rather dunb comment, Zorro .... Without further comments or meaning .... Roll Eyes

Gordon

M
M
quote:
Originally posted by zorro:

yeah, the history of many " $$$ Benjamin s $$$" , that were once YOURS. Big Grin

Mil,
One thing for sure, you started looking in one of the BEST arenas.
Good Luck!

In Memory of Joe Mann
Medal of Honor Recipient
July 8, 1922 �
September 19, 1944

M
OP Offline
M
Many thanks for all the replies.

John, I have not received your email after the first one you sent. could you get back to me by email please.

As for the other question - I am open to both options - the condition of the ring itself, or the history (bearer). As it is my first ring, I would like to stick to a fairly low budget and then make a careful study following which I will make further purchases. Not in a hurry, but I still would like members to know Im looking for one. - PM me if you do.

Many thanks.

L
L
Hi,

try Richards Purmalis...he is one off the best.
The quality is outstanding...

cheers.

D
D
Hello
New to this but not to collecting all I can say is keep looking.I got one a few years back from a vet still in the box.I will post a pic of this and my newest hart stoper.Just to prove that dreams do come true.You just have to keep looking and have fath in what you are doing

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,482 SS Bayonets
1,763,975 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,587 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by BretVanSant - 05/03/2024 04:08 AM
Site Down
by Vern - 05/02/2024 11:55 PM
Pipes old and new
by Mikee - 05/01/2024 09:40 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Stephen - 05/01/2024 12:40 PM
Latest New Posts
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by Baz69 - 05/04/2024 05:58 PM
Pipes old and new
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 05/04/2024 05:48 PM
CLAY TOBACCO PIPES
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 05/04/2024 05:15 PM
Russian silver skull & snakes ring
by Gaspare - 05/04/2024 02:14 PM
NSKK dienst dolch
by Dave - 05/04/2024 02:12 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,669
Posts329,108
Members7,524
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Documentalist, C. Wetzel-20609, ed773, Baz69, Vern, den70, ANTIK-1933), 567 guests, and 95 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod