Translate German to English - Click here to open Altavista's Babel Fish Translator Click here to learn about all those symbols by people's names.

leftlogo.jpg (20709 bytes)

Upgrade to Premium Membership

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#240356 02/27/2011 01:40 AM
Fitzer Offline OP
OP Offline
I was going to put this in the SA Dagger section but thought it belonged more here. This is a description of an SA Dagger currently for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/German-SA-Dagger-NAZ...=item3a63a34b49

"This is my great NAZI dagger which I have owned since I was about 12 years old. I am now 67 so that means I have had it for about 55 years now and it is the single thing I have owned longer than any other possession I have. Where did I get it? OK, I had an uncle Carl who is long gone now and he had a nice collection of war stuff he accumulated by giving returning soldiers money for booze during and right after WW-2. Uncle Carl owned a popular tavern with whores living right on the premises and he did OK at it I guess. Shortly after the war he built a large brick apartment house down the street from my dad's home. It was a four unit apartment building two stories high and it had a large basement including four rooms in the basement where tenants could store their extra goods. Uncle Carl lived in the building and his considerable collection of "stuff" was kept in his storage room down there. As a kid I spent lots of time down Uncle Carl's basement and soon I discovered the war relics. To say I loved that stuff would be an understatement. This knife or dagger is the only thing left of what he let me keep. I remember having a hand grenade that someone apparently emptied the powder out of. The only thing is, they unknowingly left the detonator inside. The detonator in a U.S. Pineapple grenade is a black colored copper metal tube about the diameter of a pencil and about 2 or 2+1/2 inches long. I can tell you it is pretty damn powerful because I held this one over the burner on my mom's gas stove until it blew up. Don't ask me why...I can't answer that because I had no idea it would explode but I did do it. I guess that the detonator was even more powerful than a modern dynamite detonator [blasting cap] which I have some experience with as well. Yep, it certainly was more powerful that a blasting cap and it was about twice the physical size. Well, needless to say I got the shock of my life when it exploded in my hand - - I was very lucky not to be injured. I was holding it by the very top of the grenade top - - the part with the spring handle that you see when the grenade is fully assembled. The cast iron housing was unscrewed so that only the grenade top and the protruding detonator was in my hand at the time. Sorry about adding this long story to my description but I enjoyed remembering it and I thought you might like to hear how a crazy a 12 year old kid can be in getting himself into trouble. OK, back to the dagger now, it will refinish nicely if you have a mind to do that. The paint is just blistered and the wood on the handle has no cracks or deformities at all. Disregarding the novel here, bid high and bid lots on my great German war relic."

Last edited by Fitzer; 02/27/2011 01:58 AM.
A
A
Quote:
"it will refinish nicely if you have a mind to do that. The paint is just blistered and the wood on the handle has no cracks or deformities at all."

I guess he held the dagger over the flame as well! crazy
Jim

A
A
I just read this myself on ebay and thought it was really funny!!! Good old uncle Carl smile
"Carl owned a popular tavern with whores living right on the premises and he did OK at it I guess" LOL

Maybe Uncle carl had some of those " Call Ladies" stashed in the basement and thats why the young nephew spent so much time down there,, Like a hidden playboy magazine. The grenade story is pretty good., i guess after many run ins with the "ladies downstairs" would corrupt a mans mind to to the dumbest things,, like hold a grenade detonator over a flame! Funny how those Dark bermuda triangles that so many men have gotten their minds lost in can bring a man to his kness.....Then get married! Best Larry

Historical Stewardship is a Trusted Honor that must be kept!
Kinda late, but my question is did anybody buy the dagger.........?

....tj

"Never type faster than your abilaty to comrehend werds"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Popular Topics(Views)
2,263,787 SS Bayonets
1,762,158 Teno Insignia Set
1,131,121 westwall rings
Latest New Threads
Overslept a development???
by wotan - 04/15/2024 03:30 PM
Japanese Dagger
by Mikee - 04/14/2024 04:48 PM
Unmarked Kriegsmarine Dagger
by Coyote_Kyle - 04/12/2024 07:07 PM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/10/2024 09:52 PM
Small pennant question.
by Dutchman - 04/07/2024 08:57 PM
Latest New Posts
HR on Ratisbons auction
by Stephen - 04/19/2024 06:59 AM
Das Alte Schutzenscheibe (The old Shooting Target)
by C. Wetzel-20609 - 04/18/2024 08:33 PM
Study and learning materials
by Stephen - 04/18/2024 07:41 PM
Overslept a development???
by sellick8302@rogers.com - 04/18/2024 01:13 PM
Personalized reproduction honor ring source?
by Gaspare - 04/18/2024 12:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics31,667
Posts329,034
Members7,518
Most Online5,900
Dec 19th, 2019
Who's Online Now
7 members (Stud, chevalier2022, Documentalist, Stephen, The_Collector, atis, Don Scowen), 613 guests, and 115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod