Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
spacey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Is it just me or does the skull look weird on this one...

Last edited by spacey; 10/19/2012 11:14 PM.

Von zwei �beln w�hlt man besser das, was man schon kennt.
G
G
Careful,,thats a copy..........

S
spacey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yep, it is. And not a very good one it seems. Doesn't the skull look wrong (flattened and doesn't raise much above or below the ring band)? It doesn't look like the photos that were on the website that it came from.

What was the 1st giveaway...the inscription?

Last edited by spacey; 10/20/2012 01:25 AM.

G
G
I am not so good with these ,only took the 1st photo though.. Skull off, oak leaf detail off...

Dons book [black hardcover Ed.] is still the best along with the great photos from the various forums.

S
spacey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
On top of all that, it took about 2 months to be mailed. Feel like I got a little screwed on this one. Oh well, I knew it was a repro, I just didn't think it would look fake to me (not being an expert). They actually offer this in 14 kt gold too - wouldn't that be a waste of money!

S
spacey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Here is the website's photo:

Does anyone think the website photo represents the ring that came in the mail? I feel like I just got screwed big time ($150 - doh!)

Last edited by spacey; 10/20/2012 03:31 AM.

G
G
yes, this is from a promotion of Dons. It sure doesn't look anything like this photo!.. Get your money back if your really dis satified.
I am sending copies of this topic and the other to Don......

R
R
Well, different ring but almost same story.

By the pics posted on the mentioned website, I decide to buy Meyer's ring (the best one).

Email confirming what I want dated 20 July, got the ring 2 October.

Of course in spite of pics posted the ring received is not as expected : a lot of casting flaws all around band (in and out) skull not detailed as promised even.

I decide to return it, by such explanation :

"About the ring, not the quality someone expected if compared with the pictures advertised on your site :

casting flaws all over the band ring (in and out) and lack of details already seen in other repro less expensive......I'm sincerely not pleased with"

Reply received by the seller, having the ring in hands :

"Just a heads up that your Panzer Meyer SS Honor Ring is back here now.

This has caused us to examine your ring and the mold for that ring and we believe there was a few small errors in the mold so the first mold was destroyed a new one created. We have very carefully gone through the casting and finishing stage with the new ones and I am sure you will find the replacement to be to your satisfaction. I am sorry for the mistake or oversight on the first one, we are not sure how this happened but it did and the situation has been corrected"

In addition an important clarification to my specific question :

"The ring pictured on our website is a standard production grade Meyer SS ring, nothing special was chosen for the photos as we just took a ring from stock and photographed it"

As soon as got the replacement I will let you know the story end.

Ric

S
spacey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ok Ric, I just got a reply from them as well. Now saying that the ring was not finished and polished. I don't see how a finish and polish is going to fix the overall look of it, but they said they're going to send another one and I can send this one back. No option of a refund.

At least someone is admitting that something is wrong with it.

I'll post a pic when the new one gets here, but I'm not expecting much.

R
R
Be sure, if they refuse my request of money back (if not satisfied by the replacement) , I will do anything to stop them from selling more junk !

Ric

G
G
o.k. , some news from Don he just sent me to post here:

"G: How are you? I do not know these people he ordered the ring from as their web site is ( www.sshonorrings.com ) and their copy Honor Rings are horrible in my opinion. They tried to move in on my friend Russ site which is ( www.sshonorring.com ) . It looks the same but they added an S to their website. I have no idea who they are or even were they are from. Let the people know. Regards Don."

R
R
Originally Posted By: Gaspare

"G: How are you? I do not know these people he ordered the ring from as their web site is ( www.sshonorrings.com ) and their copy Honor Rings are horrible in my opinion. They tried to move in on my friend Russ site which is ( www.sshonorring.com ) . It looks the same but they added an S to their website. I have no idea who they are or even were they are from. Let the people know. Regards Don."

Email account I received from : [email protected]

Any emails received signed by : Russ

Web site I ordered from : www.sshonorring.com

Ric

S
spacey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Gaspare

My emails also say [email protected], and signed by Russ.

These ring was apparently unfinished and sent on accident.

T
T
I would think this clause in the :Ordering & Guarantee" section says it all.

Guarantee, Terms & Conditions
All in stock or standard production items are sold as "satisfaction guaranteed or money promptly refunded". There is a 5 day inspection policy. If you are not pleased with the item it must be reported within 5 days after receipt or it is considered sold. These items are sold as satisfaction guaranteed or money refunded less shipping and handling charges.

Last edited by Tanker; 10/21/2012 10:39 PM.
G
G
O.K. , more from Don:

"Gaspare evidently it was Russ and this is what he e-mailed me. He is making things right by offering the man the better Meyer ring then the lesser Kroger ring he ordered along with other things. I have known Russ a long time and he is an honest and fair person who made an honest mistake as you can see from his e-mail. He is making right on an honest mistake so please post on the forum things are being taken care of . Feel free to e-mail Russ from this e-mail you will find out he is a very nice and honest person and not someone who is out to take anyone. Let me know how things turn out. Regards Don"

S
spacey Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes, Russ has offered the more expensive ring, or a refund. I didn't purposely try to make it look like he was being dishonest. Things were not settled yet until about an hour ago.

An unfinished ring was sent on accident, then there was some mis-communication going around.

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,266,581 SS Bayonets
1,764,071 Teno Insignia Set
1,132,676 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
How Mobile Back Cover Make Your Phone a Unique
by Deven Sen - 05/06/2024 09:08 AM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/06/2024 01:15 AM
Welcome - New Collector Here
by LotusPeddler96 - 05/05/2024 03:40 PM
Latest New Posts
How Mobile Back Cover Make Your Phone a Unique
by Deven Sen - 05/06/2024 09:08 AM
ISO an SS HONOR RING or Totenkopfring
by derjager - 05/06/2024 01:59 AM
AWS Alcoso quality tag
by Billy G. - 05/05/2024 08:49 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,673
Posts329,133
Members7,528
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
5 members (Vern, Honestmike, Documentalist, AfterMath, maybarker), 521 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod