Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Craig,

I would like to know how you came to the conclusion that this statement is as you stated, slanderous and untrue? Did you not sell for the amount stated and did you not purchase for the amount stated? How does his falling on hard times slander you? Are you stating that you didn't profit nor had anything to do with this deal? Just wondering!

S
S
For the record, I did not sell in a divorce panic...I remain married to this day. I purchased an automobile and put $10,000 down based on the fact that you Craig told me that " Steve Wolfe would buy the ring for the price you quoted me, sight unseen. No need to even send pictures, just mail it directly to him. 4 weeks later I am waiting for my payment to arrive. I do not hear anything, even the benefit of an email. I call you and you say that Steve passed on it as it was not "mint" enough for him. I say, "Craig it was your ring, you owned it and sold it. You, better than anyone knew the condition." You say that you will re-purchase from me for $1000 less than Steve's offer and you state, " I raped you" your words....!!! not mine. Craig you are wealthy, set up a lie detector test with all of your contacts on TV...I will gladly take it with you.....I owed $6500 on the car...you had me over a barrell...I agree with your statement that you "raped me" only you screwed me as well...even in your attempts to make it better...I am not responsible for your less than steller reputation, you are...we did good business in the past. I sold you good, qaulity items...more than once..you paid no issue...why would you take advantage of a decent relationship? Sorry that I did not make you rich

S
S
P.S. Craig, your memory does not serve you correctly...I sold it to you and not to another dealer...if one is going to mislead it pays to remember what one has said previously and also to remember one's actions....

T
Online Content
T
I don't think sellick8302 has any reason for not telling the truth. He has been straight forward on all his explanations. I do believe a dealer is going to try every angle to get a cheap price.
CG's mistatements don't help CG's cause. Ron

Since I became a member of GDC, IMO the greatest forum on the web by the way, I've always read nothing but great things about Don Boyle. And it seems to me that every time someone asks who they should send their ring to for authentication, just like the ring here for discussion, Don Boyle's name is given time and time again. He has literally become "the stamp of approval". And IMO a great service to all us that collect. Am I out of line in believing any different? I don't think I've read or heard of any other person on this forum that provides this type of service, but I could be wrong. Some may not need a DB certification, but I believe more would rather have one then not.

The reason I state the above is because I recently took a peek at some dealer sites that sell SS rings, to see if in fact SS Honor ring prices have gone down the tube like reported, but in the process I found a curious but interesting statement. And since SS ring certification has been brought up so many times, I thought I'd ask the collecting community what the consensus is on whether or not this statement I recently read has any factual basis, evidence or merit to it.

The statement basically concluded without explanation, that Don Boyle's certifications are "increasingly-irrelevant"... Tell me it isn't so, because I'm certainly dumbfounded by such a statement which gives no explanation. So I must ask, irrelevant to whom and what does this statement mean and is it true? Does the collecting community believe that Don Boyle's certifications are "increasingly-irrelevant"? Why and or for what reasons has or will this happen? Thank you all.

R
R
Originally Posted By: Mikee
........Does the collecting community believe that Don Boyle's certifications are "increasingly-irrelevant"?.......Thank you all.

I personally think just the opposite !

With repro getting better and better, collectors need a "go to" guy, worldwide accepted as expert, to defend their investment.

Ric

S
S
Don Boyle is an outstanding individual...always willing to help.He provides a great service. I have taken advantage of it. I have yet to hear of an "un satisfied" customer. With one exception I have not heard a bad word directed towards him. I whole heartedly agree with Ric's post...just my opinion though. I believe that he has done more to further Honor rings than all others combined cheers, Ryan

mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
agreed about Don. FOR THE RECORD... I and not connected with Craig or Don in anyway, shape or form. Ric purchased the ring from me for 200.00. Don's COA accompanies the copy/ring.

Take a look here: http://wcstumpmilitaria.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-ludwig-hahn-ss-totenkopfring.html

yes, thats me in the avatar
S
S
Quite the saga...in the end I would have to accept Don's opinion and fee....certifications are like appraisals...an art dealer does not refund their fee if a painting is found to be a copy...you are paying for their expertise, good or bad.....sure the ring market has taken a nose dive...just as the Rohm dagger market is now doing....I would like my name and comments removed from that website. I never gave permission to be quoted publically...my posts and opinions are on GDC for everyone to see....regards, Ryan

mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
i totally agree. it was a learning experience for me and i'm not bitter about it in the end. by me getting a COA from Don, the ring will never be touted as original. I sleep well at night knowing that even if it meant taking one for the team

R
R
Originally Posted By: mclenrd
.....Ric purchased the ring from me for 200.00. Don's COA accompanies the copy/ring.

Indeed, Hahn's ring now belongs to my collection and paid for it that amount (plus fees).

Ric

Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 11/15/2012 07:48 PM.
mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Ric. I hope you enjoy the ring for you case studies on copies. It looks like Prosper has taken down his bulls**t story about me. He then sent me another private email explaining it all (there's been a litany of them that I pull from the trash). I'm so tempted to share it.

mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
the article is back up again... prosper is a fool. everyone has the same access as he does. a normal person can see there is no story. Poor Prosper has everything so twisted it literally squeezes every drop of truth from his article. i have him so confused with the facts that he can't tell what is right and what isn't.

Last edited by mclenrd; 11/16/2012 04:42 PM.

F
F
May I ask please, what exactly this guy has been saying about you
??I cannot open link, but it seems with your posts on this and WA forum a little over the top considering..
Fraser

mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
PK came to his senses and removed the article.

mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
and i mean it respectfully... he showed me that he actually can be reasonable. The poor guy was dragged into it all and terribly mislead by Royster/Stalh whoever who spends too much time jumping to conclusions. Royster simply pitted the two of us. I tried to make amends with him too but he won't see the light. oh well. moving on.

Last edited by mclenrd; 11/23/2012 06:26 PM.

F
F
your obviously not moving on
as your continuing to post on here and WA forum
the same thing..seems like you posted this ring for comments
on originality, but its now obvious there is another agenda concerning you and these other guys..
please elaborate what gripe there is..
fraser

mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
Was moving on until you posted your comment... and here I am. Thanks Fraser. Your concern is a little peculiar to me. I posted here and WAF and WRF for opinions, yes. Unfortunately there are people who lurk on these forums who've turned this into a nasty smear campaign and its important that I keep the record straight and honest.

F
F
your emails to don are a little peculiar
it seems threads on WA and WRF are more revealing than this one on this forum..
fraser

mclenrd Offline OP
OP Offline
whats your point?

S
S
Mclenrd...I would not even bother...like opening a box of....

Sepp

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stephen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,261,669 SS Bayonets
1,760,360 Teno Insignia Set
1,128,802 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Spitzer Stuka Etch Opinions
by RookieSA - 03/29/2024 09:58 AM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:29 PM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Tanker - 03/27/2024 07:13 PM
HJ Fahrtenmesser,
by OWN - 03/27/2024 07:05 PM
Wir fahren gegen Engelland - Battle of Britain
by Stephen - 03/27/2024 10:06 AM
Latest New Posts
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 03/29/2024 01:08 PM
Spitzer Stuka Etch Opinions
by RookieSA - 03/29/2024 01:01 PM
Luftwaffe Swords
by Luftbud - 03/29/2024 09:21 AM
Paul Weyersberg Heer
by Luftbud - 03/29/2024 09:13 AM
F Dula with a twist
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 03/28/2024 09:29 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,653
Posts328,720
Members7,502
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jmart98, RookieSA, Gaspare, Baz69, Documentalist, Evgeniy, Herman V. (aka Herr Mann), Mat J), 562 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod